Reviews for Just The Dead Are Unsaveable
JaneDoh0 chapter 5 . 10/9/2013
Interesting beginning. I am a sucker for Severus-angst. I can't really see him plotting with Narcissa, though (other than to save Draco). I am curious to see how Abraxas fits into things...
Dementors hate chocolate chapter 5 . 5/15/2013
Poor Severus! He had to injure himself just so he wouldn't be suspected as a spy. I'm curious to see who that was talking with Narcissa..I thought it was Voldemort at first, but she wouldn't call him a moron, so..can't wait to see who it is.
Wanter-of-Self chapter 5 . 5/10/2013
Hehehe, this was lovely. I am extremely curious as to who that man was in Narcissa's room, she obviously knows him... and she called him a thing... I doubt that it's Voldemort - it didn't sound like him... so who is it!?
It was a great chapter! I liked it a lot!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/8/2013
This is an interesting story so far, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of planning by anybody just yet. Looking forward to seeing the pawns start comparing notes and making their own plans.
Wanter-of-Self chapter 4 . 4/12/2013
This was a very interesting chapter, and I liked it a lot! I wonder what will happen to our dear Sev when he is found by the Death Eaters? I'm excited to see what happens next!

And a whole chapter dedicated to me? Thank you!
Dementors hate chocolate chapter 4 . 4/1/2013
Did I miss something? Was there a missing scene where Severus got injured?
Guest chapter 2 . 3/11/2013
One the one hand, I want to applaud you for a very good and well written story. You have some mistakes and typos, but nothing a good proofread wouldn't catch.
On the other hand, I want to be angry at you for destroying books, but it is just fiction after all. But, i do have to ask, even if the book itself is destroyed, is there nothing that can be done to at least salvage the knowledge from the book?
BlueWater5 chapter 4 . 3/11/2013
I think I missed something - since Severus is in the room, why is he concerned the Dark Lord will get through the wards? Isn't he where he was expected to be?
InkAndPens394 chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Very lovely! Wonderful job, I am highly intrigued.
Dementors hate chocolate chapter 3 . 1/11/2013
Aww, I feel so bad for Severus!
Wanter-of-Self chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
It definitely was an interesting chapter, and very enjoyable to read! I thought it was interesting when Poppy and Minerva had Severus help them with Katie. Update soon please!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEVERUS!
FRC Coazze chapter 2 . 12/13/2012
That's interesting! (Yes, I'm reviewing at last. Forgive me, too many things to do these past two months :) )
Poor Narcissa. It is certainly not easy for someone like her having to deal with such scum alone.
And Severus, books are his only friends and he's right: there's no friend more loyal than a book. I can imagine the pain he felt watching them burn... Those two morons! Why the library?! Not to say that Narcissa is much smarter: just because some books are partially burned they should be thrown away? Luckily, Severus thinks like me. A book is always a book and always has something interesting to tell.
The image of the man fighting the two dragons is extremely iconic. I'm afraid it's now stuck in my mind.

Anyway... I think it's good written, although you know I'm not a native English speaker. I think I saw some errors in the first chapter concerning the construction of a few sentences. They sound a little muddle. I do not know what your native language is, but I think you have translated those sentences literally... I mean: you wrote them thinking in your language. Am I right? They do not seem English (I think someone already told you this in the previews review). You should put yourself in the view of thinking directly in English, or asking yourself in what way an Englishman would write that sentence. I speak from experience, although I still do such errors :D
Do you first write in your language and then translate (as I do) or do you write directly in English? Just a curiosity.

Update soon 'cause I want to know what Severus will find out!
misundersnape chapter 2 . 11/10/2012
Books were his friends... awww, poor Sev.

And the plot thickens... those certainly were interesting tomes, and what knowledge can Severus gleen from them. Foolish woman, Narcissa - just because they are a little burnt, does not mean they are not valuable! I wonder whether Lucius (the true Malfoy) might disagree with her about his family's historical library. Books, it's not what they look like, it's what gold and mystery they might contain!

Whatever Sev might find within the books, I hope he has the inner strength to use the knowledge wisely - especially in the light that you describe a struggle of sorts in your summary of this fic.

Nice first couple of chapters... looking foward to more. I did tell you I'd have a read of this, sorry it's taken me so long to get to it :D.
misundersnape...
misundersnape chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Ooh, good start. A few typo errors, but I knew what you meant.

I thought Narcissa was taking Sev to bed for a minute there... whoohoo! Alas, just a chat hahaha.
Everyone is very disheartened and bitter... very volatile conditions. Its hard to say who will revolt, and who will just tread on the others to get themselves in better standing to escape the constant punishment. Tread carefully Sev...

Good job, looking forward to where you end up taking this.
misundersnape...
KnitFreak chapter 2 . 11/4/2012
Alright your context is good, grammar not so much, (but people have stated this). The only thing that makes it a little difficult to read is that it doesn't have many articles aka: noun markers, (second chapter is better). So my only real advice is that a, an, and the are your friends.