Reviews for The Cupboard
Mickey chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I like Dudley finally standing up to his parents
The Songbirds Are Singing chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This is fantastic. Please continue it? Xx :)
sora kazega chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Very nice character work here :)
Narcissa-Weasly chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
You show a side of Dudley that isn't straight through bad as most stories make him to be. He still act the same in the beginning, but you can very clearly see how diffrent he could have been if he grew up somewhere else and didn't have his dad showing him how he "should" act and that he "deserved" to be at the top. But you show all the thinking behind the acting, show him as a real three dimensional person. He start to realise he has done something wrong, but still kind of like his old life. Just the fact how suprised his mum was when he said thank you.

I really liked this story!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I don't know why but from the summary I wasn't expecting this to be an amazing story...I was wrong I LOVE THIS SO EFFING MUCH
fishertowers chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
This was great! I can't wait to read more of your wonderful stories.
FT
Besan chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Wonderful and well written story. I really liked it. I know it is completed, but I would really like it if there is a second chapter of this story. It's my first time reading a story about Dudly and the way he's thinking. I just want to say you are AMAZING...
mainstreet52 chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
...I'm impressed. This is pretty good. Reasonable and pointed.
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Wow. This is just amazing. You showed some realistic character development with Dudley coming to some unsettling realizations about himself and his parents. Plus, I like your descriptions about how the dementors affected him. The best parts were when he sat in the cupboard, and realized just what Harry had to go through for eleven years.
Augustus Featherwing chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
This has to be one of the most thought provoking pieces of writing regarding Dudley's coming of age, and gradual epiphany that I have ever read.

It details his awakening and realisation that the treatment of his cousin was not appropriate, his realisation that his life of comfort was unnatural when someone living in the same house as him was denied food, their own clothing and basic amenities to survive.

This work details one of the lesser shown areas of the series: Dudley's human characteristics, as often he is portrayed as a heartless clone of his father with few abilities for free thoughts of his own; this work humanises him again, giving him a depth as you bring him to the distinct realisation that the actions of both himself, and his parents are wrong, and he tries to bring it to the attention of other people - his parents, only to realise that the feelings his mother has on the subject are based on feelings of insecurity, jealousy and anger that Lily had a talent that she did not.

Vernon's feelings are caused by Petunia's anger and jealousy of Lily bleeding over, and with the result of the numerous magical events which have surrounded Harry's childhood, but is so far gone with his own view of the world that he does not realise the harm that he inflicted onto a child... it is sad, but comforting that at least his son will not turn out the way his father did - short-sighted and narrow minded.

Overall, this work causes you to look at Dudley Dursley closely, causing you to contemplate the changes which occurred behind the scenes of the series and which were not documented in the series; one I would recommend to anyone looking for an alternative view point for the Dursley family as it answers a lot of questions about how Dudley matured, as well as his realisation of his past actions.
me chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Beautiful. :)
That's MY secret chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
This was really really nice. Dudley can be such an interesting character, you made him very good, I must say. Well written
Lexx chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I really liked this fic. It's good as it is but I wouldn't complain if you wrote a sequel. ;)
mcfuz chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This was incredibly lovely. xoxo
inkspell21 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Whoa. Major character development going on here. Nice one.
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »