Reviews for Of Worth
The Shadow Spectre chapter 15 . 5/15
I started reading and couldn't stop. I was counting down the pages and my sadness at getting to the end…unimaginable

Please Update
Hello
I've read a lot of fan fiction on this site. I have never read anything close to the quality and depth you put into this one. Your characters are outstanding. I really hope you continue to update this story. The only consructive thing I can say is that you need to descibe things more. For example the story went from being in the lord inquistors chambers to the her studying and meeting cor. It almost seems as if you forgot a chapter. I will be looking forward to anything you write your a gifted author.
(:Candismoke:)
JP chapter 15 . 9/22/2013
Great stuff, best I've seen in a while. Just read the lot this afternoon. More please!
Jonathan chapter 5 . 6/18/2013
Wow, this is hard to read emotionally but very good. i am pleased
BIBOTOT chapter 15 . 2/15/2013
Dark heresy battle. Lol. Very nice story here. Hope you continue.
unanimously anonymous. mostly chapter 15 . 2/15/2013
Not bad, even if abit short.

I'm slightly confused though, what exactly is this "peril" thing?
Demonic attack? Psyker loosing control on the energy he gathered?

And what do you mean she has "8 wounds" at age 23?

Also, what's with her master threatning con's?
Do you mean to imply that he caused this overload?
Anon chapter 15 . 2/13/2013
WOW. You have to write more! Please please please !
Mattmaster112 chapter 14 . 2/12/2013
This is sad and sweet at the same time. Nice job
unanimously anonymous. mostly chapter 14 . 12/29/2012
Very good.
You have a way with words, your descriptions are one of the things that make your story really stand out.

I don't really have any criticism to offer, sorry.

As for a suggestion, I wouldn't presume... P-:
But still, I would have liked to see some more progress with the plot, and I don't mean to say that it's bad in any way, but maybe if it was paced a tad faster it would have been even more amazing.

Thanks for writing.
Panopticon chapter 14 . 12/29/2012
Ah, it's nice to see people putting out content over the holidays! In this case, I don't mind bringing a little grimdark into the season.

I gotta say the quality of writing (as solid as it was before) has definitely ratcheted up with this latest installment. Your dialogue is paced better, your characters' thoughts are more concise, and the flow of ideas remains consistent throughout. You've said everything that truly needed to be said, without losing your witty and thoughtful style. As for the chapter itself, I particularly liked Blackmoon's "only just a man" maxim - I can't imagine the idea jives with the Ecclesiarchy but I can't imagine he loses any sleep over that fact. Point blank: Blackmoon's a boss.

Well, I don't have much else to add, really. Other than I can totally see your storytelling improving, even from one chapter to the next. So, that's pretty awesome!

-Pan.
NarwhalWarlord chapter 13 . 12/23/2012
Nice going! I can't wait to see more.

I like the Lord Inquisitor. He is rather fun,

I would be glad if Necrons appeared in the future, seeing as the Lord Inquisitor is from the Ordo Xenos, and they could cause more heck, seeing as they are soulless and therefore are massively dangerous to psykers, and other such folks.

Plus I love them.

Please update soon!
unanimously anonymous. mostly chapter 13 . 12/15/2012
Very good.

And as much as I may try, I just can't find anything to criticise.
I guess that someone could claim that as a W40K story it should have *more* doom and gloom in it,
but I think that it's perfect as it is.

This story is expertly written, very intriguing, and has alot of potential.
So thank you, and good luck.

P.S.
Is Ellie an original character?
My knowledge on W40K isn't quite enough to be sure.
unanimously anonymous. mostly chapter 5 . 12/15/2012
Wow.
So far, I have only one word to describe this story - breathtaking.

* Please, do not be discouraged by the low response this story got, those things only rarely indicate if a story is good or bad. *

As for the story itself, well, I wrote 'breathtaking' once before...
So I'll just say that so far I enjoyed it very much, both the plot and the way you written it and the various characters in it.
(Our little herohine takes the cake of course, I can't help but be completly smitten with her.)

I'll review again when I'll finish reading or when I'll have something (hopefully meaningfull) to say.
Panopticon chapter 13 . 12/10/2012
Ah, more intrigue and barbed Inquisitorial banter! Always an entertaining venture.

Now, Ellie's always been a thoughtful kid, but recently she's become downright cerebral in her analysis of her master. Not that I doubt the intellect of a formally educated, psyker child prodigy, of course; Mordekai's obviously spared no expense in shaping her mind academically. Reading Anticlere's review, I have to concur. I think the instances he's referring to, in my opinion, occur in Ellie's more introspective moments. Her thoughts get so analytic that the main idea gets lost in the shuffle. A silver lining in this, however - we got some interesting insight into Inquisitor Mordekai as a result. There's definitely more to him than his caustic exterior suggests, and I'm interested to see how his relationship with Ellie evolves.

The ship-board dialect was an interesting touch, as well. It threw me off at first, I'll admit, but the payoff was totally worth it in the end. That sort of flowery trash-talk seems very at home in the 40K universe, somehow. And was Inquisitor Suzaku the same one that appears one of Graham McNeill's novels? It's been awhile, but I do remember her being a real ice queen. I imagine she'd burst a blood vessel if she knew Mordekai had such a laugh at her expense!

Whew, I'm writing a book here, so I'll wrap it up. A job well done as usual, only a few minor issues - but you're a capable sort, and I'm confident you'll bring us more great story soon. Have a good night!

-Pan.
Anticlere chapter 13 . 12/8/2012
A thoroughly enjoyable chapter, one of your strongest in fact as far as I'm concerned. I've always enjoyed shadowy politicking, and this one contained not only ample that, but also further evolution of Ellie and Mordekai's relationship as well as more Seneschal - which is always a good thing.

The back-and-forth between Mordekai and Suzaku was the definite highlight of the chapter. You did a great job bringing the particular feel of inquisitorial politics to life, which of course includes conveying the sort of thinly veiled mutual disdain shared by the two opposing Lord Inquisitors. I'm happy to report that I was smiling smugly when the censoring motion failed miserably, which is always a good sign as far as making characters relatable goes.

Nice work on the ship dialect, too. Little touches like that help bring the story's world to life more than anything, especially since, when you gave us the (coffee-spraying snort-worthy, I wish I could come up with insults that good, but I guess that space-sailors for you) translation, I could actually sort of see it when I went back and read the untranslated thing again.

You asked for feedback on how you could improve. About the only thing I could say is more of an opinion than a solid critique. While your descriptions are always vivid, I feel as though sometimes they skirt the boundaries of getting lost within themselves; every now and again, I'll run into a section of your writing that I have to go back and reread. English, however, isn't my native language, and such instances are few and far in-between, so take that for what it is.

To sum up, wonderful job once again - more, please!