Reviews for Corinthians
Miss mia chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
O Lembas Sev-e-e-n Where are yoooou? Please don 't leave all us crazy fans hanging! I know you probably feel you've created a monster with all of us pestering you to pieces, and you probably have- the dangers of possessing talent like yours! But please know we all enjoy your stories so much- so throw us a bone now and then, ok? Muchos gracias!
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Oh, we all hope so, too, Lucy. We all hope so.

Great fic. I love it!
OldFashionedGirl95 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Oh, that's heartbreaking, in one way so familiar and in another so fresh. So many fics deal with Susan's falling away, but this is different. I love ECverse. :-D
Meneldur chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Wow. Just... wow. This was an incredibly powerful and moving piece. What's interesting is that it doesn't give any new revelations about anything - we all know this is what each of the characters thought and how they would have reacted. There's nothing truly surprising about this story. But, somehow, despite it being exactly as expected, it manages to convey the greatest problem the Pevensies (and most especially Susan) have in such powerful terms and moving tones, I'm left stunned by its perfection and preciseness.

So, on the story I can't say much more, beyond thank you for such perfection. But the issue behind the story requires lots of thought. I'll try to articulate a few of mine:
On the one hand, I'm a realist, and I understand (and partly) with Susan's reaction and what she I'm religious, so I believe, but I can't possibly compare myself to Susan. I've had it really easy. I was born to a religious family, in a religious community, in a semi-religious country. It's all so easy for me, it's a fact of life. For Susan, it's not. She lives in the real world, but with the knowledge that there was another world. Another world she can never return to. So her reaction is to cut it off completely. She can't deny her memories of it, especially with three other people to remind her, so she has to rewrite them into a believable narrative, from which she cannot divert, no matter what. But then, this world interferes with her reality. She's irrevocably changed, but there's nothing she can do about it, because she can NEVER RETURN. She can't even know who or where to look for answers. As such, she feels she has to ground herself more and more into reality, looking for the answers there. And to do this, she has to even stay apart from her siblings, because they do believe. And deep down, she knows it's the truth. But it breaks down her reality every time, and she can't afford that, so she has to leave.

I just don't know. I have great empathy for Susan's struggle, and while I ultimately disagree with her path, I can't judge her for choosing it; I've never been in a remotely similar situation. I think the answer lies in the conclusion, what we know will happen. Susan was hurt horribly by Narnia; she cut herself off, because she couldn't bear it. But she is slowly regaining her faith, realizing that much like love, the benefits outweigh the burden. And in the end, I think it is good she is so; it is her personality, of course, and no one would wish to change that. But I furthermore think it's good for the Pevensies in general to have a hardheaded realist with them, who while sustained by faith, can also see reality clearly and realizes they are living in it, and must deal with it. And that is why she is a Ravenclaw, I suppose.

I love her, and always have; she is truly one of my favorite characters, if not the favorite, because I can truly empathize with her struggle. I hope you continue to show us her struggle and regaining of faith, and her development. Until then, Meneldur.

PS posting this in a comment on your LJ as well, for posterity and ease of reply.
Saffygirl chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Cool fic!
Can't wait for more from the EC verse!