Reviews for The Birth of a Cyborg
more?
Amy Yocom chapter 2 . 10/27/2012
wow good job
RosieP83 chapter 2 . 8/25/2012
wow...I look forward to the next chapter. Rather dark. it really got me thinking. Poor poor Gadget.
Lt.Gungirl chapter 2 . 8/3/2012
Can't wait to see more. Intriguing story so far. I like the description and love the idea behind his name. There were a few typos, mainly confusing homophones, and this sentence confused me: "That was before he ticked the boxes that decided John's fact." Other than that I had a blast reading this! Thanks for sharing it.
fanfictioncollection2013 chapter 2 . 7/31/2012
I like this story, it's dark and it's got an edge to it that keeps me spellbound. I love the way you've taken Gadget from the cyborg side of him and looked at that angle, his memories are very vivid and his take on life and how he feels about being more machine than man are very believeable in the sense that he would feel that way because his body is so mechanical, yet by the fact that he so resents it and the way he feels about it in general, this emphasizes the fact that yes he IS still human to have those opinions and emotions.

I liked him smoking out of the window and his thoughts on the drugs, too. Again it showed his very human side even though he is mostly machine.

And his memories of the explosion and all the rest of it are very nicely setting up the whole scene for his background as well as starting a very interesting plot. I love this story already, I want to read more of it :-)
Alex chapter 2 . 7/30/2012
I really liked this. You seem to have a couple grammatical errors but the narrative is good. Cynical too. I wonder if the next chapter is told from Penny's point of view regarding the same events?
Jonny2b chapter 2 . 7/30/2012
Good start. Just like Robo Cop.

Anyways. Trivia fact. Gadget is a satire on Maxwell smart and inspectore clousue.

Thought you might have wanted to know.