Reviews for Holding On and Letting Go
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 6/18/2016
One very important room done and done well it sounded like. It sounds really pretty. I loved how him seeing her making sauce with Ella just solidified everything for him. Scared the crap out of him too. He wants it so much and she's so very tentative, that it's hard for him to let himself want it. I hope you do have her seeing a therapist in here at some point. They are perfect for each other. She just needs to learn how to keep the love of the past and move on with her future. The future with Edward and Ella. Mike was interestin in this chapter. I liked that Edward set him straight and told him to leave. It was kind of funny. It was nice to know that he didn't believe the gossipers though so, there was that at least. Nana insisting he take Bella out was very smart of her. She knows that Bella deserves more and that Edward needs a push to do things without Ella. Shouldn't Carlisle, Esme and Alice be popping in here soon? Or, was that another week away? Bella was fantastic with her teasing Edward about the potential fan club. I was laughing through that whole part. Very funny.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 6/18/2016
I really liked that she attempted a conversation with Angela . . . albeit an awkward one . . . it was a start. I think if she keeps trying, she may become a good friend of hers. James and Laurence were gross. Foul mannered and pigs with how they left that table. Yuck. Edward did exactly what Bella called him out on doing. Pissed all over her leg with talking to her right in front of those two. Nana is not getting better and she won't be getting better. Pancreatic is painful and quick, most times. Maybe Edward should ask his nana why she's been keeping the garden so large. She may have been supplying food to less fortunate people in their town and they are wondering where the food is. I did like that she sort of, kind of, maybe just a little, told him her feelings there at the end.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 6/18/2016
The visuals you painted of them out on the field, were really quite something. You could see the sky darkening. The lightning. Him on top of a fence post. All of it, just perfect. Their conversations are getting heavier and they are falling more in love by the day. It's really sweet. The boob part was funny. Bella was correct, that Ella should be able to go to her aunt. However, this is a different situation and that is why Edward is struggling with it. I have to say though, if they want her to truly be her aunt, then these things will get deferred to Rose most likely. A Ella will not feel comfortable with woman questions, going to Edward. Our nephews ask my husband questions and the nieces ask me. Sometimes they just don't want to ask the parent. I like that he wants to bring her with him to Jacksonville the next time he goes. I liked it even more that she said yes. Bath time was funny. His reasoning that the neighbors would talk if Bella saw her naked, was hilarious, even Bella laughed. I really like that she's sharing her tragedy with him. She's opening up and that is wonderful. How horrid I that they all got trapped like that. I can't even imagine the horror in that room.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 6/18/2016
This first time was perfect. I liked the choice of where too, as strange a that sounds. They'd just talked about fixing it up and making it more so, that's why I liked the setting. I very much liked their conversation when they were returning to the house. He just wanted her to open up a bit more, and she did. Photomedia degree was unexpected but, it's a good one. Their goodbye when he had to go for a few days was sweet. Her reaction to him being gone, was interesting. It seems Mr. Masen has gotten a little deeper into her heart than she had realized. Sam is absolutely wonderful. I really liked that he sat her down to check on her. So sweet of him. Bella deciding to unbox her camera and wanting to take pictures, for the first time in a year, says so much. Him being on her front porch also says a lot. I like that he insisted she take photos. He knows the significance of what her wanting to do so means. Loving this story.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 6/18/2016
What a giant step for these two. Going to church together and with the whole family. In front of a large part of the town. I have a bad feeling about Jessica. Almost as if she'll be the one to find out what happened to Bella and spread it like wildfire all over town. I think that'll earn her the sympathy she ran from in Seattle. The looks of pity she couldn't be around anymore. The looks that led her here. Eek. Although, with Edward standing by her side and the blossoming friendship she just started with Rose, I think she may be stronger this time. Loved the conversation between Ella and Bella about if it was okay that she be daddy's girlfriend. Funny when she said she was looking for an out, then winked at his grandma. Too effing cute. Her idea for the old slave quarters was a good one. It would give him and Ella a place to live, yet not in the house. Although they may end up in Bella's house. Still thinking Mrs. Cope has an idea or two about what she's doing with it.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 6/17/2016
Loved that passionate kis of theirs in that bathroom. Once again, he was right to stop things. She definitely needs a counselor, therapist or, Doctor of some sort. She's got so much inside, that she needs to face and get out of her. Edward said the right thing to her. She can let them go and not forget them. So very true. It seems with her coming back to herself, slowly but surely, she's getting her fight back. For example, the way she handled Jessica was great. She simply told her exactly what she needed to hear. That she knows nothing about her and to back off. Angela seems like she would be a really great friend, if Bella opened up to her. She seems so nice. Okay, Ella with the flowers at the front door, was such a cute scene. I really liked their non-date date. Deep fried Coke and Kool-Aid? What's this you speak of? How in the hell do you deep fry liquid? Our fairs here in the San Franciso Bay Are don't have anything like that. Interesting. I'm glad they got to dance a little together. Looks like Bella may be meeting Rose.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 6/17/2016
