Reviews for Oceans of Ink
Floatfoot chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Great job!
GlassCaseOfEmotion chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I have a feeling my 5 reviews are going to get quite repetitive haha. Anyway, as I said before, I like your writing style even though second person isn't my favourite thing to read. I liked the bit of alliteration: " Wrapping up plain phrases in fancies and facades, complicating and confusing".

Teddy reminded me of his parents and especially Remus in this and I felt so sorry for him! At least he got over her towards the end. But yeah, I really liked your characterisation of him and Victoire (mostly him).
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Oh, I really liked this! I actually like that Teddy and Victoire didn't end up together, because I don't ship them. I loved that she ended up with a French man, because I love Victoire/French OC, I don't know why...I just do. Anyway, spelling and grammar were pretty good - a few small errors like 'doesm't' instead of 'doesn't', but nothing that distracted me from the fic. I like how Teddy had a bookshop, I think that's very original and clever. I like how you characterized Teddy, I feel like his personality really showed through in this fic and you did a great job with him. Victoire's personality comes through nicely also, and I like how you wrote their relationship. The nickname 'Vics' is original, also, because most people use Vic, Vicky, Torie, or Toire. Overall, this was a great oneshot, nice work!
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
This was brilliant, a little sad to think of Teddy and Victoire growing apart.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Yes! Oh, this was so perfect! I especially love the way that you characterized Teddy; he's exactly as I pictured him. And my favorite line is undoubtably: "You're Teddy Lupin, book lover and tea drinker. Avid Muggle movie geek. Obsessive and lovingly eccentric. You're Teddy Lupin and you're fine." Man, this was so good! Great job!
thefirstservant chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Aww, that's sweet! :) I'm a Teddy/Victoire shipper so this made me a bit sad, but it was a good kind of sad. ;) Good job on the second person and the witty remarks throughput the story! :)
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
There are a few typos in this but I enjoyed it a lot. I love the way he grows up to accept things and can handle being around her again. So much of this was breathtakingly written. Well done.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I love love love this! It was absolutely gorgeous. I adore second person first of all and you used it very effectively. I love this characterization of Teddy. If Victoire doesn't want him, I'll take him! ;)
"...You look good."
"Is that relevant?"
"Yes and no."

that was quite clever. Just saying.

Favoriting :D
Eat.Sleep.Read chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
It floated my boat around the world and back. I'm floating with happiness right now. I am a shipper of Teddy/Victoire, and I am an un-shipper of Teddy/Victoire. I enjoy every well-written story about them, and I praise every author who has created something great about two characters barely mentioned in the series.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
*SOB* this has been a tragic day, so many angsty dtories to review. This. was. So .sad!

Ilove love love Tedorie and they broke up!

I like how he coped, and how he was finenat the end, part of me wnats vic to realise that She loves teddy! But thats not the case :(

Anyways i loved it :)
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
So, when I'm reading a fic, I like to mentally pick out phrases that I can quote and tell the author how very awesome such phrases are. However, about 4 lines into this, I realised I was going to end up quoting the whole thing at you.

[You almost laugh because this is it- this is exactly what she hates. Sugar coating, romanticising. Wrapping up plain phrases in fancies and facades, complicating and confusing; everything's so damned unclear all the time.

A phrase of three simple words is built upon to be more and more until it doesn't really mean it any longer. Fabricating tales of romance and lust, fairy tales, happily ever afters- it's all a joke to you, isn't it?]

I want to take those lines out and treat them to a lovely night on the town which will see the beginning of our sudden whirlwind romance that culminates in our eventual eloping to the bright lights of Vegas where we marry under the watchful gaze of a man dressed as Elvis before returning home to raise several pretty, wordy little children.

That is how much I love this.

I love your Teddy. He is sweet and overly-romantic about life and so lost that I just can't help but love him. You've crafted him wonderfully here.

[You channel your bitterness into your writing. The words fall from your quill and with each stanza, each verse, each completed work, you feel strangely light.]

It's beautiful and bittersweet and so much like poetry wrapped up in silks and disguised as prose. Also, I do not have words for how much I love second person.

The whole time I was reading it thinking, "This girl thinks /I'm/ a good writer?"

awakeatnight chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Well, I figured I would check out your only other HP fic, because I liked the other two so much. I was a little sad reading this, because I really love Teddy and Vic together. The writing was absolutely beautiful, to be clear, I just wish they would have ended up together. I don't follow Sherlock, although I'm sure those stories are excellent too, but I would LOVE if you wrote some more HP, especially Remus/Sirius; they are probably my favourite and I can see you writing some really good R/S. Anyway great job and hopefully see some new Harry Potter stories!
JustStardust chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
omg izzie wow wow wow. 'twas beautiful
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WROTE AN HP FIC? I love,love, love this. I cried and cried! Wooooooooooow! Write more, i've fallen in love with your teddy. I've had an idea...a FanFiction club at school...think about it! Write more wonderful hp stories!
readlikeabook chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Oh crumpet!
This is mesmerisingly beautiful! So wonderfully written! And, as I've had the honor of sitting by you in english lessons gone by and sampling your work, I think it's fair to say this is your best yet! So stunning! I'm lost for words! I want to say heart warming, but that is the complete opposite of the essence of this amazing story! I am humbled by your atmospheric writing! The best one shot I've ever read! And I'm not exaggerating! Some of the best writing I've ever read, anywhere! I'll love Teddy for you! Oh iz! I just want to come and give you the biggest hug in the world! I love you and your writing. I am literally speechless.