Reviews for The Shieldmaiden of the North
SanglanteAlouette chapter 35 . 8/25/2018
This is a great story, with a realistic portrayal of the characters. Thank you for sharing it with us
Inertia Kiss chapter 35 . 5/8/2015
Ow I just happen to have devoured your story. oups. That was absolutely terrific and I don't know if I should curse you for crushing my hopes (did you really have to kill Theodred ? Maybe a little mojo. I still feel a little dead inside my poor little heart (just kidding, I thank you for keeping it canon(but I wike him so much :3 (as for Eomer(and comas)))) or love you cause that was super sweet. Kudos for Lothiriel and Eomer cause those two are so precious 3
Guest chapter 14 . 3/12/2015
mWHAHAHA
ptl4ever419 chapter 34 . 3/2/2014
I loved your story so much I had to read it again. It's such a lovely and interesting story. I simply love the premise, especially the saying, 'The North waits for no Man'
aerialism chapter 35 . 1/19/2014
Oh. My. Effing. God. My emotions are out of control right now. You are an amazing author.
It was around 3 weeks ago that I added your fic to my favourites. I never actually read it though. And now, I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID.
Ailith is my hero now. YOU are my hero now. You were able to create a NON annoying, petty, pathetic, cliche character AND environment. Ailith is just amazing, like you. She cried, she laugh, she loved. She had passion. Ailith also new her duty and was a kick ass fighter.
I'm just beyond words right now. I wish I knew you in real life. You must be a wonderful person and friend. I just love your writing and I hope you continue.
Liv
ptl4ever419 chapter 35 . 11/8/2013
I love it, very well written :)
the Random Oliphaunt chapter 4 . 9/16/2013
I've finally gotten round to reading this, and it is absolutely brilliant! I'm impressed you can manage to write excellent 'serious' fan ficus as well as hilarious parodies. I'm intrigued as to what Ailith will think of the Fellowship. I can see her teaming up with Gimli to torment Legolas
Amber chapter 35 . 6/22/2013
K, "Damn-ass rant!" aside, I loved this story and I read it in one day.

One. Friggen. Day.

*Honeydew voice* LOIKE A BOSSSSS.

New record for me, thank you dearly for making me strive to stay up a solid 12 and/or 24 hour time period to read this. :)
Amber chapter 35 . 6/22/2013
Damn all things canon. Damn them all. Damn that Gondor lady I forgot the name off. Damnnnnn herrrrr soulllll. -.-

I would have "squee"d head over heels if she told Eomer about his damn-ass son and her damn-ass love for his damn-ass self. Damn-ass to her, damn it.

Damn. -.- Just... damn.

Damn that damn-ass part of her personality that made her hate the idea of him loving her as a wife... Guess it'd be awkward... But still. Damn

[Achievement completed: Damn-ass rant!]
Amber chapter 34 . 6/22/2013
For the love of [insert obscene and utterly imaginative and foul mouthed word here]. WHY. THE. [insert crude and outraged curse here]. DID SHE NOT TELL HIM!

GAHHHHHH! [insert random letters, therefore indicating that she/he has indeed and quite literally smashed their head against their keyboard here]
Yuki Suou chapter 35 . 4/28/2013
Hmmm now that you say, there really is a parallel between Queen Ailith and Olivier Mira Armstrong!
But i didn't understand why she didn't marry Eomer
Yuki Suou chapter 26 . 4/28/2013
I cant wait to see her encounter with Haldir :)
nell chapter 35 . 3/18/2013
this is truly a great story, and I enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you for finishing it :)
The way you write is great! And I would also like to state that not making her Eomer's Queen was right thing to do. I think it would have been wrong.. You made a strong woman out if her, and the way she grew was believable and natural. The love story and it's ending were both beautiful, I must add :)
Thank you once again for this story, I hope you will keep writing!
Doria Nell
Wingtip chapter 35 . 3/17/2013
As a long time reader of this story, I was very pleased with the ending. It would have been unlike Ailith to accept Eomer's offer, and I like that an OFC managed to findhappiess on her own and not through a man.
Wordspin chapter 35 . 3/17/2013
This was a good end to a good story. Tinted with sadness but fitting. Ailith's actions, as she thought, were for the best, but she would have indeed made a formidable Queen. The adventures she had after the birth of her son piqued my interest and no doubt they would be quite intriguing if told in full. The short sequel will be exciting to read.

Just a tiny detail that doesn't quite agree with book-verse is the existence of the First, Second and Third Marshals of the Mark after the Ring War, since Eomer had done some restructuring when he became King. But it would work out perfectly if, in addition to the new Marshals of the East-mark and West-mark, there was a third spot for Marshal of the Wold, given that the region has an amount of independence in your writings. That way there would still be three Marshals and a little change in terminology.

Cheers,