Reviews for Passageways
The Engulfing Silence chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
An interesting chapter. I actually liked the details of Dumbledore's past. It gives us more insight into why he thinks the way he does and makes him actually seem more like a misguided human than an evil megalomaniac like most stories portray him to be.
emarald777 chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Great chapter. Fascinating. Plot is thickening with each chapter. But Dumbledore's role is a bit confusing. Voldemort and purist want muggleborns out of the world because they are corrupting their heritage. Dumbledore knows that magical world won't survive without the influx, so does ministry. Rest of their ideas are same. Both Dumbledore and Voldemort want muggles under control. All Dumbledore has to do is present his idea of kidnapping magical children at their birth, to Voldemort and two factions will be united. Only problem will be if Dumbledore also wants to rule.
RebeccaRoy chapter 3 . 5/29/2013
Wow, Dumbledore is very, very evil here and sad thing is, he does not even realize it. He has become the thing he fights and Harry suffers for it.
Lord worth chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
good chapter but i had thought that harry will attend hogwarts as some transfer student :(
lordamnesia chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
This story continues to be your best to date! I love how intricate you are getting, not just Voldie and his DE's, but the whole political and ancient houses angle! Keep up the fantastic work!
FrozenSpectre chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
This was surprisingly fast update, but it was just a good thing as it was excellent.

Dorea is real badass and you obviously shouldn't threaten her family if your life is dear for you. All in all, I would say that this whole "interrogation" scene made sense for her character, so no harm done.

Though if there is one thing that somewhat bothers me in this chapter, it's the fact that Harry is going to join in those old rituals. I just really hope that you won't suddenly make Harry all super powered, because of these rituals. Sure, if these rituals would help him to understand and/or assimilate his own 'Eveningshade' history/rituals, then no harm done. Quite contrary, I think that this whole "turning into shadow/invisible during fight" is something that requires some sort of blood ritual/rite, so Harry learning about them through this way would make sense.

So, I just hope that in these meetings Harry would learn to use and assimilate his own house ways and not suddenly learn everything from others too. Though I guess I will see how it goes in future chapters.

Another thing interesting this is that Harry/Bella plans to start to train Lily. That's going to be interesting and I have to wonder how that might affect to Lily/James pairing in the future (well, if it even happens at all). Also I can't help but wonder if anyone else is going to learn the connection between "Evans" and "Eveningshade" as if they does, then it's going cause some issues later on.

Also I have to agree with you on what you said on your AN. There are so many HP stories out there that's nearly impossible to avoid using something that can be considered as clich├ęs. Then again, if you wouldn't use some of these well used ideas (like evil/manipulative Dumbledore) then it would be harder to actually make some stories. Of course you could invent you own OC antagonist for your story, but even then it would get complaints as people doesn't generally like OC's.

So, really, using some well recycled ideas is not really a bad thing and it certainly hadn't affected to this story in harming way. Quite contrary.

Anyway, hopefully there would be another update soon.
FrozenSpectre chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
First of some general views about whole story so far.

I must say that this is one of the best written fanfictions that I have read here. It has had really interesting plot, which just seems to get more interesting by every new chapter. Also this whole RoR being used as catalyst for Time-travelling is something that I haven't yet seen, which makes it unique and good. Of course this whole idea using RoR for time-trevel seems quite weird idea at first, but you did manage to make rational idea of how it could work as it does in this story. Also you get huge plus from having Hogwarts alive with some more or less human sided physical form as I like those stories.

Also main pairing in this story is just magnificent. I have always found the idea of Harry/Bellatrix intriguing. But what makes it so good here is the way you have written it. Sure, they did got together quite fast, maybe even a little too fast. But then again, the way how their feelings developed and how they got together was still believable, so it doesn't really matter that it happened quite fast.

And last general point is that I really have to thank you for chapter 3, because without that chapter I would have probably stopped reading this story altogether. It was just first chapter was so full of "beat harry down" that it was ridiculous. However, thanks to chapter 3 you got explanation for question like "why other teachers didn't help harry?" or "why everyone seems to hate harry?" and "what's with your Dumbledore?"

So, in away I can stay that chapter 3 did save this story for me. And it had just got better and more intriguing after that.
Lord Inquisitor Kriss chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Fantastic so far
randver chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
"I read stories for their entertainment value, I don't try to pick apart and criticizes every paragraph or condemn it if it doesn't fit in exactly with canonical timelines."
Same here. I like a great story and I consider your efforts to be a great story. For example just when I thought you couldn't make Dorea any better; you did! I loved her response to the killers of her friend. It wasn't cruel in the way Voldi would be it was simply efficient and effective. The old adage about never pissing off a medical professional because they know the best ways to take you apart has been proven true yet again.
My next bit of praise is the way your keeping the romance between Harry and Bella ever present but not going into the realm of soft-core romance novels type description. The love shines through with a healthy dose of lust, cause lets face it they are 15, but the balance is very well maintained.

I can't wait to see what you do with Aunt Cassi, I think she's going to be a fun character to read about. The return to Hogwarts will be very interesting. I'm sure the return of nobodies favorites the Lestrange brothers as well as that poor Rosier girl( battered wife much) will be very entertaining to read. I like the fact that you don't marginalize the contributions of the heads of the houses( Orion, Arcturus, etc) or their contribution in the political world. It may not be as fun as imagining Bella doing a matrix style knee slide under a killing curse and then the piercing hex through the heart BUT if left unchecked idiots like dumbles or the next Malfoy wannabe would make it impossible to live free or otherwise. So I applaud the multi layered elements that your using in your story and still be able to keep them as cohesive as you have been. I'm no author nor do I have any aspirations to ever be one I just know what I like to read and I like to read your story. Please keep up the excellent work, I look forward to longer chapters and more updates.
FateBurn chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Good chapter please continue again soon cant wait for the next one.
riffin121294 chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
I really think that you are one of the most amazing writers in ff. You basically wrote new hp novel. Almost everything is au and it didnt destroy the sense if harry potter in it. I think your imagination is very top notch to produce this story. Really great story.
BARON2462 chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Great chapter as always the story seems to be moving along nicely. Glad to see you are going to include lily in the training also I was afraid she might fade into the background. I like how you portrayed Dorea in this chapter as someone who would do anything to protect her family nicely done.
dennisud chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Wouldn't the Lovegoods be Fringe or something close to add Luna's Mom to this as well!
Your always in good stead with a Lovegood in your corner!

dennisud
Passagewaysfan chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Great story! Only thing I ask please is do not let characters such as Dorea die, get hurt okay though prefer not to as many stories kill off mentors as soon as they can b/c of how difficult it is to allow the protagonist to grow w/ mentor w/out a revenge trigger but Harry already has a revenge motive.
Akuma-Heika chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
It would be fuuny if Albus learns the true power of the muggles. He spoke of WWI but not II. Does he know the muggles are in a Cold War with weapons that can destroy the world a 1000 times over?

I hope that everyone's opinion of Dorea has not been soured.
Improved if anything.