Reviews for You Look Better In Pearls
Michael chapter 3 . 8/1
Dude, you're a great writer TBH, and everything was almost perfect until you put Joker and going back to Gotham thing. You totally dropped the ball there. It turned into a typical amateur fanfic thereafter, no offence. You should've kept Batman dead and make Blake Nightwing from the start itself.
I love your stories,batman and catwoman's band isn't tiring or clichéd.I love the fact that you show catwoman for being the strong and strategic woman I know her not some pliant girl that gives into batman every time They meet.
Camy.MD chapter 25 . 3/21
I can't remember how many times I've read this story but I still love it as much as I did the first time.

Kisses, Cami
Twinnie chapter 25 . 1/29
This is a truly enjoyable story. A good plot, and just the right mix of adventure and romance lots of fun to read
The characters grow as their relationship does, too, and it's interesting to see the parallel between their respective personal development, and how at the same time their attraction turns into love. The sex scenes are hot and just perfect - again, how they grow from having hot sex to hot love making is nice to read about, and the girlish part of me found this very satisfying.

The epilogue, however, is a bit over the top - the fact that Selina accepted the idea that she was in love and that if they were to have a child, it wouldn't be such a disaster was quite enough IMHO. Having her say the L- word get pregnant and happy about it go on to live on a private island give the kid their dead parents' names... Too much. Suggesting this would have been much more powerful - you could have stopped developping that part of the story after she realised they hadn't used contraception in the batcave, and then written an epilogue a few years later, with the kid(s) alive and kicking (ass)...

Anyway, this is a truly good story; thank you for sharing it!
Nguyen Nguyen chapter 14 . 12/4/2014
At last, there's a good lemon scene. This is almost the typical rough sex scene. Ropes, struggle, bleeding, emotionless. I'd expect some clown's toys next time. If there still is a next time. Now, I must march on and finish this story before Batman returns.
Nguyen Nguyen chapter 13 . 12/3/2014
Good one. This story best fits my expectations about what a BatmanxCatwoman fic would be. Up until chapter 12, nicely done, girl.
dahyetil chapter 7 . 9/15/2014
probably the best catwoman x batman fic out there. I enjoyed every single chapter! good job!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 25 . 5/4/2014
The start was a simple but effective look at just how Bruce and Selina came back together, and the subsequent plot has been fascinating reading, to say the least.
Your exploration of Bruce and Selina’s relationship is very well-handled, tackling their differences and exploring what makes them work despite their different perspectives and beliefs in a very effective manner, as well as exploring Selina’s issues for holding back in the relationship in particular (Bruce has issues, but he’s making a more active effort to get over them).
However, your take on the Joker let you down, in my opinion; while his attack worked as a means of drawing Batman back, after Joker made it clear that he had no interest in learning who was underneath Batman’s mask in the film (And various comic storylines have suggested that the Joker would deliberately ignore anything that might help him put the pieces together as it would spoil his game to define Batman as anything other than Batman), the idea that he’d be so blasé about his discovery just didn’t fit.
That said, once Batman actually gets back into the game, you explore the issues he’s facing very well, his health issues proving a handicap even as he resolves to accept his responsibility to respond to the Joker’s ‘demands’ and stop his newest assault on the city, culminating in the suitably dramatic moment as he comes oh-so-close to the edge before someone else steps in (Even the Batman in the comics has been pushed that far sometimes; one notable storyline saw him nearly shoot the man who killed his parents before someone else killed the guy first).
Still, with the Joker’s final fate satisfactorily resolved and Bruce and Selina ready to move on to new lives, you generally had a good story regardless of my Joker-Batman-identity-issues; keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 19 . 3/27/2014
Damn... motor fetish
Ashton Evan chapter 25 . 11/30/2013
So... do they get married?!1
FuN FiFi chapter 25 . 9/27/2013
Wow wow and more wow! What an EPIC tale you've weaved! I almost can't believe that I just read something like this! You're gooooood! :-D

From the beginning to the end, I was hooked! Your portrayal of the Joker was chilling...I was reminded of the [great] late Heath Ledger's performance! Your inclusion of Harley Quinn as a character was much appreciated...I had always hoped to see her in the movies, and in a way, you made it happen for me! I also liked how you stayed true to [Robin] John Blake's character from TDKR...I actually wouldn't mind seeing him again in a movie, alas that probably won't happen, but once again, you fulfilled my little desire!

And let's not forget our favorite couple! You made me fall in love with Bruce and Selina all over again, not just as a pairing, but also with each individual. Both are tortured souls, and only with each other do they find the solace they need. I found solace in your writing lol

Thanks ever so much for sharing such an amazing story! I'm about to start reading the sequel to this fic, which I'm sure will be nothing less than perfect :-)

Keep up the GREAT work!
CharlieJuliet chapter 25 . 9/23/2013
Wow! This story is AMAZING! I know I'm joining this fandom late. After watching the movie again, I feel like I didn't get enough of Bruce and Selina. At first I was just interested in the pairing, but reading your story made me fall in love with them. Your story is so good I sometimes think what I'm reading is canon. Thank you for taking the time to write this and sharing it with us.
yve1 chapter 25 . 9/15/2013
Ahh! Finally finished it. Great story! This Bat/Cat fan is happy. :) I'm off to the sequel now...
yve1 chapter 1 . 9/13/2013
I wish I had found this story earlier. What I love most about it is that I can completely picture Bruce and Selina in this scene. Great job, very true to their character. So glad there are more chapters to go - must read more!
FanFicReader25 chapter 25 . 8/31/2013
Just read all this in two days. Great story with realistic drama, a scarily accurate Joker, and a not too cheesy ending. Can't wait for the sequel.