Reviews for 3:10 to Yuma
ColMikeFuser chapter 3 . 10/8/2016
"What kind of drinker is she?", asked Perez.
"You mean what does she drink?"
"No, I mean how far along is she? Does she work? Or does she stay home and hide bottles around the house?"
-from Unknown Man Number 89, by Elmore Leonard.

Elmore "Dutch" Leonard had a keen ear for conversation and was fascinated by the subtle clues one might hear, in the speech of psychopaths, that give insight into their thought processes. Francis X Perez in Unknown Man Number 89, is one of the very best depictions of a sociopath, to be found anywhere. His Cajun partner in crime, Raymond Gidre, makes a nearly-perfect example of a co-dependent, who would follow Perez anywhere, because he identifies with Mister Perez and wishes he could be like him.

This isn't exactly a rare arrangement. Russian history tells the sad tale of Lavrentiy Berea, a Gidre-style character who cleaned up messes for Yusif Stalin...and got his position of power, precisely because he was just dumb enough about how to hold power, that Stalin knew he would never seek Stalin's job. (What made it a sad tale was that when Stalin had his last bottle of vodka and died of a brain hemorrhage, Berea was too dumb to figure out not to get in a car with his two main rivals for Stalin's job, and found himself locked in a cell on an Army base while the two rivals, Zhukov and Khrushchev, divided up the power among themselves.)

Charlie and Wade have a different relationship than Perez and Gidre. The element of challenge is definitely present. We sense it with young Sarah asking why Charlie wasn't riding for the border to fool the Marshal. It's not entirely clear here, why Charlie isn't bothering to ride to the border. It's just possible he tipped off the Marshal about where to find Wade.

That's the charm of this story. As Leonard wrote it, many details could be filled in.

Do please continue with it...let's see what happens.
ColMikeFuser chapter 4 . 9/30/2016
All Elmore Leonard stories contain one dysfunctional mother-and-child relationship.

Except for Unknown Man Number 89.

Nice job of echoing the Man!
HezaSaitou chapter 7 . 1/24/2016
I love this story. 3 Please continue. I wanna read more. Please! :)
SecondaryPsychopath chapter 7 . 9/3/2015
YES! this is awesome keep it up! would have reviewed earlier but the website was being finicky.
biankies chapter 7 . 8/23/2015
Ooh an update!
Thanks for another great chapter. Pls post again soon.
biankies chapter 6 . 7/29/2015
This story is great so far and without a doubt it will only get more interesting. Pls consider posting again.
NymphsOfOlympus chapter 6 . 4/17/2015
FANTASTIC STORY! I absolutely love your writing, which is super fluid and pleasant to read. Plus, I already had an idea to write a Wane daughter and William romance, so this is GREAT inspiration. Please, pretty please continue!
KittySalt chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
Hey, This is probably a total long shot but I'll just say that I really want more of this and if you ever find the time please use it to write and update! I want William to actually speak, it's killing me!
floydcotton chapter 6 . 1/28/2013
I really like your story! I can't wait til you update!
ConsistentlyRandom21 chapter 6 . 9/26/2012
So, I am LOVING this! Please continue it!
SummerJane'10 chapter 5 . 8/30/2012
It feels weird that im the only one reviewing but I gotta say that this story keeps getting better and better and I really hope that you keep writing it!
SummerJane'10 chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Good story so far. Update soon!