Reviews for Awake 1
agnar chapter 11 . 6/3/2014
Wow, I know to Buffy it seems like only a short time passed, but frankly this Buffy is NOT worthy of Xander's love. She's a completely thoughtless bitch.

Hey Xander, thanks for those 12 dedicated years, but I'm gonna go fuck this sleazy asshole vampire who ran away after only ONE YEAR. Then I'll just fuck off and ignore the family and promises to the family so I can act like Faith when she first got to sunnydale, drinking, slaying and slutting it up.
saj13 chapter 20 . 9/18/2013
Great story
eckles chapter 20 . 12/12/2012
From the start this story has offered me alot of happiness. And I believe people who have had the opportunity to read my many reviews can clearly see exactly how much I have enjoyed this piece. On more then one occassion this story's author and I spoke indepth with one another, by way of PM, towards the motives of each character and dissection of the inner meaning of each action. For me it has been a very enjoyable 4-months, I cannot say the same for them as I am certain on more then one instance I have probably pushed the boundaries of the writer/fan dynamic :-). But I believe that Xanderrocksthehouse has equally enjoyed the shared correspondence ...lol.

The conclusion of this ripping tale was as perfect as perfect could be for our two heroes. Happy in their coupledom and with Buffy expecting what I am certain will be the first of many Xander-type-children. The only frustration I have is that this conclusion is set two-years into the future after chapter 19. Xanderrocksthehouse has done a completly JK Rowlings ala The Deathly Hallows on us. Boo. Hiss. :-( (just joking). I for one would have dearly have loved to see, or rather read, the akwardness of our favorite duo as they both tried to make the transition of best friends to lovers. The nervousness and fear that they would exhibit as Xander started to move his things into Buffy's room at the farm. The drawn out anticipation as they both made their way to the bedroom together for the first time. Ahh well, maybe if we are all good little boys and girls, Xanderrocksthehouse, might offer us a one-shot later on (hint-hint).

Regardless, my friend, congrats on offering the public of a positive and enjoyable read. I look forward to reviewing your next venture ;-).

Wayne
BT chapter 20 . 12/10/2012
OK, I'm a sucker for the happy mushy ending too...
Muad'zin chapter 20 . 12/3/2012
The ending is a bit too cloying for my taste, but I can understand why you wrote it. Personally I don't think there is any good ending and the happy ending is probably the lesser of all worse endings. In a romance story it's all about getting the two protagonists together and once that is achieved the romance story has basically run its course and a drama story takes over. Different kind of story altogether. Personally I would have ended this story a chapter earlier, with the two of them agreeing to give it a chance and leave it at that.

Or perhaps at the wedding. With the warning speeches from her friends telling her to better make this one work or else, like eckles suggested. Of course, by actually making it this far Buffy already did way better then in all her previous relationships combined. I'm not sure the speeches would work though. If people constantly remind you that you're lucky to have found this certain person chances are it might backfire into resentment. And personally, as a red pill guy, if there's anyone in this new relationship who has the lionshare cut out for him of making it work it's Xander.

Anyhow, thanks for an entertaining story of my favorite pairing. It was an enjoyable ride while it lasted, something to look forward on monday nights. There have been other stories with the same theme, there will be more to come, but sadly this one has run its course. Adieu and good fortune on your next story!
Fayari chapter 20 . 12/3/2012
Well, can't say I didn't see this coming. Thanks for the ride, even when there were parts of it that I did not agree with. Mainly the pairing itself, but hey, like I said, this was still a great story. Looking forward to more of your stuff.
Missocki chapter 20 . 12/3/2012
Aw. Thanks for such a sweet ending/beginning. I truly have enjoyed this story and thank you for it. I look forward to future fics from you.
eckles chapter 19 . 11/27/2012
Well it looks as though you are winding down :-). I really think Buffy needs to be spoken to one more time by either Faith or Willow, alittle bit of sisterly advice. Afterall, they both have their own invested interest in Xander happiness. One, or both, need to take Buffy aside and tell her how incredibly lucky she is. And that if she does anything to blow this, or to break Xander's heart, she'll have their sympathy. But not much of it. You can only screw up a certain number of times before people just can't stand for it anymore. She now has her perfect-guy, it's time she actually *WORKED* towards making one of her romances go the distance. No more giving up, or letting the guy do all the work and making all the decisions.

I hope I hear back from you.

Wayne
steve chapter 19 . 11/26/2012
buffy should wait to be with xander. so he not her last chance
Missocki chapter 19 . 11/26/2012
Yeah! Got there! You have made a believer out of me... So good. Kinda want to see Xander's face when he sees the kitchen...
EroSlackerMicha chapter 19 . 11/26/2012
keep it up
eckles chapter 18 . 11/19/2012
It's a sad reflection that Buffy can express all her inner thoughts and feelings to a group of stranger's more then she can do to the actual person she was talking about. I'm not saying that what she said and did was wrong and that Xander shouldn't be swayed or touched. But it still leaves alot of things in the air. Most importantly their emotions towards one another. Xander has openly confessed that he loves, Buffy. But I got a real sense at the end of this chapter that he was, instead of defining his love for her, was acknowledging that he had a *duty* towards her instead. Despite Xander's sense of obligation to Buffy, there are still issues that he himself needs to address. Is it great that Buffy was able to show him that all his sacrifices and efforts over the years to keep her safe had not gone wholly unnoticed. You, betcha. But there are still other things within thier 'relationship' that need to be considered.

Personally, for Buffy to go from telling Xander: 'I miss you Xander and I want you to come back to the Farm with me' to 'I think I might be in love with you.' All within the space of 24-hours alittle unbelievable. For Xander it would be like all his Christmas's had come at once. And when they say 'When something appears to be too good to be true, then it usually is.' Xander could make the arguement that the only reason why Buffy has these feelings is because she's lonely, because prior, even though it was clear she already knew all the things he had done for her it didn't sway her at all. It was only when Spike left and she was completely alone did she re-evaluate everything.

Like Spike, I fear that Xander must come out of this being a bit of a 'bad guy' and should tell Buffy that the truth that he wants to be with her more then anything. But he doesn't want it to be a knee-jerk reaction. He should ask her to take some space. A few months, time enough where she can learn who 'Buffy' is without having a boyfriend in the equation. And if, after that time of self-discovery and self-relience, he knocks on her front door with a bag and she then invites him in. They can start fresh without any 'ghosts-of-past-relationships' intruding into their lives.

Hope to hear from you.

W
Muad'zin chapter 18 . 11/19/2012
Haven't commented in a while, but I've read every update religiously. Also, Mini Coopers are pure awesome sauce and James Bond would most definitely ride in one. Just look at The Italian Job. The original, not that godawful remake. If I could afford one I'd get one. One of the coolest cars EVER made. Not one of the most mechanically reliable though. YMMV.
Fayari chapter 18 . 11/19/2012
This is a great story.

But personally, I'm kind of rooting for them not to end up together. It's a pattern that, I've observed, occurs in BtVS quite often. Buffy "falls in love" with the bad boy and slowly and surely cuts off everyone else who loves her, always starting with Xander, the guy who loves her most in nearly every way. Then when the romance inevitably fails, she "realizes" that everyone else tries has tried to move on. So then, in order to not get left behind, she "sincerely apologizes", always last of all to Xander, and spends the next few weeks being a genuine friend to everyone.

Oh, I have no doubt that she is always definitely and genuinely sorry during those times and she does want to have everyone in her life. It's just that after a few weeks, she then finds a new bad boy and starts the cycle all over again.

If Xander was to get into a relationship with Buffy at this point, it wouldn't be healthy. I don't think Buffy's changed at all at this point in the story. Just another one of those cycles winding down.

And another thing, Buffy is a strong-willed character. It's one of the reasons that guys all over the place fall for her and girls admire her. But it's also her greatest character flaw. Even when someone or something gets through to her once in a while, she will always revert back to type. She always does what she feels is right, even when she's in fact, wrong.

She may think that being with Xander feels right, but I believe that this is one of the cases where she's wrong. She's just not good for Xander, to be honest.

This is still a great story though.
Missocki chapter 18 . 11/19/2012
Ah! C'mon you two!

I can't take it anymore!