Reviews for Passageways
Anomoly42 chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
I like the portrayal of the family members with differing view points. I think it brings a nice realism to the chapter as anyone who has extended family will know that personalities can range extensively.

I do think though that the muggle born idea could have been explained more extensively from the "what's in it for us?" angle. If house Black takes these muggle burns covertly under their wing and educates them on not just their heritage but what they need to know to function in pure blood society it places the House of Black as their primary and most cherished political contact in the wizarding world. You can't buy that kind of loyalty.

I think what I am saying is that you covered these topics but Arcturus could have layed it out a bit more clearly for walburgia as she is a bit stubborn in her beliefs.

Other than that another excellent chapter. Looking forward to the next one.
Ronin Kenshin chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
wow totally awsome chapter harrys totally cool can't wait for more great work
Othinus chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Heh. You were right when you said it's a right place to stop.
And yes, it is quite short. BUT, you write very good chapters.

About the Black Family meeting... well I can't think of much. Aside from his perfect demeanour Harry presented himself with. Then there is Welburga and I'm wondering if you will ever introduce her to her painting.
Orion? You did go a bit easy on him. But then again, you made Harry a forgiving person (among family at least).
QSK chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Only one thing to say about this story: More Please!
maverickiceman chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Too easy on Orion, I want more Wally and Orion bashing! Wally continues to support Voldy and gets thrown out, Lily's big reveal! Marauders get close to Harry, Wormy gets his ass kicked as Does Sev, I hates them, hates them both. OOoh also bye-bye Ole Dumby. What abt the Malfoys? I wanna see the Lucy confrontation.
Lord Nightfyre chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
This isn't a review, more of a thank you for my fix. The shakes are taking care for the time being. Every time I get notified that a new chapter is posted, can wait to read it. Be it fluff, fuller, or action like this last chapter. Don't make me wait to long.

You loyal addicted.
Penny is wise chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Awesome chapter. While I do believe it makes sense that some muggleborns are born from squib ancestors but some muggleborns would be truly muggleborn magic needed to start somewhere. Technically all the Pureblood lines must start at a muggleborn lol.
red chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
you are the first person to do this almmost know on this sight seems to know the truth about the muggleborns im dispointed jk never did any thing with it i mean that is a great plot device the fact that their are no muggle borns at all while she did confirm it she never did any thing with it in the books
bittatatat chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Good chapter, but there was something missing in my opinion and that's to ensure that Walburga will follow her family's decision. I can't help it but think she will somehow betray them, but I'd rather like to see how far she would be willing to go to help her family. There could have been more talking at dinner -I expected all of them to throw some arguments about muggleborns and Voldy's movements, but it looked like only few Blacks dared to speak at all. It wasn't bad though. I guess the next chapter will be about family bonding.
I also wonder if it was such a good idea to let them declare allegiance so soon. I mean, some of them just met. It would feel better if they just ate dinner, talked vaguely about politics and that's it. The next few days could have been spent on getting to know each other, learning about agendas, exchanging arguments, et cetera. If they created an alliance after all that, I think, it would has a much better feel to it. I mean that way those few days would have a higher purpose. I try to also think about Arcturus' position -if Harry appeared to be weak, some of the Black family members could rebel and try to f.e. poison the Black ruler.
You chose a different approach so it remains to be seen how it will play out. In the worst case they all will regret their rash decisions (alliance between strangers). I like the idea with Lily as a member of the Eveningshade family, the Black sisters were also really natural in this chapter. Lord Potter and Sirius could have been more active -some input/thought and a prank respectively.
I once again forgot who is who, but some thoughts of Bella's mother would be welcome -it could create the picture of Blacks caring for each other.
Overall it was another interesting chapter, but I imagined it a little differently. I hope my POV will inspire you somehow. Have a great weekend too :)
Kenka chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
you have some very original ideas I salute you. As for Orion, no I think the situation was handled excellently, Arcturus is his father after all so that's got to count for something, plus killing him when Harry spared him would set a bad example to his guest, he does have his duty as a host, and as the head representative of the Noble House of Black.
robert32514 chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
It has begun.
Starfox5 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
Good chapter. That "muggleborns" are simply the offspring of a squib-founded "line" is logical, and any blood purist should have a hard time looking down on muggle born that way, if they truly valued blood lines.
Ragnar92 chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
Married at 11 did she! My oh my, how the cookie crumbles!
Sedure.Maikeru chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
I really liked the chapter, I felt it had a great pace to it. The dynamics of the Black family is shown here and the conversation was done well. I like this chapter, you don't need to show Harry's power every chapter and this was a nice reprieve from all the magic used. Honestly I think this was the first chapter ever I've read where only one time was a wand raised and that was Harry at the end to form Tom Riddle Amalgam. Good job and looking forward to the next chapter.
ChimericSoul chapter 19 . 3/29/2013
I liked it. It seems Walburga and Orion have a tough and bitter pill to swallow. Although, I wonder why Harry didn't mention coming across Lily.
4,994 | « Prev Page 1 .. 197 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 217 .. Last Next »