Reviews for Picking Up the Pieces
Oerba Yun Lightning chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
OH MY GOD this story actually made me shed a tear with the way it was written it is brilliant utterly brilliant and this is only the first chapter! I cannot wait to read the rest :)
WildWolf7 chapter 15 . 7/18/2013
I...cannot describe how entirely fucked up this fanfic is. I normally don't get very many emotions from fanfics in general but this one really did kill me and it might take me a day or two to recover from this.

Honestly, this fic is so brilliantly written. I can see where Serah is coming from, hoping to just keep Fang happy and not hurt her so much, but in the end, I think she did way more harm to everyone else around her than good. The transformation into her own sister, Lightning, was evident and nicely paced - of course it started off so innocent to keep Fang happy but eventually I could see Serah spiraling into her own little illusion, and it was quite sickening. After a while, whenever I saw Lightning's name, I automatically began using HER voice instead of Serah's and had to remember to make the switch back. The fact that this fic had that much of an effect on me is pretty crazy.

Kudos to you for writing this lovely piece. I enjoyed and hated every single second of it but I couldn't tear my eyes away. This is a great display of a talented writer!
Scraggles chapter 15 . 3/3/2013
Great story, but the end - Serah replacing Lightning and the baby names - solidified the building creeps I'd been getting all throughout. Like every guilty pleasure, it just felt so wrong... but I'm guessing that was your intention, eh?

Also, Lebreau's grave-side talk made me cry... Most of her snippets did, really. Huge win, in that respect.
AbsitInvidia28 chapter 15 . 2/4/2013
This was a fantastically well written story, but I do have to say. The ending was just so... fucked up. What Serah did was just so... fucked up. God damn... poor Fang.
Leonard Vindel chapter 15 . 1/15/2013
Mother you spoil your children so much and we love but sometimes you can be very scary but so luring at the same time. I loves this story like every other you take the time out to write for us.

The moment Nora mentioned the dark spots on Fang's brain I knew all hope for her was lost but wondered that if she cane out of it if she'd manage life without her beloved Lightning.

Serah's transformation into her sister is so very very bone chilling and my stomach turns when I think of it. Like Lebreau I am unable to forgive Serah for her actions. Even though she sought to spare Fang the pain and grief she was feeling and perhaps for her own escape, I still can't.

But again thank you for sharing this story with us.
chibi17 chapter 15 . 1/14/2013
Wow this really is twisted! I'm surprised everyone isn't completely fucked up by serah/fang like how I thought they would be. Really great story again although I felt it ended to quick. Would of liked to see how fang/serah kids would have been received by the rest of the gang. Is there a reason why Vanille named her son Snow? I get why serah/lightning woul do it since her thinking is warped. OH! And are you going to make some of your other stories multi chap too? Would love to see a update on the Devis Candy along with several others!
Christer Bleu chapter 15 . 1/14/2013
It's amazing what the mind can do, the responses to grief and agony in particular can change a person one hundred percent. It isn't so strange that Serah would idolize Lightning to the point where she took on that persona when Lightning left -I used to pretend that I was my older brother he was and still is the best at everything he does- and with Fang' influence being whatnot was slipping into that role must've been easy. Everyone else should have separated them or just let Fang die instead of having to deal with both Lightning and Serah being in truth gone. Lovely story with a striking message. Keep up the good work.

-Christer
LightningState chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
It's sad that Serah didn't keep part of herself. I feel like there was a time when she could have turned back, but this might have been her destiny so to speak or her way of keeping her sister alive.

As always you've provided a well thought out, original story that I've loved all the way through. The sadness in this story was very hard hitting, you know how to pull at people's heart strings. Brava! Well done.
FalconTytus chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
wow just well this is not what i expected - wow soo intense
Silentx32 chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
The cemetery scene killed me, you can really feel Lebreau's pain for her lost friend and for letting Serah go so far. I wonder if there's any turning back from here because those two seem lost in their own little world and what would the others say if they saw Serah like this.

It feels like this is the end because I really doubt you can add more from here other than making Lebreau commit suicide from grief. Serah can't be saved now but overral this was another gem and I hope you continue writing. You always seem to make the most original stories.
blackrider11 chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
... I don't know whether to hate you or congradulate you. This is probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've read (that doesn't involve child abuse) ever. So... I'm going to go with hate, hate hate hate hate hate. Nice writing. Time to go raid your other fics.
Kuma chapter 15 . 1/13/2013
Wow, that was an interesting ending? But Im grateful for the completion since I love your stories. Is there any chance that dirty little secret, conniver or any of the old fics will be updated as well? I look forward to reading more of your updated stories
BlueAbyssHax chapter 15 . 1/12/2013
Not gonna lie here Chastity, I'm getting a bit ticked at how 2 of these stories came out.
I love your work, and I like these stories, but the outcome is making me a bit annoyed.

On a fun note: You mightve increased Serah's hate fans with this.
Look forward to the next one.
Thunder1514 chapter 15 . 1/12/2013
Woh lightning is back lol
Rapier11 chapter 15 . 1/12/2013
Woow.. What a such great story! I don't know what to say! It's a really emotional story and Fang is still in her own world. Really love the story, thank you for writing a great story for us :)
82 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »