Reviews for Holding On and Letting Go
ChristyWIX chapter 25 . 6/19/2016
That scene with her and Esme finding her dress was such a great one. The way Bella compared the differences in her other dress and the new one, to her own differences in herself, was wonderful. Having Tanya say she would never, ever do anything with the knowledge she carries about Ella, was so good to read. I worried about that so, I'm glad she won't do anything. The changes of venue to the house, so that Nana can be there with them, was a wonderful idea. One that makes so much sense. As soon as she heard the reasoning, of course she'd say yes. Edward, Bella and Ella's conversation made my heart swell. What an amazing little scene you built there. Then the necklace and then the locket. Goodness, what a beautifully sentimental chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 6/19/2016
I floved this chapter. How cute was she when she was leaving to drive to Jacksonville? Then you amped up the cute with how Bella handled Ella being upset that she was leaving. And, with Edward and Ella's night in at Bella's, while she was away. You made me want to watch Tangled again. So, so cute. Mrs. Cope did exactly what I thought she would do, when she had Bella picking out all the things going into it. What an amazing gift to receive. Mrs. Cope and Edward's conversation was such a good one. She knew everything all along. About Ella and about Bella. I would hope that tragedy is done in Bella's life now. And, I don't think she would be able to stay in Masen Valley if something happened to Edward but, it was such a wonderful reason for Shelly to give her the home. Someplace she could stay that was her own. I loved how excited and happy she was in the last part of the chapter. That she thinks she got the job. And, how happy she has the home. Edward's proposal was perfect. So very happy she said yes. Yay!
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 6/19/2016
Wow, that was some kind of attack of some sort. It was a big one too. I rather liked the way that Carlisle diagnosed it. Even prefaced it by saying he was not a psychiatrist. That it was probably her body finally releasing some of the grief and pain she's been carrying around. I loved that Edward flew after her and that he caught up to her. Calmed her, then calmed each other. I was very happy that she said she needs a doctor, not a counselor. She recognized that although she is getting better, she may need more. Very hard to admit those things sometimes. She even acknowledged how selfish she's been acting and hates that she has. Edward, of course, was having none of that. A little bit of that was true though. Not completely her fault and not completely selfish. Just slightly. I do worry how the death will affect Bella, because she will need to be the strongest one, for the sake of Edward. She'll have to shove it all aside and let him grieve on her. Be there for him. I just hope she can do it.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 6/18/2016
Oh wow, you gave Rosalie her Emmett. And, he's also studying law. How very wonderful. Jasper speaking with Edward in this one was really good. I'm glad that the whole family sees that Edward puts them all ahead of himself. I very much hope that when the time comes and Nana leaves them, that they all take care of him, as he will need every one of them in some capacity or another. My goodness. The reaction that she had to that gazebo was priceless. Her demanding that he sit out there with her daily until she's gone, was perfect. Question: Why didn't Edward just carry her out there? Why make her walk in her condition?
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 6/18/2016
Wow, Nana nailed it on the head with Bella. She really is filled with wisdom and shared some with Bella. I think it really helped her sort through some of those last little things that were holding Bella back. She is so much stronger than she gives herself credit for. I do still wonder what is going on with Mrs. Cope. I hope she's not ill. What a magical moment between Edward, Ella and Bella. Edward dancing with Ella , then dancing with Bella, finally dancing with all three together. Just such an amazing scene. What an wonderful moment between Rose and Bella, too. That was heavy and beautiful at the same time. It was Bella giving strength to Rose and Rose accepting it. So good.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 6/18/2016
Wow, I was wondering if Rose would ever change her mind. Want to take Ella back from Edward. Wondered if they put in a stipulation that she couldn't. I'm glad that Edward got her mind wrapped back around to the right direction. Scary. As if he didn't have enough in his plate right now. Well, they all do but, he didn't need that. Very glad he comforted her though. They both needed that. I was also glad that Edward told Bella that he's crazy for her and very worried that she'll bolt at anytime. He needed to get it out of him and she needed to hear that fear from him. I've noticed the shift in this too. Not sure if you were trying for it or, did it just happen. Edward was strong and cocky and the beginning and still has flashes of it, yet less often. Bella was on auto pilot and not living. The stronger she gets, the more scared Edward gets. That's the shift I noticed.
