Reviews for Small Beginnings
waterytart chapter 17 . 7/3
Sorry for the backwards reviews, can't post more than 1 for each chapter, ANYWAYS, just reading the Prometheus wiki and the David in the movie is David 8 so my made up ending can't have been where you were going with this!

Double edged sword, now I really want to know how you were/are going to end this.
waterytart chapter 18 . 7/3
I've come back to reread this and I'm glad I did. As far as (abandoned?) WIPs go this is the most satisfying.

I can see an ending for this which I fervently hope one day will be written, even if my imagination is way off, but if this is abandoned, I'm happy it was there.

Love this to bits, I'm sure I'll be back for future readings as well.
Reader chapter 19 . 1/28
David's doing very well.
LittleFishGirl1103 chapter 19 . 11/18/2014
This story was EXCELLENT. I honestly was expecting to abandon it within at least a few chapters. A pet peeve of mine with writing is seeing people write the characters out of character. I know keeping them in character can be difficult to do, but you made it look easy. You did such a great job keeping everyone in character - that's something I really look for in a story, and even though it was AU, it just fit in with the whole fandom. Bravo! Would you consider writing another for this fandom? I've been so thirsty for a good story and this was just that. It was not just a fanfiction, but truly a work in its own right.

I read the whole story in one sitting. It was that good.

I think I love you.
The-Mighty-Third-Draft chapter 19 . 10/30/2014
I almost feel guilty for not reviewing every single chapter - this definitely deserved it. I admit I was kept up till the wee hours of the morning by this story. It was masterful. I rarely find character detail like this. The growth of their relationship over so many years really made a captivating read. Watching her lose each David while denying her feelings was raw and heartbreaking, epecially in the light of her obvious, chronic loneliness.

I was left wondering how many of those David's had a soul and a secret life, how many feared death but never spoke up. It's nice to see your Meredith has an inner self, a woman who isn't so jaded. It makes her human, without it the story wouldn't run so well. She almost grieved for David 7 which was touching and so sad. I had a job shaking this story when I was done reading, it really took me along for the ride. When he managed to recover his memories from the other models I was silently cheering him on!

I really hope you'll continue. Though I can't see where you might go, I feel this story definitely deserves more. I'd like to see what happens to their relationship now they recognise their feelings. Thank you for such a wonderful read!
The Bride of Bronn chapter 19 . 7/21/2014
A really amazing Meredith/David story! I ship David with Elizabeth more because they have a lighter relationship (and I just get good vibes from them in general) but my god I also acknowledge the tension between Meredith and Davis in the movie which I read to have something to do with the past (her childhood, considering her father created David and she therefore has a relationship with him that could have been familial; he could have been raised beside her like a surrogate brother). I'm happy that a fanfic explored that angle and then developed that in these scintillating 19 chapters. Totally worth the build-up for this latest one. I love how Meredith is characterized here the most. I know she's quite difficult to like especially the way Theron portrayed her but I think she's just misunderstood and has hidden depths of anger and pain due to the way her father dismissed and neglected her over the years and possibly in favor of David so there is sibling jealousy and rivalry on her part-but a sexually-infused romantic angle is possible and I'm pleased your fanfic went there :D I hope this isn't the end though! :D
beachchick3 chapter 19 . 6/11/2014
Ohhhhhh ggeeeeeezzzz lord! Wow my mind Ismy blown... Maybe that was my ovaries!
Laurie Jupiter chapter 19 . 5/28/2014
I can honestly say that this is the best Meredith/David8 fanfic out here in the Prometheus archive right now. So much history, pain, betrayal, jealousy - you have written such a complex and interesting dynamic between Vickers and David 8 that makes me ship them so hardcore now. I don't know if you're still continuing this fic, but I would definitely be grateful to read more. :)
MonDieu666 chapter 19 . 10/7/2013
I just love this story. This is the second time I've read it and it still just gives me chills. It's so beautiful and complex. I still have hope that you'll come back and finish it.
waterytart chapter 19 . 7/15/2013
Sorry for not reviewing each chapter but I hate breaking up the flow of reading so I'm going to refer to things in past chapters.

"I have known you all my life, Meredith," he reveals to her, "And I believe I have also, unknowingly, loved you."

What a glorious line, it was all leading up to it but when I read it, it literally took my breath away. Gorgeous.

There were a few grammatical issues here and there, more so in the beginning I think, I don't remember seeing one for ages, but there was a stage you referred to someone having lived centuries when I think you meant decades for example, unless I'm missing something. Everything was just so well written and plotted, it definitely didn't stop me from soaking up every word though.

It's too bad there isn't more fic of this pairing, the few I've read so far have been the best examples of fan fiction I've read in a while.

Hope there's more to come, and soon, loved it to bits! But I am a bit apprehensive about the future if you're sticking to canon...
Dean chapter 19 . 5/12/2013
I'm done. I'm done reading everything. Oh my God. Wow. You left me speechless. Finally. Finally! A real kiss. A real affection. You are good.

I love how you ended the chapter by saying, "... finding his sensors incapable of separating the individual impulses anymore. He simply smiles at this." I was imagining David smiles, it must be a pretty good sight ;)

Please pretty please continue this story. It has been an amazing ride reading it. And I am grateful that you shared 19 chapters already. But I'm not ready for it to end. So please keep writing it and I love you forever ;))))
Dean chapter 18 . 5/12/2013
One more chapter to go, and I must say, I am a bit scared to know the rest. Great great great chapter. The revelation of David's affection is beautiful: "I do love you, Meredith," he says. "And I do hope you won't condemn me for it." I love it. I am in love with your David and Meredith.

Keep writing ;))
Dean chapter 15 . 5/6/2013
Finished chapter 15, and wow. I mean wow. I assumed what David feels is jealousy. And I also assumed he is not programmed to feel it. But you captured this intense sparks happened between David Meredith so captivating that I keep losing my precious sleep hours for 2 nights already.

I already near the end of your last updated chapter. So I will probably read the fic more slowly. Oh God, I hope you keep continue this story cause this is great. No scratch that. This is amazing.
XxsopoxX chapter 19 . 5/5/2013
Wonderful story, please update soon! I can't wait for new chapters:)))
Dean chapter 11 . 5/5/2013
I just finished reading chapter 1 to 11, and I know I should have say something. And really, this story is amazing. There are a lot emotions going on here and I can feel them. You wrote such beautiful lines in every chapter.

I can clearly pictured David and Meredith based on your character developments and I must say I come to like your David Meredith characters so much that I feel really sad when you put off David 7. Chapter 11 is so beautiful and heartbreaking. And I really love how you wrote their goodbyes.

So anw thanks for making my day! I already bookmark you and definitely will continue reading your fic ;))