I have to say, it felt rather important that he called Bella first, when he learned his grandmama was ill and he needed help with Ella. Her reaction to the house was something. I think if react the very same. It was fascinating how you dated the house, being in their family for so long, by him mentioning the old slave quarters in the back of the property. Letting us know that they've had it at least since the mid eighteen hundreds. Their first kiss was spectacular. And, he was such a gentleman, insisting on getting her home. I liked meeting Marcus, as he was quite enjoyable. I do think that Edward may have to offer partnership to him, as he most likely won't ask on his own. Edward did mention expansion in an earlier chapter. Marcus could handle the Jacksonville portion and Edward could handle the new business that's bound to happen in Masen Valley and nearby, from the work he's doing on Mrs. Cope's place. Tanya was interesting. Sad to learn that she hoped for the opposite of what Edward did with Ella. Although, she did the right thing for her, by walking away. She didn't want parenthood and he did. In that situation the best thing to do, would be walk away. If she would've stuck around, she could've made it so much worse for Ella later, when inevitably she walked out the door.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 6/17/2016
She is waking up again. Coming out of the fog and into the sun. Little by little. It's rather enjoyable to read her doing so. I loved that he just showed up with all the plants. His cockiness is rather fun, as he seems to do it more to rile her up, than being serious about it. His comments about all the housewives staring at him as the new lawn statue, for example. Funny stuff. Her wanting to calm him when his employee called to tell him what happened, spoke volumes. His stopping and jumping out of the truck to dance with her, was so romantic. You brought back a memory of when I was sixteen and my boyfriend at the time, pulled into a vacant parking lot, cranked up the stereo and we danced to Journey . . . swoon. I'd forgotten all about that. Thank you for triggering it. I really like that he stopped when she said to kiss her 'to forget'. So glad he stopped. That must've been incredibly hard for him to do so but, it was very much the right thing to do. I think she would benefit from some type of counseling. Their date at the Dairy Barn was cute. Her putting her foot up for him. His daring her to take his hand. All very sweet. You write fantastic scenes.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 6/17/2016
Love Nana in this chapter. Wanting to cook breakfast and not taking no for an answer. The sweet scene of Edward, Ella do the bubbles. Sigh. Looking forward to learning more about Rose, and Edward taking in Ella as his own. Hmmmm, I'm beginning to think that Mrs. Cope plans on giving this house to Bella. Not that Bella will accept such an enormous gift but, there's got to be a reason behind it. Or, selling it to her for very little. His downing her not very sweet tea, and the conversation around it, was funny. I really do enjoy the chemistry between Bella and Edward. It's really quite magnetic.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 6/17/2016
This chapter was great. I liked her spilling all over him. I really liked how Bella and Ella's names were practically the same. You've got me very curious as to why he can't do Bella and went with Izzy and Iz, as that was very strange. Maybe it has something to do with why Ella is named Ella? Their banter back and forth was really something. I really enjoyed it. It is good to know that Sam know her whole story and that is why he gave her the job. Sounds like it was a tragic one, involving fire. *shivers* Edward asking if she's ever been chased before and then doing just that, was fantastic. Jessica being miffed and cranky that Edward asked Bella out was no cool, yet expected. Wonder what Bella has a masters in? To not be able to hold yourself together through the sadness enough to take a position in her field, is interesting. Or, her field simply doesn't have anything available in that particular town. Marine biologist? Loved him showing up at her home all ready to work. The banter yet again being quite fun. It was good that he realized she went away, while standing right there, and acknowledged it. I think they may be really good for each other.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 6/17/2016
Somehow, I missed this prologue. Wow, so she is broken and has suffered losses as well, it seems. Sad.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 6/17/2016
This was mentioned on FB today and it sounded quite interesting. I really like how it has started out so far. Sad about their grandmother. Poor Rosalie having to make that type of decision about Ella. Very glad she at least had the option of Edward, so she could keep her in her life in some capacity. Sam seemed like he was a good man. Mrs. Cope seemed really different than the norm and that was refreshing. Wonder if she will keep it under wraps when she sees the birth certificate. I am thinking she will, as she claimed sh is the opposite of nosey and gossipy. Very interesting first meeting well, with talking involved, for Bella and Edward. At least I think it is Bella, since her description fit what we are used to. Intrigued.
PINKSAPPHYR chapter 28 . 4/25/2016
It was fabulous! Such a great story... It was very hard at times, but I think this is what made the good times so great...
I really loved it and I hope you'll write more of these delightful outtakes!
Thank you for sharing your words... It was a pleasure to read them.
Until next time :)
flibbidyjibits chapter 28 . 1/17/2016
Beautiful!
anafinchel chapter 27 . 12/23/2015
Beautiful story! I really liked it despite the angst of the whole situation
3,196 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »