Reviews for Learning Curve
Guest chapter 2 . 3/14/2014
At first Kate's characterisation felt asexual which I really related to. As the story went on and it turned out it was more of a self-esteem and abuse issue, it was still quite interesting. I feel you where spot on with the fears, and the butch/femme dynamic common for the period.
KatieMacLove chapter 2 . 5/24/2013
such a good story! 3
CookieKennedy9 chapter 2 . 5/12/2013
:D amazing!
Ceridwyn2 chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
Incredibly sweet. And erotic. Loved this!
It's Just Apple Pie chapter 2 . 1/27/2013
Oh you gotta continue. Technically Kate didn't put out yet!
Indi chapter 2 . 1/14/2013
This was beyond lovely.

Really perfect.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/25/2012
Oh god this was absolutely beautiful and hot, you're such a good writer!
Darthme1011 chapter 2 . 11/30/2012
loved it there is not much written about this lovely series
Lyn Brannon chapter 2 . 10/2/2012
Great story! I didn't want it to end...
zephyrchild chapter 2 . 9/16/2012
I enjoyed this. There are a lot of things that are very good about your writing. Great characterization and generally a sweet well-done story. However, your slang and knowledge of 1940s social norms could use some work.
Dashed chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
I completely forgot to mention Gladys! She's adorable in her efforts to learn to cook but a little more dim-witted here than in your other fics, which I blame more on Kate's struggle to communicate than any fault. Gladys is younger than Kate? Man, I did not pay attention to that at all but looking back it makes perfect sense.

You're wonderfully sharp at picking up most of the details of the cannon and then building an atmosphere so completely your own. Unfair as it is I've definitely raised my expectations of season 2, (which I will annoy you terribly if it's not as good as your writing, or even if it is.)

And Smut! I'm jealous that you can make smut without making it seedy. It was wonderful and private and I kind of felt a little bad like a voyeur for reading it, if that makes sense? The intimacy was just so real, Betty making tea? Aw. Betty asking if she would do? Kate keeping her dress on? Sweet without being cloying.
Dashed chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
"Yet the soft rasp of Betty tugging down the zip on her dress is like a chainsaw" I love how cutting that line is.

There's a great tension throughout the fic in all the worry Kate has internally vs the fears that she voices. It really makes it easy to picture Kate as she stumbles to be not only be okay with herself but also to work out who she is.

I've always read Kate as bisexual or at least still capable of attraction to men and the way Pearl is so bitter and mean in how she doesn't understand that, puts across a great atmosphere of what's an acceptable 'queerness.'