Reviews for A Very Unfortunate Love Story
DarkMousyRulezAll chapter 4 . 9/2/2015
aaaaaaaah still only the beginning and yet so much promise! I can't wait to see what unfolds!

-DMRA
Guest chapter 3 . 6/25/2015
amazing!
Itachiluver123 chapter 4 . 5/20/2014
I love this so so much! Please update soon :)
Echoed Voices chapter 4 . 3/26/2014
OMG please please please continue this!
Just-Nat-Nothing-Special chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
I love this story! It's so cute and captures the character's personalities perfectly! Are you still working on this story? Please say yes it's so good!
Lola chapter 4 . 9/16/2012
I love it! You write just like lemony snicket!
Fahiru chapter 4 . 9/8/2012
Very cute.

First off, you're very welcome. I 've got potential, and I'd like to support that.

You may have been in a hurry while writing this, as I am now. Perhaps you were trying to get this posted before an impending flood short circuited your computer, just as I am attempting to get this review written out before impending sleep short circuits my consciousness. Needless to say, this may be short and rather sloppy.

Fairly well done in the manner of copying Snicket's style, I especially like the mention of peeking through the eyeholes in a Shakespeare painting.

Klaus may be a bit to easily smitten, so you might want to ease up on his instant romantic interest to avoid the problem of infatuation rather than love. Of course, you could make them head over heels now, and then have them take more effort to love each other later. However, this is your story and you may write the romance however you may wish, I'm merely a reader and a bit too critical for my own good. I know how annoying that can be, sorry. ''

GordiesGirl7 chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Oh,please,please,PLEASE,update soon!Its great and perfectly in-tune with Lemony Snicket's books!
AlexandraDuffield chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Hi Becky!
Fahiru chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
Ha ha, now the story is starting to steep in the concept of young love. Klaus always did strike me as a bit shy, polite children usually are.

I can't say much for this chapter in the way of analysis, however, I was rather pleased with the description of the Baudelaires' famously good behavior.

Until next chapter, I'll await the turnout. My, that sounded a bit disturbing, didn't it? Not really meant to be intimidating, I just enjoy excessive eloquence, as I rarely get a chance to use it when speaking in person. Whether any of that made a reasonable amount of sense or not, please pay it no mind. -

Fahiru chapter 2 . 8/28/2012
Well, Klaus certainly makes an impression on Allie. I wonder if his appearance is closer in reference to the movie or the books?

There were a few problems mechanically, however, the passages were still fairly well written and I truly enjoyed some of the alternate descriptions you gave.

Because of her tendency to dress up, Allie gives the impression of being a bit younger than she is, as well as being a little self-conscious. She is most likely not very aware of any insecurities that she may have, but she makes me think that she has a yearning to always be beautiful in the eyes of the people important to her, which makes me think of her as being very sweet. Her passion for colorful dress and writing paired make her seem to be a very observant person, as well as someone who possesses both a natural curiosity and appreciation for the world around her.

Of course, the writing interest is the perfect compliment for Klaus's love of books.

Her parents remind me a bit of the Baudelaire parents. They seem rather pleasant and very willing to laugh at themselves.

My favorite scene is the short description of the sounds emitting from the Baudelaire mansion right before Klaus answers the door. It's very brief, but it manages very well to capture the sense of life and happiness going on beyond those doors. It's the life of contentment that the Baudelaires once led and that we the readers have yet to catch a glimpse of. This puts us in the same boat as Allie, so that the door to the previous(although here it would be present) lives of the Baudelaire children is being opened to all of us for the first time.

One final note, I am going to assume that you are going by the movie appearance wise because you described Sunny as blond while in the book her bit of hair is dark. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a nice contrast with a bit of foreboding to the original series.

Fahiru chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Interesting start. I didn't really think much of Fiona as a permanent love interest for Klaus, she was more of a person for whom he had developed an infatuation due to his great admiration and respect for her. I'm happy to see that maybe this time around, he just might get the relationship he deserves more than anybody.

I like the writing style, it is rather similar to Snicket's. The setting was also very nicely done.

Not a new foundation, but there is definitely potential for something very refreshing. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. -

kaykay901 chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
love love love it!
Kelsey chapter 3 . 8/9/2012
Hey there. I really like this story! You managed to capture my attention within the first few chapters. I like how to described the characters in detail. Also I like your use of proper grammar, and spelling! :D
Silwen Prince chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
Very very well said, perfectly in-tune with the style of Lemony Snicket, yet perfectly your own story. I'm very curious about Allie! She sounds like a wonderful girl if Klaus is going to fall in love with her. I liked reading this introduction quite a bit, and I appreciate how concise you were, not too short yet not dragging along with being too wordy.
One question, which Baudelaire is twelve? Since they aren't triplets, nor are two of them twins, I'm slightly confused here.
Also, "like the Baudelaire's" (pp.4 second line), doesn't need that apostrophe since they aren't possessing anything.