twicrazreader chapter 6 . 6/18/2016
Cant wait to see why he adopted Rose's baby.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 6/18/2016
I absolutely loved that whole morning of theirs. The alarm going off and Edward groaning over it. Bella going back to her room contemplating everything. Little Ella coming in so quietly and elated that Miss Izzy was awake. The two of them talking so sweetly and watching the sunrise together. Edward coming in and suggesting the three of them get some more sleep in her bed. All of it was fantastic! You scared me for a minute when she thought briefly of fleeing but, I should've known your Edward would see something was wrong, and not allow her to leave. He let her know he wanted her there with them. She let him know she's wanting it but, she's still scared. I love that he told her she's already got the family. Marcus was interesting. It's inevitable that Nana isn't going to make it. Doesn't make it any less sad when it's starting. Yikes.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 6/18/2016
Another very sexy scene. I really like your lemons. The are great, without being graphic. Not that I don't mind graphic but, some stories don't warrant it. Your sweet tale is one of them. The muffin scene was good. Her suddenly sad becaus a memory of her mom popped up. Edward realizing he's just as scared as her and hadn't realized it, when it came to his complete trust and Bella. Because of what happened to him in his past, was almost as bad as what happened to Bella, even though it wasn't as horrific. The scene on the beach was wonderful. Him coming home to Bella and Ella playing on the beach. His concern for Bella getting sunburnt. Then I loved the story Charlotte told Bella. So funny. Her near confession of love for him . . . so glad he stopped her . . . I really liked that she told him without telling him though. At least he knows now.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 6/18/2016
I think that Edward was expecting Bella to call things off, when he showed up the next morning. I'm glad she proved him wrong. Hey, Jasper showed up. Loved how he was offended that he wasn't dressed properly for his first meeting with her. That was funny. They've made it Jacksonville and I think Bella is quite happy there . . . and it's only been a couple hours. I like that their return there was in her point of view, as it gave you insight as to how he is still very popular there but, it's very different. I loved that she saw the three of them there together. Very good chapter.
twicrazreader chapter 5 . 6/18/2016
I like how they are pacing this! Its good for both of them!
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 6/18/2016
Very hot and sexy romp in the new kitchen. You made me crave fried chicken too. ;) I'm so glad that Edward told her. I was worried it would be found out a different way. I would hope that Tanya never tells Royce. She never did say who she was engaged to, when Edward saw her for the first time in years. I was very glad to learn that Rose wasn't raped. I had worried that was what happened to her. It was consensual. What he did to Rose, that put her in the hospital, was despicable. Just because his family is well off and connected, shouldn't have allowed him to get away with it. How typical and tragic. Edward did the right thing by whisking her away from there. It was interesting to learn that he was waffling on keeping Ella, all the way up until he held her at her birth. I knew Bella wouldn't run. I knew she'd understand. Very good chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 6/18/2016
For a minute there, I thought that Rosalie was going to tell her story to Bella herself. I'm glad she didn't. Still worry that Bella will get it from Tanya instead of Edward. I hope he tells her first. Esme wanting those photos is sweet but, not sure it's a good idea. Seeing those photos later on, brings the illness back so strongly. When time passes, you remember the good and healthy memories. Having those photos will do the opposite. The cemetery was a tough scene. Poor Bella. She wasn't quite equipped for that just yet. I'm glad she backed away and got herself settled down. The fact that she settled so quickly, makes me think the grief counseling is working. I was surprised that Edward let his love be known. I'm very glad he did, as it really was needing to come out of him. He was about ready to burst with it. I'm also really glad that you didn't have Bella say it back to him. We know she loves him. We know she loves him more than what she felt for Jake. However, she's not ready to say it yet and he's okay with that. I hope he's not holding back telling her Ella's story, because he wants her to say I love you first. That would be really bad. And, at the same time, it would make sense for that to be the reason.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 6/18/2016
Very good chapter. So much happening. Loved Carlisle and Edward's chat. He is a very good uncle. Bella's gift to Edward was perfect. He was so very happy that the photo came out exactly as he'd hoped. I am very happy she got the photos from the camera to the computer. That was a huge step. Nana telling Edward it was time for him to tell Bella what happened to Rose and how he got Ella, was really good. Nana is right, she deserves to know, before it goes deeper. And, he needs to tell her, before they inevitably run into Tanya in Jacksonville. Finding out that way, through Tanya, would probably hurt Bella. It was nice that you reversed the character trait and made Edward the one that didn't like being the center of attention, and didn't like celebrating his birthday. Bella being the one that does like it. I enjoyed that because it was rather refreshing.
twicrazreader chapter 4 . 6/18/2016
Jenn
I found this story on FB. I i never got to it before is beyond me. Loving it so far.
Not sure if you are going to remember me.
3,197 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »