Reviews for Second Best
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Okay, this is my first of 2 reviews for placing second in this event :)

Well, I think what appealed to me the most (I'm not going to lie) was a Scorose wedding. :D :D

But aside from that, I thought this was very touching. Fred's feelings were very believable and you described them well throughout. I really felt for the poor guy :(

I also liked your comment about him being known as Fred the second, because I wrote a whole fic about Fred being annoyed by that, so it was easily relateable for me :D

Great writing and congrats on coming second!
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Ohh.. Well this was depressing. Cx Seriously, though, it was really good.
ladyoftheknightley chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Oh, this was heart-wrenching! In a completely good way, that is - you've completely captured the pain of unrequited love, and it must be doubly tough for Fred as he has to see the man he loves with his cousin all the time. I enjoyed the fact that you didn't fall into the cliche of having Fred completely hate Rose, though. Lovely fic overall, thanks for sharing!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
That was...outstanding. Really good, keep writing
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I feel so bad for Fred. Second best must be terrible. " And he's just Fred. Well, not even. He's Fred the Second." - gosh, my heart /hurt/ for Fred there. Realizing that he wouldn't ever be first, even his name. Ouch.

Despite the otherwise serious atmosphere of this piece, I just couldn't stop laughing at this: "Merlin, Score could be polite telling someone to go to hell, if he ever tried." because first off, I thought of you. Then I started thinking about it a little more and could actually picture that happening. (Wondering minds, it's a author's curse!).

"He'd apologized – actually apologized – for not feeling the same way" - I don't think I've ever had anyone apologize for not feeling the same way, but I know I have. It was not a fun experience so I kind of feel for both of them. I would much rather be in Scorpius' position than Fred's because it's easier to tell someone you don't like them like that, then learning it. That hurts.

I think you incorporated the prompt in there perfectly and I still can't believe there was no Albus...Anyways, gorgeous as always, darling!