Reviews for Learn To Love
Ash of Ember chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
Awful story. Not about the plot, psychological trauma can be powerful and suicidal attempts indeed do numbers on people. However, things just do not go the way like your writing. To be honest, I'd rather you do not wirte Damian in this story at all. Dick and Bruce are extremely ooc, and I only read people who care nothing about a child treat a kid in the way they did in your story. Sorry being my bitchy self, but probably you just don't like Damian.
obsessedfangirl55 chapter 15 . 7/4/2014
Ok, so I know it's been like, 1 and a half years since this has finished but after reading this I have felt the need to share a story. I felt exactly like Tim and have a little sister who is almost exactly like Damion, except not an assassin. Me and her fight, along with my parents who are divorced, all the time and I felt like no one loved me. I was seriously thinking dark thoughts, and sometimes I think, what would happen if I was gone? Would anyone miss me or would they mourn and forget me? My friend and me are going through the worst fight ever and then I found your story. This has cut me through my heart, made me cry and laugh and believe that this is also how my family would react (I don't have an older sibling but that would probably be how my mom would act). So in conclusion, I would like to thank you for writing this amazing story and finishing it with this bonding chapter. You have helped me, I'm not saying the thoughts are gone, but you have given me things to think about. This is so believable and I can't wait to read more of your works.
2Lazy2LogIn chapter 15 . 6/8/2014
I like the concept for this story and the relationship between Damian and Tim was pretty sweet. However, the treatment of Damian by everyone - especially Dick and Bruce - was just appalling. I know he's a difficult child and that they were all going through a hard time, but that is still no excuse. Hell, even in the first chapter before Tim's suicide attempt they were treating him with absolutely no understanding or respect. Which is very out of character for both Bruce and Dick.

A lot of people don't like Damian and Damian doesn't like a lot of people but Dick does genuinely like - love - Damian, he might get annoyed by him but he does care a lot about the kid (he was his caretaker, his mentor for several months, their relationship was more father and son than brothers) and Bruce was very understanding of Damian's different upbringing even in his first appearance when Damian was an unbearable brat (I really like Damian and I thought that) and he wasn't even sure if he really was his son. He even said to Tim that Damian deserved to be loved and respected because he wouldn't of gotten that with the assassins.

This idea that they would both be talking so negatively about him to other people is painful to read. I flinched when in chapter nine Bruce said "He's been his usual, bitchy self." to Dick in regards to Damian. What father would say that about their ten year old son? Dick's actions in chapter one (before it can be justified by them being in a very emotionally straining situation) were awful as well.

He was acting more like a bully than the man who filled the place of father in Bruce's absence. There are several instances in that chapter alone that I could point out, but the one that rubbed me the worst was towards the end. "Lifting up his shirt to check for a bruise. Obviously he doesn't see this coming, as he gets really touchy at this. 'What are you doing?' he cries, quickly standing up and backing away from me." Instead of apologizing and calmly explaining what he was doing - like most adults would in that situation - Dick gets annoyed and brushes off Damian's obvious discomfort. "Checking for a bruise! Gosh! Have an aneurism!" I'd be defensive too if someone suddenly started lifting my shirt without telling me first even if it was my mom or my sister (both of whom I am very close to) and I wasn't raised by assassins. Family or not you do not start lifting someone's shirt without their permission and then get mad at them when they get defensive about it.

"'Your mother really did a number on you, son,' I say. 'You really have no sense of love or compassion?'" Bruce in chapter four. That is so wrong. Damian is not emotionless, he just does not understand his emotions. Humans are born with the capacity to feel emotions - love, hate sorrow, etc. - how to process those emotions is taught. Damian was raised in an extremely hostile environment - at the end of the Professor Pyg arc in Batman and Robin he was surprised that Dick came for him, that Dick save his life - where he was taught that showing love was not just weak but dangerous. Emotions are complex and confusing. They are hard to understand because most of the time they overlap, you don't always just feel sorrow, but you'll feel sorrow and anger...love and hate. That Bruce expects Damian to immediately grasp onto those concepts and gives up when he doesn't is unrealistic.

Bruce is an awful father to Damian, Dick is a dick, and I only see their actions, their 'helping' Damian, doing more damage to an already damaged child.
Free as the Birds chapter 15 . 2/27/2014
Love your story! I like the bonding with Tim and Damian. There should be more stories on their brotherly relationship.
Robinlover chapter 15 . 8/12/2013
So many feels
egw chapter 15 . 7/16/2013
Loved it!
ShoesSOS13 chapter 15 . 6/2/2013
Awwww! Family love with the BatFamily! :D
evilfryingpangirl chapter 15 . 2/6/2013
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER, LIKE, OMFG.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/16/2013
So I haven't finished readin this story yet but I felt the need to review. It is realy good and I really enoy reading this. I love the realtionship between the brothers, I think it's just really great. I don't like Bruce at all though for how he treats Damien. I'm not usually Damien's biggest fan but Bruce is being such an ass! Anyway great job :)
theraincanttouchus chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
I've always thought that it will be damian who will try to commit suicide
Moon-Fox13 chapter 15 . 9/28/2012
This was a wonderful story, I really enjoyed reading it!
Dextra2 chapter 15 . 9/27/2012
Cool
Guest chapter 15 . 9/27/2012
I love this FanFick *-* Can u write some about Tim/Dick or Tim/Damian? *u*
Glimare chapter 15 . 9/26/2012
Awe! well I wasn't sure about this at first because of suicide attempts (sister tried once, thankfully never panned out) but I liked how you swung it around. Well played.
TheWordCreatorOriginator chapter 15 . 9/26/2012
Awww what a sweet ending! It's great to see Damian finally admit to Tim that he loves him! I wish the batboys said the "L" word a little more in the comics- they're so not good with feelings lol. I really enjoyed this story and I hope you write more Batfam fics!