Reviews for Never Better
greysanatomiac007 chapter 2 . 8/15
Hi! I read the warning in the first chapter and decided "To heck with it" and read on. This sounded like a tween with a sugar rush, no offense to those who enjoyed it. I've read some of your other stories and liked them, I just couldn't get into this one. I think you are a great writer and I know you said this was one of your first stories. This is just my opinion, it doesn't reflect on you or on those who liked reading this. I'm a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice, especially anything Elizabeth/Darcy! I think your idea for writing this story was phenomenal. Wishing you the best of luck with your writing and can't wait to see what you write in the future. :)
Windchimed chapter 40 . 5/6
Thank you for sharing this story! The characters do read as being a bit young, as you said, but I still enjoyed seeing their perspectives and reading their adventures. Nicely done!
Windchimed chapter 38 . 5/6
I actually grew up in Concord, so I know exactly where Bedford is. Thanks for giving a guide on proper pronunciation of Massachusette towns! :-)
Wolf Rebellious chapter 2 . 6/25/2015
damn, writer, you have ATTITUDE
I'm both cringing and interested...but I'm sure it's worth the read
so without further ado, I will continue!
SiriuslyPsychic chapter 8 . 10/16/2014
I AM GONNA BE CALVIN FROM CALVIN AND HOBBES AND I WATCH SPONGEBOB THIS IS WEIRD.
SiriuslyPsychic chapter 6 . 10/16/2014
Haha! I used to watch blues clues! My brother stopped a couple years ago but I still remember random details. Like shapes. And vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables.
Julianabr chapter 40 . 10/30/2013
When I first started to read this story, I wasn't really sure I would finish it. There is so much good fanfic out there, i don't like to waste my time on mediocre writing. If it feels junior league by the end of the first chapter, i'll move on to something else. In this story, the crazy ranting of our Lizzy felt a little gimmicky at first. I mean, she just spouts all is random stuff every five minutes. I thought it a little juvenile and that it would get old fairly quickly.

Then I discovered, the things Lizzy said/thought/did were not random at all.

I discovered that this stream-of-consciousness Lizzy was amazing, that she actually DID make sense and she had charmed me completely. She's the crazy friend you love to pieces, but your other friends just don't get her. She's fiercely loyal, strong on the outside but doubts herself sometimes, wicked smaht (smart-couldn't resist), and often needs to get out of her own way.

She's kind of a handful. But then, isn't that one of the reasons why we love our Lizzy so?

The author surrounds her with a cast of characters that aren't afraid to break out of P&P canon to make the story richer and more interesting. And I enjoyed reading Will's journal in order to get inside his head (LOVE when he decides that journaling might be a bit unmanly).

From what I could tell, the author first finished this story when she was fourteen. Then it looked like she started a major rewrite/polish beginning at age sixteen and finished during her senior year of high school. WOW.

I'm a 45 yr-old retired technology development exec turned sculptor and mother of three. And I read a lot. A LOT. I tell you this so you know I'm not your average fan girl all excited by something that falls short by other standards. This was some seriously good work. Is it perfect? No, and the author admits that. But there is a lot of genius in there.

Now I'm going to go track down some more recent work. I can't wait to see how the author has grown.

Thanks again for a wild ride, a thoroughly charming Lizzy, and a great time!
Truths and Endgames chapter 39 . 10/6/2012
First, I love the story. Originally, I shied away from longer fics, but now, I like them just as much, and your's was kind of amazing. The characters fit very well with their counterparts from the book, and the other details went perfectly with the story and adaptation. I love this fic, and I hope you continue writing (even ten years later.

Second, it's nice to see a fellow Bostonian on this site. Personally, I am from the 'burbs, so it's a bit separate from city life, but I love Boston all the same. Thanks for taking a masterpiece like P&P and transposing it into the lives of Bostonians. All I can say is I hope the Red Sox read this, and get inspired to play better this season...it's just sad, really.
Istasda chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
"Jawol Mein Fuhrer" LOL :D
audrey chapter 9 . 8/14/2010
haha,

favorites from the chapter: hairdryer v.s. wet shoes

dental reference

fastest track record toga reference

hilarious!
audrey chapter 4 . 8/14/2010
hee will read most any pride and prejudice stories... currently reading pride and prejudice and zombies ! :)

loving your story so far, your disclaimer abt. it being written in your teens aside...

like the modern twist
Anita chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Hi Dinah! Can you tell me the name of the story you have pasted on fictionpress? Your '...Rootbeers' story is really nice, and I would like to read more of your stuff. You are a very good writer!
noukinav018 chapter 5 . 8/17/2009
I don't understand.

Lizzie has Darcy's diary?

why the-I'm lost. I need to be enlighten

oh.

and Darcy is a real idiot when he wants to.
noukinav018 chapter 4 . 8/17/2009

noukinav018 chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
H AH AHA

omg! this is so OOC

my

I wanna see where Darcy's introduce!
1,055 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »