Reviews for Forgotten Portrait: ReCollection
Mitsuki Shigamatsu chapter 4 . 5/10
Yesh... Mr. Guertena is a sore-loser!
NaughtyPigeon chapter 1 . 3/4
Oh my god, I feel like the only person who has reread this three times-
Hahah I mean what-

s obs
don't mind me just fangirling over ib for 4 years hahah
Nurse Medusa chapter 12 . 1/22
UPDATE PLEASE IT CAN'T END ON THAT CLIFFHANGER OMG PLEASE UPDATE!
JackelFic chapter 12 . 9/26/2015
What an amazing fanfic for an obscure fandom such as Ib. I enjoyed this story from beginning to end. I do, however, want to actually see the end and I hope that after your soul searching quest is completed, you come back with a marvelous ending. It doesn't have to be happy, sad, or expected. I just hope that the ending is justified and well-thought out. In all honesty, I don't have any more expectations for the release of the ending chapter as most well-done fanfics like this don't get completed. However, I do hope you prove me false and blow your audience away with said marvelous ending. As regards to the ending I'd prefer, I'd would pick Weiss Guertena. I say this because, one, making Ib choose between a forgotten friend and a newly made friend is morally insane for a young girl such as her and would psychologically drive her insane no doubt before she could make a choice which by then, Guertena could just seize her rose himself before she could act and two, I'm, a sucker for angsty endings. Who knows, maybe you could end it where after seizing from Ib, something happens or someone comes and saves the day and everyone gets happy ending anyway.
NaughtyPigeon chapter 12 . 8/12/2015
I really want Garry to be alive and never really cared much for Evelyn, sooo xD

I really hope this fanfic wasn't abandoned like most of the fandom.
petra811 chapter 12 . 6/16/2015
I reeeeeeally love this story 3 But... where're the endings? Where are the choices, what Joker Extreme promised? I searched everywhere, but I couldn't find it. Are these really published? If they are, can someone please tell me where can I find it? (sorry if there are some mistakes in my 'letter')
animefan106 chapter 12 . 5/4/2015
This is a wonderful story and I feel my heart beating each chapter I read.
If I were to be honest on the right thing to do, it would be to save Evelyn but if I went with my feelings, I'd go for Garry entirely because of that small attachment from the game. If Ib goes with Gueretena though, that would mean she'd have to feel enough despair and the inability to choose to save between Garry or Evelyn. If I were to choose, I'd fall for the last choice but I felt strong enough for any of this, I want to go with Garry.

But then again, what's the point of the hope Ib believes in that there is still a good side to Gueretena if she doesn't choose to give the rose to him and then maybe have a little speech on hope and trust and her love for her friends?

I'm only predicting right now though. But if Garry is still there, then does that mean he still has his rose though? The again, Mary did take all the rose petals off but... Hmm... I think deeply about things that shouldn't be important in my life but this game is really cute so and kind of deep and twisted so... I just like the plot and the endings always made me feel... solemn, I guess. It's kind of hard to explain. Emotional would be a better word although the types of emotions I have vary from ending to ending like many other people, I'm sure.

Pfft, that's enough from me.

Thank you for your hard work! I am looking forward to the next chapter. I hope your soul searching goes well and I hope things turn out better for you.

-animefan106
MinoAcid chapter 12 . 4/26/2015
Give the rose to Weiss Guertena. I don't know, just to get the bad ending out of the way first, I guess.

Also, I do hope that you update soon, and that this review serves as a push, however small, towards that desire to finish what you've started.
xXFireLemonsXx chapter 12 . 4/12/2015
I know it's been a while since you updated this story, but it's gotten to the most important part of the whole story and I find it saddening to see it not finished. This story is a piece of art on it's own, so please, please, for everybody who has ever read it and is still waiting, please update soon!
FanZ chapter 12 . 3/27/2015
I hope you haven't given up on finishing this story, because I just found it recently and want to see how it ends! (although, if you do give up, could you at least post brief summaries of how you planned each of the endings to go?)

It's been an interesting story that, while not 100% matching my personal interpretations of how the Fabricated World would work, you clearly have some interesting ideas about and a couple major twists yet to be revealed. My current best theory is that the cloaked figure is the real Weiss Guertena, while the person claiming to be Guertena is actually Guertena's self-portrait, but that's not without it's holes. Based on chapter 10, I might've thought "Weiss" was really somehow Mary, if it wasn't for chapter 11. Speaking of chapter 11, really excellent job on that chapter; that's exactly how a reunion between Ib and Mary should go! My favorite part of the story by far.

I don't know whether you're still considering any input on the ending choice, but if I were in Ib's shoes, I'd try to use the power of the rose on Weiss himself to cure his insanity, so that he'd be willing and trustworthy to save both Evelyn and Garry. If I was restricted to just those three choices, though, definitely save Evelyn; because Weiss certainly can't be trusted, and if it's between Evelyn and Garry... well, Garry definitely wouldn't want to be saved at Evelyn's expense. If he were making this choice, he'd tell Ib to save Evelyn in a heartbeat; he's just that kind of guy. (I've always thought that if Mary had just explained her situation, how lonely she was and what was required for her to get out, Garry would've volunteered to stay in the gallery so that she could leave)
Guest chapter 12 . 2/19/2015
Garry
Noirx chapter 12 . 1/3/2015
PLEASE PUBLISH THE ENDINGS. I must know how this story will end or else I'll go mad.

My vote is to save Garry first. Maybe second can be Eve and then third will be giving the rise to Weiss? I really don't mind what order they will be released in, I'm sure I'll love every one of them.
Crazypreacher chapter 12 . 12/7/2014
Mmmm... I vote for saving Garry, if you're still accepting votes.
Such a great fic, and I agree with those who say it' retains the spirit of the original.
*sighs* I love the Forgotten Portrait ending so much, it's so sad and heartbreaking and it packs such an emotinonal punch. So twisted and beautiful.
Crazypreacher chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Ohh, I geddit. Guertena's rose i white, because his first name means "white"!
Hannah L-Sama chapter 12 . 10/20/2014
Ah yes, I also forgot to mention this in my review, and remembered after reading it in Clumsy Robot's review - I believe the cloaked figure is the remaining "good half" of Guertena. Perhaps the evil one is a result of the corruption and insanity of the gallery. Also because he has a rose, and because it is white, a possible metaphor. It could also explain his bitterness towards the paintings, and how log he has been there.