Reviews for Never Better
SiriuslyPsychic chapter 8 . 10/16/2014
I AM GONNA BE CALVIN FROM CALVIN AND HOBBES AND I WATCH SPONGEBOB THIS IS WEIRD.
SiriuslyPsychic chapter 6 . 10/16/2014
Haha! I used to watch blues clues! My brother stopped a couple years ago but I still remember random details. Like shapes. And vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables.
Julianabr chapter 40 . 10/30/2013
When I first started to read this story, I wasn't really sure I would finish it. There is so much good fanfic out there, i don't like to waste my time on mediocre writing. If it feels junior league by the end of the first chapter, i'll move on to something else. In this story, the crazy ranting of our Lizzy felt a little gimmicky at first. I mean, she just spouts all is random stuff every five minutes. I thought it a little juvenile and that it would get old fairly quickly.

Then I discovered, the things Lizzy said/thought/did were not random at all.

I discovered that this stream-of-consciousness Lizzy was amazing, that she actually DID make sense and she had charmed me completely. She's the crazy friend you love to pieces, but your other friends just don't get her. She's fiercely loyal, strong on the outside but doubts herself sometimes, wicked smaht (smart-couldn't resist), and often needs to get out of her own way.

She's kind of a handful. But then, isn't that one of the reasons why we love our Lizzy so?

The author surrounds her with a cast of characters that aren't afraid to break out of P&P canon to make the story richer and more interesting. And I enjoyed reading Will's journal in order to get inside his head (LOVE when he decides that journaling might be a bit unmanly).

From what I could tell, the author first finished this story when she was fourteen. Then it looked like she started a major rewrite/polish beginning at age sixteen and finished during her senior year of high school. WOW.

I'm a 45 yr-old retired technology development exec turned sculptor and mother of three. And I read a lot. A LOT. I tell you this so you know I'm not your average fan girl all excited by something that falls short by other standards. This was some seriously good work. Is it perfect? No, and the author admits that. But there is a lot of genius in there.

Now I'm going to go track down some more recent work. I can't wait to see how the author has grown.

Thanks again for a wild ride, a thoroughly charming Lizzy, and a great time!
Truths and Endgames chapter 39 . 10/6/2012
First, I love the story. Originally, I shied away from longer fics, but now, I like them just as much, and your's was kind of amazing. The characters fit very well with their counterparts from the book, and the other details went perfectly with the story and adaptation. I love this fic, and I hope you continue writing (even ten years later.

Second, it's nice to see a fellow Bostonian on this site. Personally, I am from the 'burbs, so it's a bit separate from city life, but I love Boston all the same. Thanks for taking a masterpiece like P&P and transposing it into the lives of Bostonians. All I can say is I hope the Red Sox read this, and get inspired to play better this season...it's just sad, really.
Istasda chapter 22 . 6/28/2012
"Jawol Mein Fuhrer" LOL :D
audrey chapter 9 . 8/14/2010
haha,

favorites from the chapter: hairdryer v.s. wet shoes

dental reference

fastest track record toga reference

hilarious!
audrey chapter 4 . 8/14/2010
hee will read most any pride and prejudice stories... currently reading pride and prejudice and zombies ! :)

loving your story so far, your disclaimer abt. it being written in your teens aside...

like the modern twist
Anita chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
Hi Dinah! Can you tell me the name of the story you have pasted on fictionpress? Your '...Rootbeers' story is really nice, and I would like to read more of your stuff. You are a very good writer!
noukinav018 chapter 5 . 8/17/2009
I don't understand.

Lizzie has Darcy's diary?

why the-I'm lost. I need to be enlighten

oh.

and Darcy is a real idiot when he wants to.
noukinav018 chapter 4 . 8/17/2009

noukinav018 chapter 3 . 8/17/2009
H AH AHA

omg! this is so OOC

my

I wanna see where Darcy's introduce!
noukinav018 chapter 2 . 8/17/2009
ok.

what in the world?

ha ha ha

mischievous Liz?

no way.

too mischievous I think LOL

hey

the whole of Darcy! LOL it made me laugh!
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
ok. I'm terrified.

nah.

I'm excited!

aw. poor you. But ok, this is the first time I'm reading it. So u must have improved it already

OH MY! I just came to realize that the plot is in a"Complete" status!

**jumps to read the first chapter"
IcelandGirl812 chapter 37 . 7/16/2008
This has gotten so much better than it was at the beginning! Way way way less tween-ish, and I like you even more for not changing the beginning as I would have done. Also, I liked the Miss Congeniality reference! That's such a good movie! I've seen it countless times! D And I didn't know Jefferey Donovan was in a play! That is so cool! I'm currently watching him in Burn Notice on USA. He's excellent in that! He was such a jerk when he guest-starred in Monk and CSI Miami that I thought that's all he would ever be when he was in any movie/show. But he greatly surprised me in Burn Notice. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked! Lovin' the story more than at first! D
IcelandGirl812 chapter 28 . 7/15/2008
I LOVE this chapter! It's probably my favorite chapter so far! I don't know exactly why though...I also love the fact that you made Will have a motorcycle. Very nice touch! D

Only thing I didn't like was that the part where Rachel says he's hot made me realize I don't think you ever gave a description of Will...besides his eyes of course. It's highly possible I have just gotten so caught up in the story that I'm forgetting when you mentioned his description. I'm like that. But anyway, I really like, no love, this chapter! D I wish I had an aunt like Rachel though. She seems cool.
1,051 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »