Reviews for A New Generation
PoeticJustice446 chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
This is really good. I love that you say Lara isn't "healthy" and treats her brother teribly yet in her words I feel like she still has a bond with her bro. Im excited to read more!
James Birdsong chapter 3 . 10/19/2012
Excellent three chapters
S. Snowflake chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
I have to admit that I didn't think this story would make sense, but I'm impressed with how it wrapped its loose ends up just now. Not only is the thread about Orin's son resolved, but also about how Seymour did in fact go to prison and why Lara is so messed up. The only thing I don't understand is how Lara didn't understand that her mother was trying to raise her on her own until she was ten. Were they just really distant and Audrey never explained why her dad wasn't around?

Also, after doing a brief skim-read, no, you never said Lara was fourteen.

All I can wonder now is if there's gonna be more Audrey II-related material. *Crossing fingers for a plantapocalypse*

Guest chapter 2 . 10/4/2012
wait, thats it? It was just getting Good! Though, i find it odd that the story is in the libary and people know the truth about Audry2. I always figured that Symore and Audry would keep it to themselves after all, Symore would have gone to jail if people knew the real truth.
Sierra.Gem chapter 2 . 10/5/2012
Guest - that's not it. I'm working on more. All I'm gonna say is, you'd be surprised what they kept from their kids.
S. Snowflake chapter 2 . 9/20/2012
Oh boy… I had a lot of hopes for this after the last chapter. First, I'll cover the good things:

Seymour's reaction to the Audrey II bud was surprisingly accurate. Kill it with fiya! Secondly, the kids aren't terrible characters, though I'd like it if Seymour Jr. wasn't such a clone of his dad.

One problem is that I can't imagine why Audrey and Seymour live in a suburb so close to Skid Row. I also can't imagine why there is information on the plant's diet and the people who died. Seymour would have probably been arrested for murder if people knew what happened. I mean, he was at least partially responsible. Why would public records exist on this?

Also, you didn't explain that Lara is older than her brother or that she knows more about her mom's past than him. That could explain her anger problems to some degree, but then again, I don't know if that's why she has issues. Lastly, I think Audrey would be a lot more concerned about her kids being on Skid Row if she knew they were there.

Monkeymonkey123 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Anything more? PLease I wanna know!
S. Snowflake chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Finally a next generation fic! I've been waiting for someone else to write a story about Audrey and Seymour having kids for a while.

First off, I want to say that your writing is very good. I can't find a typo anywhere. I kind of want more description on the kids–like if they're literally the clone children Audrey sees in her fantasy in the movie and how old they're supposed to be now. I also like the little references you make to different versions like "little matchbox," "Audrey Jr," "ya never know," etc. The only thing that really bugs me (I guess on a personal level) is that Lara's name is very similar to my real one…I feel like I'm in the story.

All that aside, I wonder what Lara's problem is. I can't believe she called her mom an idiot! Sure, Audrey's not the brightest bulb in the box, but she's still her mom…

Also, how Seymour didn't take a blowtorch to that Audrey II in the front yard by now baffles me, but maybe you'll explain a good reason why. Hell, I haven't explained what happened to the little blood sucker in my fanfics yet, so there's hope.

Hoping for an update soon!