Reviews for Break Everything
PastOneonta chapter 5 . 6/15/2016
Excellent dialogue between Neal and Peter, accurate to their emotions, their facial expressions, their intent. Depicting beautifully even what they didn't say. I thought Mozzie was excellent and particularly liked his words to a drunk Neal advising him to save some booze for the rest of them on Cape Verde. The creativity of a scene with June welcoming Neal back and sharing some wisdom along with some really good Scotch is all your own. This was a crucial moment for Peter and Neal's friendship, thanks for writing the additional meaning we crave.
MargaritaS chapter 5 . 5/15/2016
i like how you write their banter
Taylkr chapter 5 . 3/20/2016
I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for writing it. And I hope you know I will now consider that moment of stupidity for Peter more as a moment of blinding emotional joy.
Guest chapter 5 . 2/21/2015
Great story! You're a great writer!
Ilse17 chapter 1 . 2/7/2015
After reading all the reviews, I'm surprised to see that all the other comments focus on Peter's blunder with the map, and consider that he telling the truth about that to Neal goes without saying "because he's so honest".
But in the series, Peter apparently DOESN'T ever tell the truth to Neal. And we see him lying by omission to Mozzie about the circumstances of his coming to Neal's rescue. So much for Peter's unfailing integrity !
That kind of dishonesty, and not the blunder with the map, can be compared to Neal breaking into the Burkes' place. It makes somehow the two of them even, I think.
Especially as Peter registered the phone call to Neal and used it to track him, without considering that Neal had told him he was happy in the island. Why couldn't he leave him alone ? If Dobbs/Macleish hadn't happened to be in that island, which led to the final deal, what were the chances for Neal to be reinstated as a FBI consultant instead of ending up in prison, if he was found ? If Peter's goal was to find a way to reinstate him, as you wrote it, why not beginning with achieving that, and then calling Neal only when he could come back safely ? Instead of tracking him behind his back?
The truth is that there are very complicated and warped aspects in Neal and Peter's relationship. In fact, it's another reason for me to like your story, for it shows that relationship as it should be, with its best aspect, while keeping Neal (completely) and Peter (partly) in character.
Ilse17 chapter 5 . 2/6/2015
I enjoyed so much that one ! Thank you for making Peter doing the right thing ! I wish so much he'd had actually done it in the series ! And I like so much Neal trying to suggest a lie to Peter to protect his pride. Deviousness and incredible selflessness rolled into one.
PadyandMoony chapter 5 . 10/21/2013
Awwwwwwwww! I loved this story. I had forgotten Peter had circled the map! And I really liked the missing scenes you put in! Great work! And you were right, this did give me back a little hope on the Peter/Neal bromance! Thanks!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/28/2013
Fantastic story! You are an incredible writer! And you know Peter & Neal so well !
Love this! Never stop writing!
Arches67 chapter 5 . 3/17/2013
I loved this, thank you very much, it was great reading.
Congratulations !
ClaMiAl chapter 5 . 3/12/2013
Oh, very nice story! I loved the Neal/Peter dynamic, and how you showed the two of them, their reactions to each other and their thoughts through the alternation POVs.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 5 . 12/13/2012
I was always really frustrating with the writing at the beginning of this season, and especially the part with Peter leaving that map out in the open, because I felt that it was really out of character. This gives me a new (and happier) perspective on it, so thank you!
canadianscanget chapter 5 . 11/12/2012
Nicely done! You hit the finer points between Neal and Peter, while weaving in some lovely bits in with June and Reese. Absolutely love the "Neal is here," right on the mark ... literally. Cheers G
mouse8 chapter 5 . 9/20/2012
Brilliant! I'll say it again, you are superb at Peter and Neal voices and interactions! I think this is exactly how each would react. Now everything is over and he's safely back where he wants to be, Neal would have no problem forgiving Peter his 'stupidity' although he would take every opportunity to bring it up. Neal is aware a) how much there is to forgive in his own actions and b) how much he owes Peter. I think his explanation as to the reasons Peter committed such idiocy is actually accurate. Anyone seeing Peter's face as he triumphantly circled Neal's location on the map could tell that emotion triumphed sense. He was simply thrilled to have a chance to find his friend. This is definitely my canon for this missing piece of history!
mouse8 chapter 4 . 9/20/2012
Favourite chapter so far! The main problem with the whole map issue is that only Peter is smart enough to find Neal, so then they had to make Peter stupid enough to lead someone else to Neal. That writer's dilemma just wasn't well handled. However, I'll forgive them because this story is so much fun to read! I like Peter's confrontation with Collins, verbally eviscerating him (although I'm sure he'd prefer to take a swing at him). You show an excellent grasp of the legal issues surrounding wiretapping. One of my favourite parts was Peter encouraging Neal to follow his chain of deductive reasoning in discovering Neal's whereabouts. I loved Peter's conversation with June about Byron - a wonderful way to explore the life and retirement and rehabilitation of a conman! I think you also make an excellent point about Peter's attitude after Neal's 'escape'. I think anyone who knew him would be suspicious that he wasn't angry. His very genuine grief told a different story. Lastly I loved Neal accepting the unspoken blame from the department for 'running' to protect Peter. So much to LOVE!
mouse8 chapter 3 . 9/19/2012
They know each other so well, can read each other so well. Peter missed Neal so much, but there's no way he'd actually admit it and I'm glad Neal has that story from another source so he knows how worried Peter was for him.