Reviews for The King's Return: A Tribute to Simba
hawkclaw's destiny chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Wow, it's great! Very good, you explained how the settings matched with the mood. I just think you can work on their feelings a bit more, eg. "Thoughts raced through his mind- Was this the end?" But great over all!
Keep writing! :3
KovuandKiara chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
I love your tributes to Simbahe deserves Tributes
yeti1995 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I have no words left to say.. Really... First of all, it's the idea which strikes me the most.. This is a testament of the Pridelands. I would never have thought of this. I don't think anyone else would, either. Magnificent thinking! It is abstract.. But it's as clear as day.. Very challenging idea, but very well handled!
"All hope seemed to fall over the edge as the lion slipped over the cliff." Now, THAT is how you write a metaphor.. Simple, yet mind-blowing! Your one-shot gave me goosebumps.. This is probably one of the best one shots I've ever read! I can't believe I'd missed this!
And something else that I noticed, was that this was only a little over 500 words.. How you managed to put across so much in so little content, I do not know...That takes a lot of skill...The last line gave me goosebumps. Amazing work!
Chu10 chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Hmm, this is surely a very short one shot! But it was good while it lasted.

Any fan of The Lion King can quickly tell that this was the battle scene between Scar and Simba. I liked how you didn't mention Simba's name, making it slightly abstract. Truthfully, this wasn't the best thing that I've read, but it was good while it lasted. I liked the scene where Simba's thunderous roar made a proud proclaimation that the true King had returned.

The vocabulary here is very good, but could have been better. Perhaps this would have been better if descriptions went even more into detail for the two lions. Or for an 'abstract' sense, you could write it as how the land was reacting. The fire blazed and roared, spewing embers as fierce as the young lion's will to battle! Something like that. Like the land was alive. What you did with the thunder was awesome, and that was my favourite part!

All in all, great scene to write about, quite poetic, and could be polished to become something great. :)
Lavenderpaw chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
not terribly long but dramatic enough.

I'll get 2 ur other stories.
Scuta5 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Wow! This is really good, I'm impressed. I can't wait to read your other stories.
AmyTheOddball chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This was beautifully well written! The descriptions are perfect! I can tell you've done some good work
Amy
LionDreamerAKAfan chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Wow! This was amazing! I loved your poetic writing, you should do more stories, you got talent! Btw I read your PM to me, and after reading this, I'm definitely reading your other stories! ;)
The Imaginative Light chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
This was full of intensity, just like what the film had and the painful memories Simba was forced to remember at that precise moment...hanging there...like his father...off a cliff. D:

This was wonderful!
HiddenWolfx chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
This was a very unique one-shot. I've read one-shots about the main characters, side characters or even semi-canon/oc characters. But never have I read a one-shot that was from the point of view from nature itself. That in itself is very original Your use of vocabulary and definition is finely placed. Especially at the part where the pridelands began to rain. I also loved the significance you gave it at the end as it washed away the corruption from Scar.
sonofamark chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Good story. Though some grammar could be corrected.
Jonny2b chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
its intreasting.
Escob62 chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Hello T5Tango, I begin this review by praising your introduction. Simba's approach towards Pride Rock resembled that of an epic, and I enjoyed the personification of the environment itself. I thought it served as a great hook to read Simba's return.
Your descriptions of the winds' rage and the clouds' relief brought abundant visual imagery fit for the scene. I liked your details in comparing thunder to Simba's roar that implied the conquer of Pride Rock, again reminding me of an epic such as the Odyssey or Beowulf.
Overall I think you did a wonderful one-shot which I thought had improvements over the film version itself. Fantastic read!
Incarnate Firefly chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I like how you gave this tribute a more vivid feeling in the description than simply what could be seen in the film. It helps that you only highlighted key parts of the dialogue so they don't become the focus. You also used the setting and described changes in the weather very well. Overall, it was short but sweet, and I enjoyed reading the whole thing.
lew leon chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Well, it's a simple rewrite of the scene from the film, but you know how to use words in order to "paint" a decent view. :)