Reviews for Holding On and Letting Go
twicrazreader chapter 5 . 6/18
I like how they are pacing this! Its good for both of them!
Marie
Twicrazreader
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 6/18
Very hot and sexy romp in the new kitchen. You made me crave fried chicken too. ;) I'm so glad that Edward told her. I was worried it would be found out a different way. I would hope that Tanya never tells Royce. She never did say who she was engaged to, when Edward saw her for the first time in years. I was very glad to learn that Rose wasn't raped. I had worried that was what happened to her. It was consensual. What he did to Rose, that put her in the hospital, was despicable. Just because his family is well off and connected, shouldn't have allowed him to get away with it. How typical and tragic. Edward did the right thing by whisking her away from there. It was interesting to learn that he was waffling on keeping Ella, all the way up until he held her at her birth. I knew Bella wouldn't run. I knew she'd understand. Very good chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 6/18
For a minute there, I thought that Rosalie was going to tell her story to Bella herself. I'm glad she didn't. Still worry that Bella will get it from Tanya instead of Edward. I hope he tells her first. Esme wanting those photos is sweet but, not sure it's a good idea. Seeing those photos later on, brings the illness back so strongly. When time passes, you remember the good and healthy memories. Having those photos will do the opposite. The cemetery was a tough scene. Poor Bella. She wasn't quite equipped for that just yet. I'm glad she backed away and got herself settled down. The fact that she settled so quickly, makes me think the grief counseling is working. I was surprised that Edward let his love be known. I'm very glad he did, as it really was needing to come out of him. He was about ready to burst with it. I'm also really glad that you didn't have Bella say it back to him. We know she loves him. We know she loves him more than what she felt for Jake. However, she's not ready to say it yet and he's okay with that. I hope he's not holding back telling her Ella's story, because he wants her to say I love you first. That would be really bad. And, at the same time, it would make sense for that to be the reason.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 6/18
Very good chapter. So much happening. Loved Carlisle and Edward's chat. He is a very good uncle. Bella's gift to Edward was perfect. He was so very happy that the photo came out exactly as he'd hoped. I am very happy she got the photos from the camera to the computer. That was a huge step. Nana telling Edward it was time for him to tell Bella what happened to Rose and how he got Ella, was really good. Nana is right, she deserves to know, before it goes deeper. And, he needs to tell her, before they inevitably run into Tanya in Jacksonville. Finding out that way, through Tanya, would probably hurt Bella. It was nice that you reversed the character trait and made Edward the one that didn't like being the center of attention, and didn't like celebrating his birthday. Bella being the one that does like it. I enjoyed that because it was rather refreshing.
twicrazreader chapter 4 . 6/18
Jenn
I found this story on FB. I i never got to it before is beyond me. Loving it so far.
Not sure if you are going to remember me.
Marie
Twicrazreader
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 6/18
I'm so very happy she sought out counseling. Sam was wonderful in this chapter. He's been wonderful the whole time. I love that he just waited her out until she showed him the pamphlet. His remark that Edward will eat for free from now on was perfect. It will be hell for a while for her in those sessions but, she also acknowledges how they will definitely help her. Wonder what pissed Edward off when Rose commented in the kitchen about finally sleeping lately? That was strange. Loved meeting Carlisle, Alice and Esme. They seem wonderful. And, they seem really fun, too.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 6/18
One very important room done and done well it sounded like. It sounds really pretty. I loved how him seeing her making sauce with Ella just solidified everything for him. Scared the crap out of him too. He wants it so much and she's so very tentative, that it's hard for him to let himself want it. I hope you do have her seeing a therapist in here at some point. They are perfect for each other. She just needs to learn how to keep the love of the past and move on with her future. The future with Edward and Ella. Mike was interestin in this chapter. I liked that Edward set him straight and told him to leave. It was kind of funny. It was nice to know that he didn't believe the gossipers though so, there was that at least. Nana insisting he take Bella out was very smart of her. She knows that Bella deserves more and that Edward needs a push to do things without Ella. Shouldn't Carlisle, Esme and Alice be popping in here soon? Or, was that another week away? Bella was fantastic with her teasing Edward about the potential fan club. I was laughing through that whole part. Very funny.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 6/18
I really liked that she attempted a conversation with Angela . . . albeit an awkward one . . . it was a start. I think if she keeps trying, she may become a good friend of hers. James and Laurence were gross. Foul mannered and pigs with how they left that table. Yuck. Edward did exactly what Bella called him out on doing. Pissed all over her leg with talking to her right in front of those two. Nana is not getting better and she won't be getting better. Pancreatic is painful and quick, most times. Maybe Edward should ask his nana why she's been keeping the garden so large. She may have been supplying food to less fortunate people in their town and they are wondering where the food is. I did like that she sort of, kind of, maybe just a little, told him her feelings there at the end.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 6/18
The visuals you painted of them out on the field, were really quite something. You could see the sky darkening. The lightning. Him on top of a fence post. All of it, just perfect. Their conversations are getting heavier and they are falling more in love by the day. It's really sweet. The boob part was funny. Bella was correct, that Ella should be able to go to her aunt. However, this is a different situation and that is why Edward is struggling with it. I have to say though, if they want her to truly be her aunt, then these things will get deferred to Rose most likely. A Ella will not feel comfortable with woman questions, going to Edward. Our nephews ask my husband questions and the nieces ask me. Sometimes they just don't want to ask the parent. I like that he wants to bring her with him to Jacksonville the next time he goes. I liked it even more that she said yes. Bath time was funny. His reasoning that the neighbors would talk if Bella saw her naked, was hilarious, even Bella laughed. I really like that she's sharing her tragedy with him. She's opening up and that is wonderful. How horrid I that they all got trapped like that. I can't even imagine the horror in that room.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 6/18
