Reviews for This Alien Shore
Sleeping Jay chapter 4 . 12/26/2013
Kaworu acting so teenage is just... A TEENAGE GOD. God-like thing, but. Teenage and god should not belong in the same phrase, and I'm laughing because otherwise I'm just too horrified. I've been that melodramatic before and god I'm feeling that embarrassment now.

At first it's kind of painful that Shinji wasn't really doing this for just Kaworu yet Kaworu still loves him so much despite such a small kindness because damnit, I just want to give him so much more than just that. Then Shinji started understanding and really loving him, so. It feels like cheating since the understanding came from merging instead of hard work on communicating but both of them love each other so... At the end, I'm happy that Shinji isn't afraid to show Kaworu his love even after separating, even in public.

Also why are you making me cry so much I can't even wear my glasses GAH. 4 chapters and I've already cried all throughout 2 of them, and one I cried in the beginning...
Sleeping Jay chapter 5 . 12/26/2013
...How does this crack make sense and is actually kind of depressing AND inspire such feels like hope for the future and all that sap? Seriously? Crack and those things should not have merged so well. It really shouldn't. I kind of don't know what to feel.
ilovecookiesandcake chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I'm not gonna lie but this ff made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I honestly love thi trio more than anything
Barranca chapter 20 . 9/4/2013
Reading these on shots was very interesting, even if I only watched the series a long time ago and never read the manga. Kaworu is an intriguing personality, like a tabula rasa that someone has carelessly started to fill in.
I figure Shinji does not simply see strangeness in Kaworu compared to a Lilim, it's mostly because Shinji cannot understand how someone would believe him worthy of genuine love, a running theme in your stories. Thank you for writing!
Literary Eagle chapter 20 . 8/24/2013
A bittersweet outcome, but that suits Evangelion quite well. Aww, and Kaworu purring is just priceless.
Princess Unikitty chapter 20 . 8/24/2013
looks great so far.
Literary Eagle chapter 19 . 7/28/2013
Aww, so nice! I love the idea of everyone meeting and becoming friends again. Also, I like that Kaworu chose to remain an Angel, instead of becoming a Lilin. Kaworu shouldn't have to mutilate himself to deserve a happy ending.
Inverness chapter 18 . 6/20/2013
That's hilarious; something I never imagined yet I don't find myself surprise in context. I wouldn't mind a continuation of this.
Zyber Elthone chapter 18 . 6/20/2013
Oh how I'd love to see this continued, if for no other reason than the discussion about two Evas making out, in the middle of battle!

How is Shinji going to react to finding out the guy that said "[he] loved [him]" and shortly there after killed in the hand of Unit 01, is alive and controlling a freaky white Eva with wings and a freaky mouth-head that kissed Unit 01 shortly after it arrived on the battlefield?
Literary Eagle chapter 18 . 6/19/2013
Aw, babyworu can even make one of those freaky Mass Production Evas seem cute! XD
Literary Eagle chapter 17 . 6/1/2013
It's too bad the inspiration ran out for this particular oneshot, because I really love it! Still, I'm glad that at least this much was released. So adorable! :)
JoriWinter chapter 17 . 6/1/2013
Ah, why did this last chapter have to be a oneshot... I'd love to read more, pretty please? I quite enjoyed a few of the other chapters too, but I'm a sucker for happy Eva fic, it's soul-soothing after even just remembering the canon. :')
Literary Eagle chapter 16 . 4/2/2013
Wow, thank you so much! I like that it was happy, but without being way too perfect (this is Evangelion, after all). Shinji and Kaworu still have issues to work out, but at least now they'll be there for each other on the journey. Aww. Oh yeah, and crazy/protective Yui made me laugh. Considering the way Unit 01 acts while berserk, it made a lot of sense! Thanks again. :)
Literary Eagle chapter 15 . 2/3/2013
Hi again! Here's the review for the last bunch of oneshots!

Fig 1: Oh yeah, I remember Kaworu's suggestion of becoming a tree in "What Will It Take?". So now here's a story where he actually did that! I love how these oneshots explore all kinds of possibilities, even using ideas that got "discarded" in previous ones. That's really cool.

