Reviews for For The World Is Hollow
DiaryQueen chapter 1 . 6/24
Well done! I wish Smith would have stayed with Natira, however. ;)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
Nicely Done
Darrkstarr chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
It's good that you used the season two and beyond Smith. The season one Smith was far too evil for this story to work. My one gripe, and it's a small one, is that you had Smith referring to the Robot as "ninny" all the time. You need to mix it up a little. He did have other derogatory names for the Robot.

The Squire of Gathos is one of my least favorite Star Trek episodes, so I'm not, really, looking forward to that one. Shore Leave should be fun, though. Another episode that should be fun is The Trouble with Tribbles. Changeling would be interesting, as well.

Your writing is tight and the characterizations are true to the series, even in a story emulating the characters from Star Trek. Keep up the great work. I'll be following you, so don't let me down. You WILL hear from me, again. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
HowlynMad chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Nice to see you're back writing, Dr Smith. I'll continue to follow your works.
Dr. Zachary Smith chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Oh, I agree with you that Smith is not as heroic and selfless as McCoy. In this story, I don't think he has to be. McCoy wanted to stay with Natira for selfish reasons, which I don't begrudge him. He was dying. I think we can agree that Smith is a whole lot more selfish than McCoy, so he'd certainly take the same actions in staying with her. Furthermore, McCoy wouldn't care one whit about ruling a planet with her, but, boy howdy, Smith would! That totally appeals to his desire for power and his penchant for avarice. As far as getting his friends off the hook, again, selfish reasons. Smith does have a conscience, even if you have to dig deep for it sometimes. Knowing they had died certainly would put a damper on his happiness. They're the only family he has and after several years with them, he's grown a bit fond of them even if he doesn't always show it. As for calling to tell his friends how to save the ship, again, selfish reasons. He doesn't want his already short lifespan cut in half, nor does he want Natira killed. Besides, with his ego, he'd love to boast how he was instrumental in saving billions of lives.

I'm just doing these re-writes for my own fun and I thought other fans of the two shows might get a little kick out of them. Next up, Smith makes mischief with the Squire of Gothos. Then, perhaps the J2 crew takes a little Shore Leave. If you don't enjoy a LIS/ST mash-up, you don't have to read them.
Larkin Lee chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Well, you asked...Although you are a very good writer and you have a way of drawing out sympathy for Dr. Smith's character, Dr. Smith is not Dr. McCoy far from it! What makes Dr. Smith so enjoyable is his un-hero-ness, whereas Dr. McCoy is humbly, selflessly heroic. "Hollow" was a special love story designed to fit Dr. McCoy's unique history. I'd rather see you do more of your excellent LIS stories based on the LIS premise, not ST.