Reviews for Carrying A Torch
D Charles chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
I thought it was good Succinct and completely believeable.
Limaccia chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Cute. Mind you, I was on Holiday and missed the opening ceremony. But I did read the fairly uniformly negative comments about what most perceived as England's odd decision to focus on its healthcare programs. And I'm in accord with those who were not in favor.

But, considering that that was England's choice, it did give you a brilliant lead-in for your Portwenn Olympic Torch story, and it was quite enjoyable! And, hey, Bodmin's pretty darn close to Portwenn, both psychologically and physically!
Pvgirl chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Great short story!
Mayumi-H chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Very cute! I liked the passage of the torch from one notable to another, and the reasons given for the honors were quite charming. Nice ending moment for the doctor, too!
The only thing I'd say would be to publish without the strong/bold text; it makes it a bit hard on the eyes.
Snowsie2011 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Thank you for writing a story that brought the spirit of the Olympics to Port Wenn. The village proudly came together, and honored their GP as the opening ceremony honored the men and women of the National Health Service- well done!
Bodmin chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Nice, funny piece. Thanks for bringing the Olympics to Portwenn. I liked it a lot that Stewart and Anthony were running together. I hope the nation did realised that Stewart had company.
When Chris had a word with Martin, I thought he might have won a part in the opening sequence of the NHS, maybe as one of the nightmare monsters.
partsguy chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Nice little story. Good to see the inclusion of almost all the characters we know. And of course in a positive light. Trust the Doc to, even when doing the right thing, make it obvious that he wasn't a part of the community.

A breath of fresh air.
DOCMARTINFANCRAZY chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
You did a great job on this story, I was worried that Martin might screw it up. I am pleased that even Martin did good, When I read Martin was coming out of the surgery I thought he was about to rush off to an emergency and crash into the runner. I am pleased that I was wrong.

Thanks for a wonderful story,
Melissa
Chapin chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Most delightful! The only torch relay in history with a six foot squirrel running beside the torch bearer. Stewart agreed to leave his gun at home if Anthony could accompany him. The children thought the squirrel was a great idea. The adults thought, "What squirrel?"
robspace54 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Queue the Olympic hymn! Lol! Very clever!
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
I'm glad to see Port Wenn was able to participate in the Olympics, even if only in our imagination. Nice story Boots.