Wow, I remember that the Classified Information said Yui's father was "an influential member of Seele", but I didn't think of making him turn out to be Keel Lorenz. Poor Shinji has the worst grandfather ever... not that he knows, but still.

Shinji biting Kaworu made me laugh out loud. XD

Fig 2: I loved the part with Kaworu stealing money from Seele to order a new piano, and the "thinking with portals" reference was hilarious! Also, the ending to this one was adorable.

Day Out: Kaworu and Rei's closeness was really sweet, although sad at the same time because of poor Kaworu's situation. I also really liked the reason why Gendo is actually fond of Shinji in this universe!

Only One Left: Oh my goodness, Kaworu comes up with the craziest plans in this fic. But that's part of what makes it so entertaining! The idea of pairing Misato with any of the Eva pilots is not my cup of tea, but I liked seeing her learn to sympathize with Kaworu, and I also loved that she got a chance to help Shinji fight the Mass Production Evas. Go, Misato!

Neon Genesis: This one broke my heart! Kaworu courting Shinji and trying to make him happy is normally something to be delighted about, but here Kaworu was doing so many terrible things and not understanding why it was wrong. I really, really wanted to break through the fourth wall and beat the tar out of Seele for raising Kaworu so badly. A very tragic story, and very well done.

All of your Evangelion fics are great, but so far This Alien Shore is my favorite because of the multiple possibilities that get played around with, and also because sympathetic portrayals of manga!Kaworu are a rare treat. Please keep up the great work!
Literary Eagle chapter 10 . 2/3/2013
Okay, I'm back to review another batch!

In Love With Love: Ah, Kaworu taking care of the kitten! That's an interesting "what if" to explore! It's also nice to see Ritsuko get involved. She gets the short end of the stick in a lot of fan fics, it seems. As for the Petit Eva manga, Kaworu doesn't seem to be living with her in the three volumes that I have. But on the Internet I've stumbled across a few Petit Eva strips that aren't included in those three volumes, so maybe not all of the manga has been translated into French yet? (Or maybe those missing strips are only packaged with certain kinds of merchandise?) At any rate, in the volumes that I've got, Ritsuko made a plugsuit for Kaworu, so I suppose it's possible that he's living with her but they just don't mention it "onscreen". She's definitely obsessed with cats in this manga, though. She won't even eat pastries that are cat-shaped because she thinks it's too cruel!

In Love With Love 2: The suicide scene was so sad! I knew from the previous chapter that he was going to come back, but still! Ritsuko was really great during that part. I loved the idea of her being a mother to Kaworu. Aw, and she saw Kaworu as her transition guide! That was very touching.

System Restore: Oh my, yes! Kaworu wrapping Angel wings around Shinji is one of my favorite fantasies! The fact that Kaworu and Rei's memories got forced into Shinji's head made me a little uncomfortable, though. Consent issues, and all that. Well, considering the other option is letting Seele win and Third Impact wiping everyone out, I can see why it was done. That, and manga!Kaworu obviously doesn't know any better (those Seele creeps are the worst parents ever). But it still squicked me a little. However, Shinji seems to be enjoying himself at the end, so I guess it all worked out eventually. Anyway, I'm going to close my eyes and bask in the lovely mental image of Kaworu wrapping his wings around Shinji some more. Ahh, love that. :)

A World Just For Me: Ouch! Poor Kaworu. I got a laugh out of Seele getting screwed, and I like that once Kaworu was free he started watching trashy TV and baking junk food. In other words, finally getting to enjoy life as a normal teenager! Okay, a teenager who can fly and stuff, but still. Wow, and jealous!Rei sure comes up with kinky punishments, LOL.

The Twelfth Angel, Lilim: Yikes. An interesting twist, but... yikes. Kaworu is certainly justified in thinking that the Lilin are a bunch of nutcases in this one. Heh.

Well, that's another five done. This is a really great fan fic (or series of fics, really), and I'll read/review the rest as soon as I can!