Reviews for Arrearage Testimony
Guest chapter 5 . 8/29/2015
The ending was so sad and full of love...this fic its scary becuase it could have happened.

I love how it was written and the conclussion. One of the best fics in my opinion.
Klimmatt chapter 5 . 5/25/2015
This is a really great fic and I'm surprised it doesn't have more reviews. I loved the look at Mako and Bolin's childhood.
Ott chapter 5 . 5/4/2015
Hi, I just wanted to say that I really, really enjoyed this story and would love more about Mako dealing with this part of his past. The series doesn't really grapple with any of the truly harsh realities Mako & Bolin likely faced (though it is meant for a younger audience so... understandable!) and I think you did a really good job of weaving this into Mako's background. I would love a continuation through more of the series! Especially Mako dealing with the end of book one and being controlled through bloodbending or maybe arresting one of his old clients while working as a cop, reacting badly (like almost killing the guy?) and having to explain himself to everyone (or maybe just Lin & Bolin? The whole Krew? IDEK). Sorry for the long comment - I know this story is a few years old, and the likelihood of you wanting to continue it is low, but a girl can dream, right?
Guest chapter 5 . 7/3/2014
Luv it.
JohnyGhostFace chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
That was deep. I look forward to reading the rest of this fic.
Razer Athane chapter 5 . 10/13/2013
Beautiful. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful and creative. Well done :)
SwampTreader chapter 5 . 2/19/2013
this was just. ugh. wonderful. and you did things discreetly and without the gnarly details. I appreciate that a lot.
Darksniels chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Hey there, i know that i am a rookie over here, but your history was beautiful, i haven't any complaint
and in the end i almost Cry. I am going to read this over and over again.

Thatks you ...
:D
wherewulf chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
This one was hard to read at the end. Really a rollercoaster. Improve, improve, improve-oh, hi, Shady Shin...

Like Mako is mortgaging his soul to physically survive. This was rough.

I liked Mako's and Bolin's self-reliance. If their clothes needed patching, they took care of things themselves-unlike a certain cocky Southern Water Tribe warrior... XD Although I bet he learned to sew for himself eventually, too. That only make sense.

I liked Pabu's introduction, and it was interesting to see the Equalists begin to build even here; makes you wonder if Amon had hold of them at this point, or if they were just a bunch of demonstrators right now. I like how the story is layering together, and I love seeing the Chief's compassionate side.

You certainly get some idea as to why Mako's so quiet and keeps to himself...
Knuczema chapter 5 . 8/28/2012
This was a beautiful piece. I thouroughly enjoyed reading it. I won't soon forget this one.

I'm glad that I could help encourage you to write, even in some small way!
somebody's world chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
I can't remember if I've reviewed any of these chapters yet or not, but just in case I haven't... I want you to know that I love this story. It's beautifully written, and everything fits so seamlessly together with the show. Korra may be a kids' cartoon, but I have no doubt the creators intend for there to be plenty of darker things happening off-camera, and you have created some very plausible scenarios filling in some of the gaps and highlighting the boys' heartbreaking struggles. Job very well done, and I can't wait to read the next installment! :)

Lauren
faktory chapter 4 . 8/18/2012
this is probably one one the best stories i've ever read about mako and bolin. it deals with both the past and the present in both a mature and gritty manner that really highlights their hardships and the more interesting aspects of their personalities. i've always found mako to be a fascinating character, and to be honest i've speculated about what he'd had to do to survive as an orphan, as well as how his past played into the personality that he has. the way that you write this is really quite wonderful, and i can't wait to see more. update soon! :)
Knuczema chapter 4 . 8/18/2012
This...THIS...oh my goodness. So many feels!...I can't *falls over dramatically*

You have single handedly renewed my faith in Mako (still don't think he should be with Korra but what ever)

The part where he and Bolin where finally able to leave the shelter they stayed in for so long and Mako left thank you notes for the store owners sent me over the edge *tearbending*

THIS IS AWESOME depressing BUT AWESOME
wherewulf chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I think this was one of the toughest things I've ever read, certainly as tough as Brute Force and just as worth it. You go places that the show can't necessarily go, and you have to wonder if Mako did go there to survive. You unconsciously ask, "If you had no choice, what *would* you do to survive?" It's interesting and thought-provoking how creative and how selflessly-ruthless you portray Mako here with his answer.

I liked how you subtly introduced Lin here at the beginning-we know we're going to see her later-and I liked all the trial-and-error you had Mako and Bolin go through to find out *how* they were going to survive-including food poisoning. XD Having Mako and Bolin find and use the library as much as they did was very innovative.

I thought including Nikka here was very interesting; it made me wonder if, later on, Mako saw a bit of Nikka in Korra, if maybe Nikka's spunk was something that helped form Mako's taste in women down the line, with Asami and with Korra. I also liked the touch of using Aang's statue, how in the middle of part 1 Aang is someone to make wishes to, but at the end... ouch...

Thanks again *for* writing all of this, Vee. This all has been a very interesting take on Mako's backstory.
civilian-identities chapter 3 . 8/14/2012
I don't think I can adequately express how much I love this. It takes Mako and Bolin's unexplored back story and twists it in such an emotional and (unfortunately) realistic way. It takes these characters that have been so painfully two-dimensional and throws them into a whole new perspective - makes them real.

Plus the added fact that your storytelling is phenomenal. You don't focus too much on one time period; you get the point and the emotion across when it's time, and move swiftly when it's not. It's something that's refreshing to see.

I honestly can't wait to see where you continue to go with this.