This first time was perfect. I liked the choice of where too, as strange a that sounds. They'd just talked about fixing it up and making it more so, that's why I liked the setting. I very much liked their conversation when they were returning to the house. He just wanted her to open up a bit more, and she did. Photomedia degree was unexpected but, it's a good one. Their goodbye when he had to go for a few days was sweet. Her reaction to him being gone, was interesting. It seems Mr. Masen has gotten a little deeper into her heart than she had realized. Sam is absolutely wonderful. I really liked that he sat her down to check on her. So sweet of him. Bella deciding to unbox her camera and wanting to take pictures, for the first time in a year, says so much. Him being on her front porch also says a lot. I like that he insisted she take photos. He knows the significance of what her wanting to do so means. Loving this story.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 6/18
What a giant step for these two. Going to church together and with the whole family. In front of a large part of the town. I have a bad feeling about Jessica. Almost as if she'll be the one to find out what happened to Bella and spread it like wildfire all over town. I think that'll earn her the sympathy she ran from in Seattle. The looks of pity she couldn't be around anymore. The looks that led her here. Eek. Although, with Edward standing by her side and the blossoming friendship she just started with Rose, I think she may be stronger this time. Loved the conversation between Ella and Bella about if it was okay that she be daddy's girlfriend. Funny when she said she was looking for an out, then winked at his grandma. Too effing cute. Her idea for the old slave quarters was a good one. It would give him and Ella a place to live, yet not in the house. Although they may end up in Bella's house. Still thinking Mrs. Cope has an idea or two about what she's doing with it.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 6/17
Loved that passionate kis of theirs in that bathroom. Once again, he was right to stop things. She definitely needs a counselor, therapist or, Doctor of some sort. She's got so much inside, that she needs to face and get out of her. Edward said the right thing to her. She can let them go and not forget them. So very true. It seems with her coming back to herself, slowly but surely, she's getting her fight back. For example, the way she handled Jessica was great. She simply told her exactly what she needed to hear. That she knows nothing about her and to back off. Angela seems like she would be a really great friend, if Bella opened up to her. She seems so nice. Okay, Ella with the flowers at the front door, was such a cute scene. I really liked their non-date date. Deep fried Coke and Kool-Aid? What's this you speak of? How in the hell do you deep fry liquid? Our fairs here in the San Franciso Bay Are don't have anything like that. Interesting. I'm glad they got to dance a little together. Looks like Bella may be meeting Rose.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 6/17
I have to say, it felt rather important that he called Bella first, when he learned his grandmama was ill and he needed help with Ella. Her reaction to the house was something. I think if react the very same. It was fascinating how you dated the house, being in their family for so long, by him mentioning the old slave quarters in the back of the property. Letting us know that they've had it at least since the mid eighteen hundreds. Their first kiss was spectacular. And, he was such a gentleman, insisting on getting her home. I liked meeting Marcus, as he was quite enjoyable. I do think that Edward may have to offer partnership to him, as he most likely won't ask on his own. Edward did mention expansion in an earlier chapter. Marcus could handle the Jacksonville portion and Edward could handle the new business that's bound to happen in Masen Valley and nearby, from the work he's doing on Mrs. Cope's place. Tanya was interesting. Sad to learn that she hoped for the opposite of what Edward did with Ella. Although, she did the right thing for her, by walking away. She didn't want parenthood and he did. In that situation the best thing to do, would be walk away. If she would've stuck around, she could've made it so much worse for Ella later, when inevitably she walked out the door.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 6/17
She is waking up again. Coming out of the fog and into the sun. Little by little. It's rather enjoyable to read her doing so. I loved that he just showed up with all the plants. His cockiness is rather fun, as he seems to do it more to rile her up, than being serious about it. His comments about all the housewives staring at him as the new lawn statue, for example. Funny stuff. Her wanting to calm him when his employee called to tell him what happened, spoke volumes. His stopping and jumping out of the truck to dance with her, was so romantic. You brought back a memory of when I was sixteen and my boyfriend at the time, pulled into a vacant parking lot, cranked up the stereo and we danced to Journey . . . swoon. I'd forgotten all about that. Thank you for triggering it. I really like that he stopped when she said to kiss her 'to forget'. So glad he stopped. That must've been incredibly hard for him to do so but, it was very much the right thing to do. I think she would benefit from some type of counseling. Their date at the Dairy Barn was cute. Her putting her foot up for him. His daring her to take his hand. All very sweet. You write fantastic scenes.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 6/17
Love Nana in this chapter. Wanting to cook breakfast and not taking no for an answer. The sweet scene of Edward, Ella do the bubbles. Sigh. Looking forward to learning more about Rose, and Edward taking in Ella as his own. Hmmmm, I'm beginning to think that Mrs. Cope plans on giving this house to Bella. Not that Bella will accept such an enormous gift but, there's got to be a reason behind it. Or, selling it to her for very little. His downing her not very sweet tea, and the conversation around it, was funny. I really do enjoy the chemistry between Bella and Edward. It's really quite magnetic.
3,172 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »