Reviews for Drinks and Subtle Things
Aquarius Galuxy chapter 8 . 7/1
I'm pretty surprised to see how few reviews there are on this fic, especially the later chapters - I can't begin to tell you how realistic this was, all the way down to the touring, and Fai smelling like hospital chemicals. I loved all the detail, especially the junk food they ate while touring (my husband totally did that when he was touring with a band a few years back and OH GOD junk food ughhhh) But I need to say that I love how you wrote Fai singing. I can imagine it clearly and it's awesome. And the part with Kurogane singing too omg.

Loved how you went through the characters' backstories.. the flashbacks are a little tough to place on a reader's mental timeline (the number of years and months kind of throws me off), but I understood their importance and how they influenced the characters' histories.

I loved how you characterized everyone, from the members of the band, to the techs, to the father figures and the not-so-upstanding Lydia, and how you wove the relationships between everyone. I especially enjoyed the slow progress of KuroFai until the last 2-3 chapters - they kept giving each other looks and then the bar scene with Moves Like Jagger omg... that totally had me cracking up. and then the whole thing with the pneumonia and the pre-show conversation between Kuro and Fai, and the hospital. I love all the emotions that went into Fai's character, and I love your interpretation of him and Kurogane in this story - so broken, yet they see the good in each other. And both of them parenting kids, omg. Would have liked to see more of Kurogane moving in with Fai temporarily, though with the story paused on this note, I'm satisfied as a reader :P

Loved also how you characterized Sakura and Tomoyo, and how you wrote Sakura's relationship with Syaoran, and Kurogane's relationship with Syaoran... I imagine that Fai's enthusiasm for the christmas concert wasn't faked, though the stress of trying to make everyone happy pushed him over the edge. :\

Thank you so so so much for writing such a realistic rockstar AU.. I've never seen anything like it and this has set the benchmark for any others I read. :P am pretty sure there was a lot more I wanted to say, but it's slipped my mind by the time I got the rest of it up here :(
thank you again for the great read! ! ! !
Hello, I have a question. Did you take Gearheads down? I recently wanted to re-read it and found it was no longer up. Even if you've lost interest in it, could you put the story back up please? It was a very well-planned story and I quite enjoyed how you portrayed the characters. Have a great day.
Dragon Smile chapter 8 . 12/22/2014
This is like the AU of my heart. The concept of these characters in a band is so much fun and I'm glad that a great writer like you chose to take it on. Fai is really lovely in this and so are Touya and Yukito. Just... Thanks! Can't wait for more of this universe.
magicdemi-god223 chapter 8 . 7/29/2014
19K words. 19K WORDS. /19K WORDS/ (Why does this review box not have bold or italicize or underline? It would make emphasizing so much easier). I am prepared to virtually get on my knees and worship you.

This chapter was just so indescribable that my feeling cannot be expressed in any other way other than through random keyboard smashing. Hence: jdskfnkdsfnkjsnfjnkjdng!lkejkasm. You and cliffhangers should not be allowed in a sentence unless the sentence says "FarrenMaddox DOES NOT write stories with amazing, feels inducing, gut wrenching, tear jerking, angst driving, why-did-you-write-this-omg-how-could-you-leave-me-hanging-like-that-no-where-is-the-next-whyyyyyyyyyy cliffhangers." So much love for this chapter 3

The first part was just so "I want to hug you Kurogane, and no, you may not push me away because you need a hug and will give you a hug even if it's the last thing I will do and you will like it. :" BUT OMG the second part. Omg you ALMOST killed Fai Dx (there are not enough Dx to convey my emotions). If I didn't know any better, I would have virtually gone after you with a pitchfork and demand that you let him live. (I'm not threatening you by the way. This is how I show my love).

The next parts were just so jfbgjdbdgnjk. Like I know you gave a warning at the beginning but I never knew there'd be so much angst, degrading of self and omg, I. CANNOT. But the LAST part. My God. Why. AND THAT LAST LINE. No, no, you did NOT just do that.

You just sent me into an hour-long fangirling session from 9 to 10pm. I swear, your stories never fail to make me act like a total fool because of the feels and emotions going through me while I read. Like in the previous chapter, where Fai and Kurogane sort of asked each other on a date, I was practically destroying my pillow because I was biting it so hard so as not to scream and, if someone were beside me, I'd have slapped that person silly going "OMG YES KUROFAI finally this is so cute I cannot I love them I'm sorry I'm hurting you but my OTP is so fucking adorable I could hug the life out of them"

xD I'm so sorry for sounding like some deranged lunatic xD This is what happens you when I read amazing stories at night.

I really hope to be able to read more soon. You simply cannot leave your readers hanging like that :(
The last line is STILL making me cry (not really crying but you get the idea), ESPECIALLY those last words. Cus like, it's tantamount to saying that Ashura's given up on Fai (which he HOPEFULLY did not... right? right?) Speaking of Ashura... now that he's mentioned, will he be playing any more roles in the future? Like, will he be like the father Fai wanted him to be on the day of his mother's funeral? I'm hoping so cus if there's anything as feels inducing as KuroFai in the TRC world, it would be a fatherly Ashura and Fai.

Yup, I think I've said enough xD There's already that scroll bar thing on the side of the review box and I guess it's a sign that I'm saying too much xD I'm so happy doesn't have character limits to reviews.

As a gist to all of the things I said, I REALLY enjoyed this chapters (despite all the angst and hurt and whatnot that normally make people depressed) and I know that the next chapters will be just as awesome, if not more. I hope you'll update soon!
magicdemi-god223 chapter 7 . 7/25/2014
I agree with Touya's words; I worry for Fai sometimes too. Can I possibly count on Touya's words as a sort fo foreshadowing? I feel like I should. Fai's sudden change from semi-depressing to cheerful is quite a bothersmoe change somehow.

And ohhhh Tomoyo's in the picture now! I get why she was introduced in the previous chapter now. I'd totally love to see how Tomoyo and Kurogane get along in this story, especially with Fuuma in the scenes to make things even more hilarious. I'm quite glad that Kamui's on the road to regaining self confidence now. It's still quite a change to think of him as being androgynous but, I guess, given enough time, the thought will sink in.

I simply /cannot/ wait for the next chapter now. I'm hoping it'll be as amazing as this one is :)
Juan Pujol Garcia chapter 7 . 7/23/2014
Yay! Tomoyo has appeared! I've been waiting for her arrival It's nice to see that things are getting better for Kamui.
Letisaef chapter 6 . 7/18/2014
Sorry, I touched the post review button without meaning to... Damn iPad...
Anyway, I'm at a loss here, because I can't see what are you going to do with those two... Seriously.
And... Tomoyoooooo! I was waiting for this so badly, too! And It's great that you're making Fai and not Kurogane the one that met her, it's a really nice change! Oh, Sakura, you're so going to have fun...
Well, baby, I have to go, but I'll come back for more, I swear! Lots of loooove!
Letisafe chapter 6 . 7/18/2014
Wowwwww! First thing first, thank you so much for the fast updating, yayyyyyy! I loved this chapter so so much, we finally get kurofai dating, ohhh yessss! It was so exciting to imagine kurogane's voice white singing, I want to listen to it too, Fai you lucky bastard lol! and then, the confessing was cute as hell, hahahaha, I still can't believe it happenned, I really thought their beginning would be kind of accidental, like a furious kiss, a confrontation against a wall, or a "I'm blissfully drunk so I'm gonna flirt and glomp and see what happens"-Fai, or that sort of thing. But the sweet way is always welcome, of course! I also loved knowing more about Fai's past, and the interaction between Fuuma and Kamui... oh, Kamuiiiii, in the end you wanted that pink apron, didn't you? Ahaha
JuanPujolGarcia chapter 6 . 7/17/2014
I am now very tempted to find out how to make congratulatory jello myself. It's nice to see that at least someone's making progress on their issues.
magicdemi-god223 chapter 6 . 7/16/2014
"Making congratulatory jello. Actually just making jello." oh my gosh xDDD This got me laughing for a complete 3 minutes. And to think Fuuma was quite depressing in the first part of the chapter. The part with Fai and the bar and Kurogane was just so effing cute I could not contain the feels. If you had seen me, I was squealing like some deranged fangirl, recently broken out of the mental institution. xD Sometimes, fangirling scares even myself.

AND THE DATE. DUDE. How cute and incredibly adorable can KuroFai get? :(((( They're so cute I'm crying because CLAMP /still/ has not made them canon (even though they do act like a married couple in the ending of the manga). That amazingly amusing first date between Kurogane and Fai makes me wonder if I'll be like that too xD I do so hope not xD

Anyway, this has been, like with the previous chapters, an ingenious work of art. I'm hoping to be able to read more soon.
letisafe chapter 5 . 7/14/2014
ohhhh, yessss! thank youuuuu! I loved ALL of it, Touya's dad, Kurogane's tears, Sakura - ohmygod Sakura's AWESOME -, Subaru's gratefulness and embarrassments lol, Kamui falling in Fuuma's arms, Fuuma's just PERFECT, Touya wanting to punch that bitch of a woman, Yuki's sooo sweet, wow Fujitaka! this new guy rocks!, and Faiiiii, poor Fai, what the hell are you doing babyyyy?! Just quiiiit before it's too late! Ask Kurogane for help, you idiot! In short: MOOORE, PLEAAAASE! big hugs!
Juan Pujol Garcia chapter 5 . 7/13/2014
I was really thrilled to see this update. I'm looking forward to what comes next
magicdemi-god223 chapter 5 . 7/11/2014
I simply find it heartwarming to see that Kurogane treats Fujitaka as his father. The new character you've introduced, Fujimoto... I find him quite interesting. I hope he'll have more appearances in the next chapters. Ditto with Takashi. Maybe this time, Subaru will find someone who isn't quite as creepy as Seishiro. The video was quite a nice touch too. I know some bands/groups who were well known create vblogs so kudos for applying the same thing for Paper Cranes :)))

I really am quite glad you've updated and I hope to be able to read more soon.
DreamsWhenAwake chapter 4 . 4/17/2013
I really liked it. This beginning seems to have a lot if potential to be awesome. But that being said, are you ever gonna update this...?
A Brilliant Loser chapter 4 . 3/7/2013
Well, went over to DW to read the sexy bits but I'm a FFN user so my review is going to be here. And jesus christ, this was great. I really like how you've worked the various dynamics of the characters even though it's an AU and a mashup. Subaru's backstory is ridiculously heartwrenching, and made even worse because he knows the past that Kamui has pretty much suppressed ;3; Sobs and feels everywhere.

Kamui wanting to be a wife when he grows up... Totally canon.