Reviews for Hogwarts Battle School
Knifez chapter 52 . 9/13
Damn, what a chapter to leave us hanging on. Really enjoyed the story, though I think Blaise took a weird and violent turn for the worse. Shame, I enjoyed his character during 3rd year.
VocalAurora chapter 13 . 9/12
NGL, I'm really starting to hate the Snape in this fic.
Lord Pegel chapter 52 . 9/8
Now that's a bloody cliffhanger...
I guess Hermione does not know. She just cast protego and keeps Harry distracted and knows his way of action.
Dissenter chapter 1 . 9/5
Is this a Harry/Hermione story?
Fresh C chapter 52 . 8/30
Man, this was gutting.

Just when it seems like things were finally turning toward the better, you drop that ending on us to remind us what the real threat is.

I really enjoyed reading this story. I re-read through all 52 chapters just to remind myself what was going on. I hope you keep on writing this as you have a real talent for writing and it is a good tribute to the stories you've drawn inspiration from (Ender's Game) while still feeling like its own unique tale.

I look forward to seeing how things move into the future after this turn of events. I hope we won't have to wait until the next Friday the 13th to see the next update, but I understand if you take your time with this. It's not easy writing stories, but you're doing a good job.
Meep chapter 19 . 8/20
Blaise!? How could you :'(
Also
I loathe how manipulative snape and his accomplice are. They want to shape him to a person who can defeat Voldemort but their cold methods could easily create another dark lord. They're like a meaner more brutal version of Dumbledore :'
Foop chapter 7 . 8/20
At first I thought the dialogue between the two unnamed people was snape and mystery person, where snape was being the harsh pushy one and the other person was (who I thought could perhaps be McGonagall but I quickly decided it couldn't be) the softer one who wants Harry to have good relationships in his life. But now after this chapter I think the soft one defending Harry is snape. The crueller harsh one is mystery person who has no chill, but is the Mastermind controlling snape behind the scenes. :') sounds like Dumbledore but assuming you're trying to write everyone in character, then it can't be him.

So far loving this! Looking forward for some more frigid Harry and Hermione interactions LOL. They gonna be the best of pals I can already tell
InfernoItaliano chapter 52 . 8/16
I'm not sure if I was reading the previous chapter right, but did Tracy kiss Harry on the lips? There was no complaints from Harry at that time. I don't understand why he pushes Tracy away.
Blackknife chapter 52 . 8/8
I enjoy reading this story a great deal. It’s so imaginative and different. You have twists and turns that no one else has thought of. It’s an extremely good read.

That being said, you should stop putting a projected update time at the end. If you only missed it by a few days or a week, that would be fine. But you miss it by months, which makes it pointless.

Again, great story.
ObsessivelyObsessiveObsession chapter 3 . 8/6
The problem with stories that contain realistic progression, like this one, is that it is completely impossible for Harry to grow anywhere close to the power needed to defeat Voldemort. Yes, Harry is the 1st/2nd best duelist in his year. He's talented. He's an exceptional wizard. It's not even close to enough.

Voldemort can overpower multiple top-level duelists in a duel, at a time. Even if Harry trains until his seventh year under the extreme conditions of Snape's Battle School, he'll at most be a match for the Inner Circle of Death Eaters, and even getting to that level would be a stretch. For Harry to match the likes of Voldemort and Dumbledore, for him to even hold his own against them alone, he would need to be far above those in his age group.

In some stories, this isn't really a problem. After all, Harry doesn't exactly have to match the power of Voldemort to beat him - as we've seen in canon, wonky magic and extremely circumstantial events can lead to Harry defeating wizards vastly his superior. However, you've mostly eliminated any chance Harry has of fighting by making the story realistic. In canon, Harry knew like 3 combat spells, had no experience, and defeated wizards decades his senior. By including a more comprehensive an in-depth combat system in your story, you've made it very difficult for Harry to overcome a gap in experience and skill. For Harry to have any hope of defeating his vastly more experienced and skillful opponents, he can't just be good. He has to be great. Dumbledore, for instance, was described as being able to do things at Hogwarts that left wizards decades beyond him astonished, and he's known as being far more talented than anyone of his age: Grindelwald and Voldemort are the only similarly accomplished wizards in the series. For Harry to have put in an absurd amount of effort for two years, to only be a match for the top of his year, means that he simply doesn't have the knack for magic that the greats possessed. In a story that seems to stray away from the deus ex machia elements of canon, this renders Harry essentially helpless against Voldemort and his minions.
Friday the 13th has come and gone. Surely you don't mean the next Friday the 13th! That's more than a year away. September 2019 it is!
Schlepian chapter 52 . 7/14
Well well well.

This story is amazingly well written. It is greatly influenced by Ender's game, which is a great story so even if parts are obvious it is still good.

Let's see, the people talking in the headmasters office, it was pretty obvious Snape was one of them from the beginning, it took me to around chapter 18 to realize Dumbles was the 2nd voice, but even then I just thought it was his portrait in the office. Took until you finally gave up and told us directly that Albus had made a Horcrux of his own for me to think he might still be alive, then of course he was Trow was apparent immediately after.

Once you had Tracey write the love note confession I knew you were going to kill her off and I was getting pretty angry at you. I thought Draco was secretly a vampire this year, instead of Voldemort that was a surprise even given the clues that Voldemort was probably around the castle.

I'm pretty sad this story is not complete, I hate leaving things unfinished on my reading list T_T

I'm surprised Harry fell into Fleur's seduction for a 2nd time.

Spell Sniping was a new concept for me, Karim was an interesting OC
Deviant-Hulk chapter 1 . 7/8
Brilliant.. I’ve left this story twice to hope that it continues, has been consistently engaging and an amazing story to read so far, I can’t wait for how it continues and concludes
animedumplin chapter 1 . 7/2
I have spent the last three days reading your story because I didnt want it to end. I know you aren't done, but I want you to know I truly enjoyed what has come so far. please update soon!
2,425 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »