Reviews for Catharsis
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Wow. What a cool idea, your having a Spock who had composed a musical history of Vulcan in the past, which now must be updated in the light of recent events. I hope someday his music will conclude with the bright hope of new beginnings and the triumphant notes of the indomitable spirit of a Vulcan people who rebuild their world and their culture.
TheDeductionist chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
That. Was. BRILLIANT! Please write more to this! It's incredible! I love it :D
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
good story!
The Ga chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Please yes, another chapter!
BlueStoneArcher chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
I absolutely, absolutely, absolutely adore this. I really hope that you do continue this piece, but even as a stand along, it is quite amazing. Reading how most folks describe music is tedious and frustrating, but I enjoyed your descriptions of not only the music, but the instrument, the history (personal and cultural), the emotions boiling under it all. I'd say this piece is in the top five of my favorites I've read here. Thank you very much for sharing it.
Agni chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Very impressive. Music is, often times, a great guide to deciphering your own thoughts and emotions. It is surprising how you actually managed to describe music in such a way that I could almost hear it. Spock's way of dealing with his grief, his confusion, his loneliness was very Vulcan-like and still very human.

What you've written is very profound and emotionally complex. It gives an understanding of Spock's character and I imagine Jim's brilliant mind may have deduced many things after observing this. If you're up for it, it would be interesting to see this from Jim's point of view. As it is, this particular story has a lot of potential but there is also a danger of it becoming something 'less' if you continue and add a complex plot that such a beginning hints at.

As a oneshot, this is great. A possible sequel oneshot with Jim's POV would also be great. For a multi-chapter, it would take some very serious commitment and care so that this story isn't ruined. Please don't mistake this as a critique against your writing. Its just that there have been many stories, some of which I myself have written, that are excellent as one-shots but really don't do so well as multi-chapter stories.

Otherwise, excellent writing.

Regards,
Agni.
Lori Jean chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
I REALLY LIKED THIS. WHICH EVER WAY YOU DECIDE TO GO I WILL KEEP READING.
zeynel chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I really, REALLY loved this. i hope you will write more: it certainly deserve to grow even more, it was perfect!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Great job showing us Spock's inner turmoil! I vote for another chapter.