Reviews for Hogwarts Battle School
Alice249 chapter 9 . 10/16/2012
I was surprised at Hermione's simple method - I just sort of assumed it would be a magical method, though I'm not sure why...? But Snape said it was something advanced - did he just means advanced maths? And also this method still means Hermione will be pretty bad at dueling anyone outside of the school so it's not really much of an advantage...it was a good chapter :)
The French Dark Lord chapter 9 . 10/16/2012
I just loved how he planted the seed of doubt in Susan's mind! Stats! Wow I definitely didn't see that coming, behold the power of mathematics!
At first I thought she was using arithmancy to create his battle profile
Joe Lawyer chapter 9 . 10/16/2012
I wasn’t surprised by Hermione’s method. Not really. I figured it was just better intelligence at work. Everyone has patterns. Everyone is predictable to some degree. Everyone has strengths, things that they are good at and do over and over again if they’ve found it successful in the past.

Frankly, I had just assumed that that was what he was doing replaying old matches. Sports teams review films of their opponents all the time. I suppose I just assumed all wizards would do the same when they view old matches. I suppose they were looking more at generalities of strategy instead and that’s why Hermione’s method was so shocking to Harry. But even that is surprising to me. Wasn’t Harry raised in the muggle world? Wouldn’t he already be grounded in this type of thinking? I can’t really recall if that was changed in some previous chapter.

I’m curious how Harry will work to improve Hermione. Personally I think she would make a wonderful number 2. Hermione has a great deal of respect and adherence to authority in canon HP. If Harry can become that new authority for Hermione and earn her trust and loyalty, she’ll follow him anywhere. Canon Hermione followed Harry anywhere he called for. It was only rare that he ever acted in accordance with his potential. This Harry is more confident in his power and skill.

I’m curious, will this story feature canon’s celibate priest/monk Harry? Or will he act like a real teenager? Just asking.
Balatros chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
I really enjoyed this and I look forward to the next chapter, it makes complete sense to me that Hermione would use math to predict things. Good job!
LadyH.J.P.-P chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
exc!
Ensiferous chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
I always look forward to reading your next chapter and for that you have my sincere thanks.

My only note is that you might want to rework one of your paragraphs, I still do not understand what you mean by: "The walls were undeveloped by precise, clearly a work of magic."
badkidoh chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
good chapter.
Heart Of Vengeance chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
Awesome!
Shiki Shiori chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
Wait... someone quotes, "know your enemy and know yourself, and you will win a hundred battles." No doubt that hermione know about herself. But I am wondering, this way, can she compare the improvement of herself to the others (although, with great strategy, the difference of power can be diminished, so this point is a curiousity on my part)?

By the way, those statistics means that she had observed him countless times (not necessary countless, just above thirty or so), hadn't she? Why she not just create everyone's algorithm? On their behavioral pattern when faced in a similar situation?

As always. Interesting as usual.
tenchifew chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
Fascinating story.
Did not see Hermione's method, altough in retrospective it is genial in its simplicity.
Really looking forward to see the plot develop.
Thank you for writing.
Kingswriter chapter 9 . 10/15/2012
I like the stats. Kinda cool
fanatical reader chapter 8 . 10/12/2012
I've becoming rather obsessed with this book over the past week and keep finding myslef preoccupied over what Hermione's trick is (some sort of spell to predict movements? I haven't a clue!) and who the two are that talk about Harry (Snape and Dumbledore? Snape and...possibly another Harry from an alternate universe, as in your other fanfiction? Again, I don't know.) Either way, would you mind listing some of the fanfictions that this is based on? I don't think I've read them before and, based on how wonderful this story is, I'm sure I'd like to. I hope you updat soon, if only so I can stop thinking over this so much!
Dr nido chapter 8 . 10/9/2012
A great read.
stumbled onto this story by chance and couldn't stop reading.
love the "Hermione Granger, the Mud-blood Champion."
looking forward to more...
anon chapter 8 . 10/7/2012
I love it, absolutely fascinating story.
Smithback chapter 8 . 10/6/2012