Reviews for Same Song, Different Singer
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Lovely work, as always. I especially loved the hope you ended it on. I usually steer clear of later season fic because I find it a bit depressing reading about how much the brothers and their relationship has changed, the lack of trust, etc, but you manage to write them perfectly. :)
Eavis chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Even angels, nin gwador, long for this, in truth.
Illucida chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
This was a nice piece. I like the way it was written, and I liked that Sammy thought to use the Colt on Stephen. The ending was great.
Madebyme chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
What a wonderful fic!

The 119 emergency warning is just so Winchester, I can see them using something like this on the show!

There was some lovely moments here that I really cherished. I loved the idea that Sam took a picture of Mary, I think that given his reaction to seeing her that this is completely believale. And the tomato rice reference at the end was the perfect way for Sam to show Dean that he has his back.

Thanks so much for sharing. Take care :)
Landwing chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Ooo! Clever with the reversed 911! It sounds like just the kind of thing Dean would think of, too.

That time trip was so hard on both of them. I bet they both had a lot of "if only" wishes for their parents because of it. They would be the kind of wishes that they keep to themselves, though. By this point, the guys have experienced enough to know their lives were stage managed from the start. They also know just how hard it is to buck the script and stay alive.

Nice job on Sam's reflections. He took the long way around to reach that realization, but to see that he really gets it now...that's worth a lot.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Very interesting ep. tag. Good story.
zekeschance chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Hope. That's what Sam never ran out of. Always wanting to do the right thing, sometimes not the right way but he did have good intentions. And Dean ever the realist. This was wonderful. Loved how it was Mary's picture Sam had on his phone. I remember in that episode how hungrily he looked at her. Something he never had. Thanks so much!
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Could so imagine Sam snapping a photo of Mary when she wasn't looking to keep as a momento as he had no real memories of her as a child, just from old photos and what Dean and John had told him. And love the little gestures you always show that the boys care for each other, they say so much.
Loved it fic :)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Oh, so sweet! Thanks for another wonderfully hopeful story.
I do love those from you. It's always best to see how they care for each and when it's only revealed by some small gestures and not too many words... you have them both down pat. Great job.

Thanks again and take care,
D.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Ah, season 5, how I missed you!

Really love the idea of Sam snapping a photo of Mary while he and Dean were back in the '70s as something for him to hang on to. Aww.
deangirl1 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Love this tag to the episode. If ever an episode needed a bit more about how the boys were dealing afterwards this one did. I miss our boys being this "easy" to see emotionally - that their emotions were coming from a logical point in the story and heading in a logical direction with character growth showing the way... I'm really looking forward to S8 seeing us getting back on track with the characters...
emebalia chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Only the Winchesters can sit beside a dead body eating and reminiscing about childhood memories. Bittersweet and really good.
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
the pull of their crazy-magnet lives stronger than the push.-This is SO beautiful and the ending made me tear up. Wonderful, just...WONDERFUL.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I love how you're able to pull emotion out of these tense situations.
spnMom chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
This story is brilliant. I wish the show could take the time for more scenes like this... scenes that show how much the boys really care for each other. Thanks for sharing.
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »