Reviews for Armistice Day
AnneMary chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I loved this story! I hope that people will still remember this day in 150 years, too. However, I'm somewhat afraid they won't... Even now so many people don't realise why we have November 11th.

Only one thing... We celebrate Rememberance/Armistice Day in Australia, too! In fact, as far as I know, it's remembered (I won't say 'celebrated') in all Commonwealth countries, as well as France and Belgium. Just thought I should let you know...

But I do think it's sort of sweet for Malcolm to wear the poppy and introduce Rememberance Day to the rest of the ship, particularly to T'Pol and Phlox. Even if it does seem very un-Malcolm-ish to spontaneously wear a non-regulation uniform item.
adrielmoonstar chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
We do have the poppies in the US, although one has to look to find them these days as the veterans organizations seem to be dying out. However I wish that we took the remembrance part as seriously as they do in the UK, I was so impressed by that when I lived there. This was a wonderful story, very believable.
Frumious-Bandersnatch-46 chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Excellent story!
After WWII didn't the UK begin calling it "Remembrance Day"?

I do know that the US celebrated Armistice Day as well. After WWII we changed the name to "Veterans Day" to honor all those lost in all wars.

I'm old: I remember veterans' organizations, usually the VFW (the Veterans of Foreign Wars) and/or the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) distributing those paper poppies in remembrance. I don't recall when they stopped doing that — but since that part of the observance was lost in the US it does seem logical that Archer and the rest wouldn't know the significance of Reed's poppy.

Again: Excellent story. Thank you.
Rowvle chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
This was so fantastically written, it really brought a tear to my eye! I could literally imagine every scene you'd written and the scene in which they hold the silence will always stick in my mind. Thank you :)
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 7/29/2012
Extremely poignant and very well written indeed. I could visualize it so well it brought a lump into my throat. Excellent!