Reviews for The Meaning of Goodbye
DeadlySpider888 chapter 1 . 3/3
Aaawww, it's so sweet and sad... i love itc
Kyuubi99 chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Oh God it's Nanako's death all over again
brooklyn1shay2black3 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Oh god that was sad.
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
AW! I LOVE this! :DD Rock on! Absolutely awesome work! *U* *U* Gosh, so heartbreaking, but so good! *U* *U*

You're missing a few commas, and there are two typos I spotted, so might want to check this over another time. Just thought I'd let you know!

*U* *U* And yes, R.I.P. Judith Barcsi! *U* *U*
Mew Sakura the Cyniclon chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Awwwww, I almost started crying while I was reading this. So sad. :( That's sad how Anne Marie's voice actor was killed at such a young age. Anyway, really cute yet sad story. I enjoyed reading this.
Slightly A Jackson Stan chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This almost made me cry, omg :'(

This should've the ending to the first movie - that ending was amazing, but this one was too sweet and sad at the same time.
AnonymousGuest chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
awww that was so sad, i really wanted to cry:(
mastfic chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
So sad when I learned she died at 10 and that her father killed her in her sleep and when I read this I couldn't stop crying
xlime4 chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Aw, this was really sweet, and cute. I'm happy that this is the first 'All Dogs Go To Heaven' fanfiction that I have ever read :)
ViCtOrIoUsGaL41822 chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
That was so beautiful. Literally made me cry. Oh gosh my heart always aches when I watch that movie! Great job with this!
Kitsune of Derision chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Thank you so much for writing this! I was actually looking for a story with a similar theme, and this one was both heartwarming and bitter sweet at the same time. "All Dogs Go To Heaven" has been one of my favorite movies ever since I was a little kid, and I love the way you portrayed Charlie in this fic.

Despite the fact that Charlie was a jerk toward Ann Marie for the first half of the movie, I truly believe that he did love the little girl and would do anything to keep her safe and happy. He proved that more or less when he gave up his life to protect her. Reading Charlie's dialogue in this story made me very happy, and I could hear Burt Reynold's voice in my head the entire time.

I have to admit it was a little painful reading Ann Marie's though, mainly because I have a vivid imagination and I pictured her lying there in bed looking frail and deathly pale. Also, it was sweet how she tried to comfort Charlie, even though he was supposed to be making her feel better. She is a kind hearted little girl, and it is in character for her to want to make him happy.

Itchy was cool too. I agree with him for scolding Charlie, considering that the point of him being in the room is to be supportive of the child. But at the same time, I don't think Itchy understood just how painful the experience was for Charlie. Being in a situation like that is nerve racking, and I can only imagine how helpless Charlie felt having to sit there, watching as the one he loved began to drift further and further away from him with each passing second. I'd have a mental break down if I had to experience anything of the sort; it's nearly impossible to put on a brave face when your heart feels like its crumbling away in to little bite-sized pieces. But I appreciate that Charlie at least tried to be brave for her.

Ann Marie also seemed to be almost to calm. Then again, she is at least seven years old, so I don't know what her out look on death was. Typically, at that young an age, children understand very little about death. However, I take it that she wasn't afraid because she knew that she was finally going to be reunited with her parents in Heaven. Hmmmm...I wonder if there are seperate heaven's for humans and canines.

I like that you dedicated the story to Judith Barsi, the actress that voiced Ann Marie in the movie. I think it was truly horrible what happened to her and her mother. I will never understand how anybody is capable of killing an innocent little kid, especially when said child is there own little girl. I'm not a particulary religious person, but I do hope that Judith's father burns in Hell for all of eternity for what he did to his wife and daughter. They had such a bright future a head of them, and it hurts to know that both of their lives were cut short by one man's envy.

Parent's like that make me sick to my stomach! I mean the very prospect of taking your own child's life is...uncomprehendable, but actually doing it is just insane. I am only nineteen-years-old, and to me the birth of a child is the most wonderful, breath-takingly beautiful thing that a person can ever have happen to them. There is nothing in this world that makes me happier than imagining what it is like to be a mother, and the blessing that it is to hold your newborn son or daughter in your arms for the first time. I hope that I will be fortunate enough in the future to feel that miracle for myself.

Errrr...sorry about that. The talk of children and motherhood reverts me into a sappy, teary eyed mess. Once again, thank you very much for writing this story. It was very well written, and I will be faving it.
-Kitsune-Chan :D
SilverWolf1500 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Oh wow, this was beautiful. Great work. Loved every second of it.