Reviews for Series: Across Seasons
Tin Wordsman chapter 10 . 4/20/2013
Good change of pace chapter, with a neatly done portrait of Xander just beginning to pick his way through the minefield. I also liked the dry, 'slayer-business-as-usual' references to dealing with Mary Porter.

Awaiting further developments!
Tin Wordsman chapter 9 . 3/24/2013
And so, the most tension-filled dinner/date(?) on record culminates in a major speed bump! Your details were extra expressive this time out, making me practically taste the food. I also loved Will's rambling digression over the 'Elvis' vamp- very funny & on-point.

Keep 'em coming; your in-box appearances always brighten my day!
secretnerd15 chapter 8 . 3/13/2013
Interesting take! Looking forward to the next chapter.

Your Secret Nerd
ZooBoy chapter 8 . 3/13/2013
I love it. Continue!
Tin Wordsman chapter 8 . 3/13/2013
Another enchanting chapter, capturing Buff & Will's voices (both inner & outer) to the proverbial 'T'. A very apt title, too - so much tension and uncertainty packed into a short walk.

As someone who puts a lot of thought into his own titles, I'm also getting a kick out of all your clever uses of the word 'cross'.

Waiting eagerly by my inbox for word of the next episode!
Tin Wordsman chapter 7 . 3/6/2013
Love this! You've authentically captured the character's voices, particularly the ever lovelorn-y Willow; and your POVs and dialogue are so spot-on, I've had no trouble keeping straight who's who. It's tricky capturing the unique flavor of the Buffy scripts, but your story actually feels like a series of unfilmed sidebars to the episodes.

One tiny observation... In Chapter 4, when Willow was dreamily taking stock of Buffy's many attractive features, I'm a bit surprised she left out 'her excellent nose' (see Buffy Season 8 GN, vol. 4).

Keep up the wonderful work!
TallyHo chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
You've created a great story here. I can picture the stress inside Willow as almost being like the great bubble ready to burst that she talks about and her insecurities combined with her social awkwardness just about make it impossible for her to be clear about anything especially to herself.

Having said that I have to agree with Dorian a little in that sometimes it is really unclear who is doing the thinking until you read a lot further. I did twig the kiss was a fantasy (I've had enough of them myself to recognise the symptoms *grins*)
Not sure what if anything could be done as it would be too much to have to start each para with "Xander thought" or "Willow sighed" etc etc and the problem could be mine anyway as in I don't yet know the character well enough to get them immediately.

Whatever, please continue this fic as it has me completely caught up in how it will resolve and I love the way you write the characters and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Valyssia chapter 4 . 9/7/2012
Have you ever done that 'meditative' thing where you're thinking about something and you slip away? Your body becomes so much less important to you that it barely registers. You mind just kind plods along playing with the pieces. I do that a lot when I'm working on a story I need to figure out.

I saw Willow doing that. We come in toward the tail end. She's already thought over whatever research issue she was having trouble with. She relaxed a ton and drifted onto a different topic. The kiss happened in a daydream state, but deeper. It was a fantasy. Pure self-indulgence.

The natural course from that sort of meditation is down, especially if you're tired. She actually falls asleep and is awakened by Giles. She wakes up unsure what's real. Once she understands what happened, she is mortified and leaves.

I don't know how I could've possibly made that clearer given the limits of the situation. However, receiving an immediate 'I don't understand' right after posting makes me want to try. Thing is, I like the cadence of the piece. I think it reads well, so if no one else grumps complaint, I'll probably leave it and play catch up further up the rode in one of the forthcoming stories.
Howard Russell chapter 4 . 9/7/2012
To Dorian: If the chapter title weren't hint enough, it's stated directly within the chapter that the kiss was only a dream. "I had an alarmingly realistic, totally uncensored, semi-lucid dream about kissing my best friend..." Val would be hard pressed to make it more clear.
TheRedPoet chapter 4 . 9/7/2012
I'm all for Willow's mind being a tiny bit hard to navigate, but this is too much. I have no idea what's going on most of the time. :p

What kiss, for example? I've looked, both in this chapter and the one prior and cannot find the kiss.

I like your style of writing, but you need to make it clearer what's going on, I think.
TheRedPoet chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I cannot believe this story has no reviews yet. It's a great piece. I look forward to more.
Wish I could offer you suggestions, but I really can't. :p