Reviews for Past Tense and Present Perfect
This story just never cease to amaze and make me cry no matter how many times I read it. Their love was just so beautifully pure and at the same time heart-wrenching, it just pulls you in deep without trying. The dream (Tezuka) / reverie (Fuji) in your epilogue also made me ponder and realize the reason why Taizhoka got so mad at Fujiwara when he saw the latter's position with Minozuki in their dorm. Perhaps, he felt his feeling was betrayed adding to his confusion on their 'unlabeled' relationship? Like Taizoka was hurt, thinking he was just being played with while he was seriously falling for Fujiwara, thus his jerk-ish behavior towards the Tensai in their past life? Am I getting this right?

Plus, your wordplay weaves the setting and the characters into a new world so realistically one could almost see them, and adding on the pinch of historical aspect just made it all the more perfect. I also loved how you made jumbled the names, sort of like a mini guessing game within the story, which made me more hooked with it.

Overall, I just have to say, I love every bit of it! And it will always be one of my favorite story!
moribayashi chapter 1 . 4/6
uwaaaah me likey! glad i stumbled on this fic, you'd really thought it through, and i really enjoyed guessing the modified names (before i realized you'd actually put the list waaay down below). some typos here and there, but it was normal, considering you wrote THIS long for a supposedly one-shot. gokurosamadeshita! _

enough rambling. i'd better rush to the next chappie.
Fujiyuki chapter 2 . 3/1
I love this story. I'm glad to see you writing again.
Lady Rosencrantz chapter 2 . 2/23
That was just utterly beautiful in a tearfully heart wrenching kinda way. I'm so glad you added the epilogue or I probably never would have come across the story.
tezufujilove chapter 2 . 2/12
Welcome back. I'm glad to see you after a long time and to know that you're still writing.
This epilogue is very nice and it completes the whole story in a lovely way. Thank you for writing it and I'm looking forward to reading from you soon.
sugoiauriga chapter 2 . 2/2
thanks for putting up a sequel(somewhat omake) of their happily ever after! I actually bawled when I first read chapter1. The pain was too real and raw. Also, I like their names too. This whole AU is splendid. For this chapter I'm confused though..was tezuka's dream a flashback? I thought taizhoka didn't acknowledge his feelings until syuuzaku died? Was this before they went to the academy? Well aside from that, reading this fic somehow i can see old japan like in the movies. it's so surreal. Thanks for sharing and welcome back!
milkywaykiitten chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
It's so sad...I love it! chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Love this so very much! I also love how their souls even in another time period found each other again. Thank you for writing this.
crimsofirefly chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Whoa! This is really something(ω)and here I am coming from an emotional breakdown because of your story.
I guess this plot is not something unusual. But its uniqueness roots upon your style and play of words. Even in an alternate universe, you have kept Tezuka's usual stouc personna and Fuji's playful but serious attitude. The pacing was also good; not too fast nor was it slow. and ghe compliments all on the way you have expressed the grief and loneliness upon the last part of the flashback. Undeniable painful but beautifully written down on words 〜(ゝ。)
Cheese Rice chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
this is super beautifully written
it made me think of hakuoki o3o
devi no kaze chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Nice story...
megmei chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
24,928 words...omg this must be one of the longest one shot I've ever read. (could I ask you how long did it take to write? I'm just curious xD )
Shuzuka have said most of what I want to say, but I have to say it again. this is AMAZING, both in term of the length and how you can hook the reader with your words even if it's this long. I really love the way you change their names, seriously, familiar yet unfamiliar at all (I spotted one 'Echizen' but otherwise it's perfect). and your way with words, ancient style, it's beautiful.
I particularly love the scene where Fujiwara go after Echinoze in to Taizhoka's room and the scene Fujiwara confessed his feeling to him, it's so powerful and I can feel how desperate and upset Fujiwara is (who wouldn't be? Taizhoka you moron ). but then I love the way you write them that true to their characters , personality crashing yet still on each other mind. the relationship that change from the pureness when young into many layers of lies and responsibilities.

it's not so hard to guess that Fujiwara is the one who kill all the rebels, Taizhoka should have realized it sooner. but I think the way Fuji acts like he forget everyone in the present is very clever, though I personally think Fuji can torture Tezuka more, get back at him. I don't know if Tezuka caught on faster this time is a good thing or bad thing lol. maybe I want to see Tezuka try harder to win his love back, no matter what, even if Fuji cannot remember anything (bonus if Fuji pretend to fall in love with another guy) but that will make the story too long for a one shot, you could make it into chapters lol. xDDD

Thank you for the wonderful read! hope to see your writing more!
Shuzuka chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow. This was just... Amazing. And that's an understatement. I usually skim through long stories but I carefully read every little word of this. Both last night and this afternoon. :P

I really like how you changed their names to something different, but at the same time, similar. It wasn't that obvious to guess Marui or Sengoku to me, but with a hint, you can be sure.

I just LOVE your Fuji here. He's so faithful to his Taizhoka-sama that I find it so CUTE! And the way he still referred to him with the -sama. I think it was kinda unfair to Fuji cause he did so much for his master and even had to lie about "establishing superiority over the Taizhoka's" when he bought their mansion. He left for seven days to protect everyone, specifically Taizhoka. And he still died without being able to say anything to his love! D: I usually never say this, but Tezuka was pretty much a jerk. Even after Fuji let him stay in the mansion, he said it was rude to yell at the maids. Not to mention the countless reincarnations...

Overall, the things I loved most in your story was the characterization, the creativity, and the plot. The idea is a bit cliche to me, but you incorporated it so nicely. Your play on words really amusing, too. Liked your wide range of vocabulary and style of formal speech as indicated by Fujiwara in the past. You also come up with good arguments and retorts that I think you should be a lawyer. xD

I LOVED this story, and I hope you continue to write more about Tezuka and Fuji in the future. (:
fujiyuki chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow, wow, wow... I don't know what else to say. This story hooked me in from the get go. Made me cry. Tugged at my heartstrings. Made me fall in love all over again with this pairing. Not that I ever fell out of love with them :D. Absolutely stunning piece of writing. Loved the historical aspects of it and the subtle changes in the characters names. Can not wait to read more work from you.