Reviews for Drowning in Darkness
QueenNaberrie chapter 4 . 1/17
This was a scary version of their reunion. Poor John! But Sherlock was able to keep John alive long enough for him to rescued.

Another great reunion story. :)
Random Flyer chapter 4 . 10/20/2014
This was really good, I'm glad it ended relatively well. At the same time, I wish you had put in a little more about John after the fact. You can't be locked in conditions like those for months at a time without some side effects. Maybe John had developed a habit of going into his own mind palace for long periods of time. It'd be an interesting turn around considering Sherlock's usually the one to do that sort of thing. Or perhaps it's a little more difficult to convince him he's not in fact dead or dreaming. I'd be interested in seeing how his recovery plays out.

Thanks for posting the story! :)
EvilDime chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
Aw, sweet! Though most of this really is pretty dark. Egads, but don't you just want to kill Mycroft sometimes?
...Question, though. Why was it so clear that the kidnapper was Moran? I didn't see any hints to that. I mean, Mycroft was even on the "John did it himself" boat - if Moran had been an obvious danger, surely he would have given more weight to that danger?
- Dime
EvilDime chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Woah, bleak. Tell me how you really felt about the ending of season two. ;D
- Dime
Jennatem chapter 4 . 5/15/2014
*Sniff* *Sniff* Beautiful...just beautiful.
Guest chapter 4 . 2/17/2014
:,d
deanine chapter 4 . 2/18/2014
After meandering through your catalog of Sherlock fiction for a week or so, it's time to leave you a right proper review. Normally my reading happens on mobile devices and typing reviews from a cell phone is so tedious I rarely attempt it, so you have my apologies for not leaving more reviews as I read through. Fanfiction is at its heart an altruist endeavor. The only payment comes from the response of readers and you have made such a wide, lovely contribution to the fandom, you deserve several more than I sent in. Rather than meander back through and leave several small reviews, I'm leaving you a Meta-review of sorts on your catalogue as a whole.

There aren't enough really good John/Sherlock friendship fics for this fandom. Having read it seems like one or two hundred quality, romantic Sherlock/John fics, it's been a blast reading the canon relationship because isn't it just lovely too? Bromance can be just as fun to read and you write it like a pro.

A girl can't read your catalogue without coming to the conclusion that you love the character John Watson. He is the central point to most of your writing, and it reads so true to canon because he really is the heart of the actual show.

Specific highlights:

Invisible series: I've read up to the final fic and stopped (will read it when I feel like a good cry). The concept is innovative and fun. The Baskerville fic was so deliciously angsty it curled my toes.

The Woodworking Series: If pressed, to pick one series that was the best, this was the winner by a hair. Taking technical things and making them fun to read isn't always easy, but I was right there with John's carving and spinning wheel operation and violin construction, not bored by the details because you provided just enough to paint a picture, get the reader thinking, without rendering us comatose with jargon and minutiae. This series had real heart and if I could request one sequel it would be in this universe.

The Heritage Series: You've taken a riff here that you like and replayed it so many times that one would think the stories would become unreadable in the repetitiveness, but I've read four or five of them now and each reiteration has been different enough to be enjoyable.

Mistaken Identity Series: While I enjoyed the read, this is your weakest serial in my opinion. It just felt more campy and soap opera-esque than your usual work.

The Non-serials: There are so many and so varied, but your strength is definitely drama, family, friendship and ANGST. Drowning is Darkness was by FAR my favorite. I wish it had another chapter or two but I like wallowing in the angst a little.

To sum up, thanks so much for sharing this amazing, varied, beautiful group of stories. You are a talented writer with a natural hand at flow and description. Fics like yours help a girl get though the kinds of hiatuses this show languishes in.

Peace!

Bridget
Guest chapter 4 . 2/5/2014
Beautiful! :)
EJ 12212012 chapter 4 . 1/7/2014
Wonderful. :D
ThatSassyCaptain chapter 4 . 1/5/2014
The perfect story for when you want to cry rivers. Also, too good to pass up.
IloveHeat chapter 4 . 12/29/2013
But where is Mycroft's punishment? It never seems fair in any story I have read that Mycroft is never held responsible for his actions against John. Great reunion scene but too short. Thank goodness for the common cold... I get to read your stories all weekend and no one can make me stop. Thank you
Sophie W chapter 4 . 10/27/2013
Really enjoyed this. Loved the dialogue at the end. Thank you.
librarywitch chapter 4 . 10/2/2013
Oh wow, that was a good one.
Dr.B.Damned chapter 4 . 7/31/2013
I'm so in love with this!
photo100 chapter 4 . 5/29/2013