Reviews for Hogwarts Battle School
HurricaneShippu chapter 44 . 6h ago
Man, your optimism is kinda depressing... I don't remember the last time you made your projected update time. But I seriously can't wait, I honestly hope it comes sooner rather than later, keep up your awesome work :)
ArturiusRex8 chapter 20 . 12h ago
Hogwarts is supposed to be around a thousand years old, thus at the beginning the Houses would be said to have been around for a millennium.
ArturiusRex8 chapter 19 . 12h ago
Hadn't Lupin previously prompted Harry to find him in the yearbooks?
ArturiusRex8 chapter 18 . 2/26
Hermione wanted to learn Occlumency before the death of her parents.
Yitian chapter 44 . 2/22
I'd add my own little note that I'm looking forward to the next chapter where I hope to see Hermione-lioness kick Tireur-archer arse for using her as the bleeding bait!

Can't wait! :)
Still no update? Feel like i am being punished lol
Any updates?
FunnyGinger08 chapter 44 . 2/11
So, only a few complaints, all of them relatively minor and centered around how you just gave a giant middle finger to physics, and possibly chemistry.
Let's start with the Obfuscation Charm. Every time they used it, it seemed to act like a smoke screen, hiding them from any possible observation. I'm going to assume that it created smoke to cover them. If that is the case, then explain to me how a Cutting curse can create windows for Tireur to see clearly. It's smoke. Smoke doesn't work like that, it's a gas. It follows whatever direction the wind blows, You can't simply cut the smoke to ribbons.
And then the "sniper rifle" Tireur was using. Are spells bound by the laws of physics? Since he's so far away, does he have to account for elevation, wind, etc., or can he just point and shoot? If he can just point and shoot, then that means spells would have to be travelling faster than that of a bullet, meaning there's no time to block a spell at all, ever. But if he does have to account for the elements, distance, elevation, and all of that, even more than someone using an actual sniper rifle would since spells are slow enough to be dodged or deflected, then Tireur would never have been a threat.
I'm just starting to notice that you have the attitude of "Hey, it's Magic. It can do whatever it wants." Granted, JKR had that attitude as well, but unless you actually cared enough to think about it, one could blissfully ignore it. But this chapter makes it impossible for me to live in ignorance.
Great story, just a lot of really minor issues. Or just me wanting to know how your world is set up.
Starlight Chibi-chan chapter 44 . 2/10
What a clever story! The plot is so interesting, and filled with twists and turns. I love that Harry is cleverer, stronger and more driven than in canon. It fits the layers of your world very well, without making Harry OP. I also love your Hermione, though she seems a little OP (after all, preparedness can only get you so far, and canon-Hermione never struck me as being particularly agile or athletic).

I also really enjoy the "shadowy puppeteer" dialogue that closes most chapters. It sent an excited chill down my back to realize that Dumbledore had created a horcrux...(assuming it actually is Dumbledore talking to Snape. Maybe it's not, and it's Grindelwald instead! That would be a twist).

I love the way the duels and battles are written out. It's awesome to visualize, and since everyone (not just Harry and Hermione) are characterized and fleshed out as people so well, the imagery is super realistic.

Really appreciate the "projected update time" notes; never had to rely on them before since I just discovered this fic, but will definitely check back in for the next chapter.

Congrats on such a great fic, and happy writing!
A lazy reviewer chapter 41 . 2/9
Holy crap. Your story is incredibly engaging. Even the occasional errors do nothing to pull me away from the tale you've been spinning. I started your story from chapter one and almost instantly the way you describe the scenes, the characters, the emotions, everything about your writing style was compelling. Aside from your writing style, the setting itself is intriguing-the dialogues at the end of most (all?) chapters in particular grabbed my attention. I think you made an excellent decision in not attaching names to whoever's speaking as it adds to the suspense of who's in the shadows watching.

Anyways I'm putting down the review on this chapter as opposed to the final one because I came back to use google translate on what Fleur says. Assuming the translation is correct, she is saying "I do not cheat. He is a babe." which implies to me that she's either been under the imperious curse or was placed under it that night. Since Harry doesn't understand French though, I guess he just took it as her throwing him out b/c of the scars as opposed to fighting off the curse. Then your description of Harry cowering in the corner later... it made me really feel for Harry. Honestly, I'm empathizing with the characters to an extent that rarely occurs even in published novels.

You're doing one hell of a job and I can't fucking wait for the next update. Keep up the good work.
X alisunshine X chapter 22 . 2/8
Holy. Shit. I can't believe Justin did that.
feathers chapter 39 . 2/2
It's a great fic. It's been a great ride. I love Harry Potter and I love Ender's Game. I loved trying to analyze how they were different and the same through this stuff. But life happens, and I can't afford to read this fic anymore-it's too heavy and depressing. I'd like to come back sometime, but for now, thanks for the good times. You're a good writer. Ok. Bye.
feathers chapter 37 . 2/2
HOLY CADENZA. So Snape is talking to Dumbledore through his Horcrux. Wow. That was so unexpected, what with the way he's still pansying around his "monster" decisions. Also, wow, this is really showing how Harry cannot Ender. The love just isn't working right. And hoo boy, was I wrong when I thought Blaise would step up to his Leadership role and support Harry. Which I still think was Snape's intention in putting Blaise in the Leadership Track, but you're right, people don't suddenly develop a work ethic overnight. Makes me sad, though.
feathers chapter 33 . 2/2
Ooooh, so it is Dumbledore and Dumbledore is dead? So...Snape is talking to a portrait. Or, since they've gotten all the Horcruxes, he's using the Stone. Also, is the Goblet going to be the Game/Jane? Well, probably not Jane-I doubt it can develop anything sentience-wise. But it looks a bit like the Game if you squint with how it's unpredictable and chose Hermione and will force them to grow.
feathers chapter 29 . 2/1
I guess that was foreshadowing, that time in the pub when the one guy started rambling conspiracy theories about Dumbledore not being dead. I hope it's Dumbledore-it's immensely satisfying to see a realistic depiction of Snape telling it as it is to Dumbledore without losing any dignity. And wow, ok, maybe not quite Ender. Exact opposite, actually, in terms of leadership techniques. To be expected, I guess, especially without a public Bonzo to publicly stand up to and unite against/with. No respect gained or shared fights since Justin was all sneaky.
1,623 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »