Reviews for Voices Carry
cruiseaholic chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
ayyy i see you NBK! i actually know a couple of girls at northwestern who'd never kissed a boy before coming to college & now they're slutting it up with the rest of them so i don't think kristin will have any trouble finding that special someone-to kiss, not to slut it up with-YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. speaking of, when do you start wake forest? pretty soon now right?
miyame-chan chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
again, you made another great fanfiction. and i love it even more since it's about my fave character! :)
oh, and question: in the series, is kristen the only one who hasn't kissed/lip-kissed a boy?
YoungMarie chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Oh, it just hurt and oh, Maddie! Blow in the dark made me literally LOL, btw. Have you heard that somewhere else? Awesome.

I just love this - the whole huge stigma about just getting those things over with because that just what you're "supposed" to do, you know? I mean, I've kissed a guy but being a seventeen year old virgin makes me feel like I'm a part of a dying breed. And the looks of shock I get are ridiculous.

This is just so great. I can't help but love every little simile you have - "in the fashion of a petulant child enduring the dentist" and him bragging about all those proms and ouch, that had to hurt. Very, very badly. Tie-dye prom shirts! To be honest I was wondering how you would thread every prompt in and it was great. Just. . . not a huge deal, you just managed to fit them all in so they were tiny, integral parts of the story.

You are so great. And the feminine empowering kind of message at the end made my feminist self get all smiley. And awesome.

The best part about this... or maybe the worst, I don't know, is that you truly made Dune seem like he could be the guy. Like usually in stories where the guy turns out to be a total d-bag, you can see huge hints the whole time but you, girl, you brutally made us all feel like he was a good guy. And as Kristen's unease great, thicker and thicker, so did ours, and bam. He's a d-bag.

Thank you thank you thank you. Sorry for the one day late review and also posting one day late. I suck.
Haritha chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
1. You looked abso-freaking-lutely beautiful at Prom
2. Yes, you're so pretty and intelligent that you intimidate the boys
3. Jared's a bit of a bastard. Good riddance.

Lovely story and I suppose this gets me caught up. Nice epiphany to round things off, it's all about that female empowerment, you know? ;)

Much love xx

(And you better text me the second you meet James. And send a creeper pic haha)
kneexsocks chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Love it! Great job. :)
unsheltered chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
you never fail to amaze me, mads. seriously. (if you don't remember me, it's angela :D) this was.. just incredibly perfect and asdfghjk just perfect. dune is just.. blechh.
& NONONONONONONONO. this can't be your final story! but if it is, you definitely finished this fandom with a bang, because this story is fantastic - your writing is fantastic. you're like a legend on this site, really. keep on writing, even if it isn't on here. you have too much amazing talent, don't let it go to waste (:
within a sepulchre chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
i liked this a lot, maddie. it was very well-written, and i loved how realistic you made the fic (the dialogue and events and such). i really enjoyed reading this, and i definitely felt kristen's pain; i liked how you used the prompts and just how you write, in general (simple, descriptive, detailed, WORDS- it's just hard to describe), and i hope that this isn't your swansong, 'cause i want you to write for the clique for a looong time.

ugh, this was flawless. brilliant job, maddie.(:

xmercurial chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Wow. This was great, and so true. I know people nowadays are just rushing relationships all the time, and this just serves as an amazing lesson to all. LOVE and Faving,

-captain xx
Befantastic chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Amazing. Once again you write something superbly realistic. I have something just like this but its Sweet Sixteen esque