Reviews for Terrors of the Night
wow, just wow
judysam936 chapter 9 . 1/20
Great job
ClaudiaRain chapter 15 . 3/5/2015
WOW, I didn't even know how to begin gathering my thoughts to review this, but there was no way that I could walk away without doing so. Here's my thought process as I read this: "Not kidding, it got dark." Next chapter, "Wow, it got darker." Next chapter, "It's still getting darker." Next chapter, "There's no way it can get darker than this." Next chapter, "Well, I was wrong." Next chapter, "Yeah I need to take a break, but first I'll read just 10 more minutes..." And so on and so forth, you get the idea.

In fact, I don't know if I've read something as dark as this before and I don't know if it's because I avoid it or not, but what you've done here is truly amazing because I honestly did not view this as violence for violence's sake. I saw it as a story about two people becoming broken, and the process of that happening forges a unique relationship in which they both need each other to survive and heal, and creates a bond that would never have been created except in this way. As you said, it wasn't even necessarily romantic for them, it simply became part of who they were, and they needed each other to survive.

It was such a unique way of looking at a relationship between two people with no real previous ties and...I don't know if I can properly articulate it, except to say you pretty much broke my heart repeatedly, to the point that I wondered if I could keep reading, but then I HAD to keep reading because I couldn't just leave things as they were. And it truly made the ending so much more satisfying than it otherwise would have been, to see them come out the other side of what they went through. I was left with such a sense of peace at the end of this story. Even in the darkest of times there's still light and there are still reasons to keep going, if you're willing to look for them and hold on once you've found them. For them, it was each other. And I think that's beautiful.
Guest chapter 9 . 3/18/2014
You're disgusting
pink calalily chapter 15 . 2/18/2014
I have to say no matter peoples questions about the content of your story and how it played out as sad and horrific as some moments were it is beautifully written and I agree with you about tge violence. Please take this as a sincere compliment.
Mistra Rose chapter 15 . 2/6/2014
This was a dark themed story, but it was very well written.
addicted-to-cereal chapter 15 . 10/7/2013
Hi,
i would like a alternate or second epilogue! Nice Idea!
greetings
Jasmine-N-Leaves chapter 15 . 9/23/2013
Nicely done. I am sad to this end but you have done a wonderful job with this. Well Done!
ilse23 chapter 15 . 9/20/2013
that was an awesome story. Thank you for writing. It was amazingly written. All the pain and sorrow. Glad everything turned out okay
ilse23 chapter 14 . 9/20/2013
very good chapter. Wow Callen away for 7 months. That must have been hard for Nell. glad everything is okay now
baysideangl chapter 15 . 9/13/2013
i think i love you for writing this. On a lot of levels, this story is kind of important. As you said in your authors notes a few chapters back, no one can tell you what you are supposed to feel, or how you are allowed to or supposed to react. You also created a situation where, when two friends are tortured together, they are the keys to each other getting through it and you clearly show how that can benefit and break them. Whether one would argue whether you stayed 'in character' is utterly rendered moot by the end of chapter 6, and by the end of chapter 9 anyone attempting to make such an argument couldn't because the content of that chapter is the smack in the face that this story is centered around. This was the kind of dirty, raw, hard, psychologically driven story that could have played with any male operative, and either of the (three including Michelle) females, and the impact would have been comparable - the difference is that with it being this combination the pairing of nell's need to fix what's broken comes across differently than if it were kensi because she's a completely different person, and Michelle just isn't as invested with the group so it would have tormented those immediately involved, but would not break the group as much as it does this way. you left no partnership untouched. i'd actually say it borders on flawless.
alix33 chapter 14 . 9/13/2013
"Additionally, I do not own the character of Jake Doyle or his ride (they belong to the super talented, super sexy Alan Hawco… and if you aren't familiar with Republic of Doyle, go watch it!)" - Not exactly an eyesore, is Allan Hawco (I discovered after having to Google and yes, Google spells it with two l's).
"tuque" - I had to Google Images that to learn it looks like a relative of a beanie.
bjq chapter 15 . 9/13/2013
LOVE IT
angelscatie chapter 15 . 9/13/2013
Great chapter. Second epilogue would be awesome
SnoopGirl69 chapter 15 . 9/13/2013
Whew! I wasn't sure if you would have Callen come home but as you said, Hetty would have the last word and that would mean somehow she would find a way to bring him home, even if she had to drag him herself.
Second Epilogue for sure! As amazing as this story is, there should be some Callen & Nell moments before they head back to Los Angeles. Doesn't mean they have to get together but something that has them discussing what each of them want or don't want, once back home.

Now that this story is done, does that mean there will be more "Fun Size" reading in my future?