Reviews for Memorial Day
Edhla chapter 11 . 10/8/2014
Good lord, woman, you are a writing MACHINE and can I borrow some of your writing energies? :D 100 chapters. I can only dream of it.

I've missed this one, so I'm gonna pick up here. x

I found this a really interesting little piece largely because of Hikari's conflicting emotions and the discussion about what's "acceptable" emotions to feel and say aloud.

[The pain never] I felt that this was worded a little oddly and interrupted the impact of the first line, which is excellent. Not my fic and we have wildly different styles, but maybe "Of course, the pain was never enjoyable, and his screaming was horrifying" or something?

I'm also really taken by the wording of the first line - that Hikari enjoyed "watching him die", but then backtracking to say that she didn't really enjoy WATCHING, just knowing that the end result was him dead (and that she feels she isn't allowed to express that thought to anyone else, which says a lot not only about her but about who she moves with. Of course, it's never acceptable, unless your friends are psychopaths, to say that you enjoy seeing torture and pain, but "glad he's gone" is often ok.)

Love the imagery of the tiny light in a cage of darkness - striking and beautiful, I expect nothing less of you. No pressure ;)

The line about knowing people will eventually return not being a cure for present loneliness is poignant and rang true... why must you write such emotive, pensive things, Aiko? ;) I do love them, though, you know, baptism fic ;) (Seriously kidding there.)

Great structure in bringing the whole thing back to the crux of the matter: "she was still glad that moster was dead." Indeed.

Lovely work x
Guest chapter 37 . 5/24/2014
I know Ruki's pain when it comes to Hirokazu it's how I feel about my brother he bugs me to get his attention. For some reason he wants me to go and chase him and/or hurt him,than again I did the same to someone else in the family (well I wanted the chasing not the hurting part) either to my mom or sister I can't remember. Meh,I did it at least a year ago so doesn't really I really enjoyed this one.
Guest chapter 37 . 5/24/2014
Man,I'm pretty dense I didn't even think about the possibility of Hirokazu having a crush on Ruki even though I've noticed some of the hints,than again I'm like that with a lot of characters/people.
Edhla chapter 10 . 9/29/2013
O hai! Just an FYI that I'm reviewing MD not because I'm gleefully ignoring your preferences but because long chapters are hell to review on a phone. Let's start, yeah? Hopefully the evil word delete glitch is over.

[He was frightened of everything.] What a powerful intro, saying so much in such few words. The fact that you leave the reader on the dark so far as to the source of the fear... That the protagonist is male... Very good characterisation and you have my attention!

[At the beginning, anyone would be...] I know you don't particularly want to show your hand here, however, I thought this was a little unnecessarily vague and was a little annoyed by it.

[as Gym class huh?"] I think you need a comma after 'class ' though not completely certain. [Not much really was.] Again, I found the syntax of this sentence to be a little awkward, along with the "scary" sentence. That said, what a great character and characterisation there. How do you make characters so unique and vivid?

[But what if they have no friends?] A tense shift here, as you've only just used the word "had." I love this consideration though, and the answer to the question is so adorable it hurts.

[He used to be afraid but now he wasn't.] If I had to at all critique this section, it would be to say it's rather wordy and can detract from your meaning. This sentence pretty much says the same thing twice, and might be stronger if you dropped the "now he wasn't."

[And neither would he.] yikes, and out of nowhere you drop that ominous phrase! So smooth that a distracted reader might miss it. Damn.

[He never showed contempt wasn't kind either.] Again, great characterisation. I'm confused about the indifference line though as he doesn't seem indifferent; there should be a colon in front of "indifference".

[ "Because that's what people do."] This is great. It's a perfect explanation and also no explanation at all.

]he would ever color himself in instead of with everyone else's rainbow] The syntax seems off here, or perhaps a missing word? Great job as always xx
Green Phantom Queen chapter 9 . 9/15/2013
I loved Iori (Cody in the dub) when I was a kid, voice aside. Aside from being the one to be similar to Izzy, he also has his own burdens in regard to fighting and having to at least get the bad guys to understand that violence is not the answer. Him becoming a defense attorney also adds into it in that he wants to protect people without having to resort to people being hurt with guns or fists.

I haven't seen the series in a while but I'm not sure what the mother thought about Armadillowmon and Cody being a DigiDestined. However, I am glad that she understands that her son is doing good in the (Digital) World and that he hasn't lost his character as a pure knowledgeable and reliable youth. His dad would truly be proud.

this is also poignant that he's doing good, considering one of the big bads of the series knew his dad and both wanted to go to the Digital World. To forgive Okawa for all of those atrocities takes a lot of moral character. I still remembered seeing the scene in the dub and felt bad; Okawa wanted to fulfill a dream and nearly destroyed both worlds out of that desire and dies before even meeting up with a partner he could've had at the beginning...what a depressing end for him.

Thank you for writing.
MitzvahRose chapter 100 . 8/2/2013
*Laughs* Poor Tagiru. And your right, it was a bang, if not the one I was expecting.

So... that's it, huh?
One full year has passed. Wow... But... it's over? :(
MitzvahRose chapter 96 . 8/2/2013
I know Takato's hard, but he sure is fun. Like you said, he's definitely worth writing. :)

Oi... Takato... I really wish they never included that message in the packet, but then again, it makes it all the more heart-wrenching and loveable.
MitzvahRose chapter 84 . 8/2/2013
Oh Culumon... poor, poor Culumon... I never thought about how he might feel in all of that... *Bows head, ashamed*

As always, wonderfully written. Again, trying not to cry. *Smiles sadly*
MitzvahRose chapter 70 . 8/2/2013
Oh... I didn't realize until the end that this was placed at the end of Tamers... poor Ruki, poor Rena...Pokomon...
I wish they would do a freagin' sequel, just so the digimon can see their partners again! ..But that wont happen, because they said they wouldn't. The authors, that is...
MitzvahRose chapter 65 . 8/2/2013
Only, he didn't win. Oh Seraphimon...

And Cherubimon... I haven't watched all of Frontier, so I can only imagine the pain this is referring to, even if I do have a basic idea.
MitzvahRose chapter 55 . 8/2/2013
W...Wizar... you did him... Thank you. :)

*Blinks away a few tears* Wizarmon... Oh, I've never read someone put your story this way... I wish I could thank Tailmon, but at least I can thank the author. :)
MitzvahRose chapter 53 . 8/2/2013
lol, just because he had white feathers... xD

So... Devimon... as an Angemon? Interesting, but to me it sounds like Piedmon was talking. Almost, but not quite, that is. Well done!
MitzvahRose chapter 44 . 8/2/2013
The ox and sheep? I was thinking for along the lines of the horse. :)

Seriously, this was so cool... have you done Wizardmon? I would be so happy if you did him too! :D
MitzvahRose chapter 25 . 8/2/2013
I JUST read that first part... wow, really, thanks for the thanks! XD

*Reads this chapter and chokes up* J-Juri...
MitzvahRose chapter 22 . 8/2/2013
O.O Whoa... dark... but interesting. Very interesting... I quite enjoyed this chapter, and didn't expect that kind of take on Quartzmon. :)