Reviews for A Dance in Shadow and Silence
vegap1k chapter 1 . 4/14
It was so pure, thank you.
DrMcCoyfan chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Hello!

Loved this story! They totally love each other and Doctor McCoy knows, even before they do :))

The ending was fantastic!

Louise xx
Emily J13 chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
Ahhhhh , I just love this so much! It's one of those fics that when you finish you have this little fluffy feeling feeling of satisfaction like: "Yes, that went EXACTLY how I wanted it to". I loved this, I loved the process of seeing how Spock came to his realization that Kirk loves him (and that he reciprocates). Thanks for writing :)
Cera chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
So, when I saw this story on ff, along with the Words "Fiction M" and "Slash", I first wanted to ignore it, because I was expecting just another plotless, shameless sex-story. Then again, the rest of the short summary sounded, like there actually is some plot, so eventually I decided to give it a try.
And I'm glad I did.
I really like how your story was centered on the emotional processes of understanding love and how Spock slowly came to terms with his desire for Kirk by seeing Sulu and Chekov together and at the same time, you managed to capture the hostile atmosphere of the planet and their desperate situation perfectly. The concept of mixing past events with the present and how in the end everything fits together was also quite refreshing to read.
(So, the only thing I'm wondering about now, is why this story is actually labeled as 'M', when I've seen far 'dirtier' stories displayed as 'T' and there is nothing dirty in this story. In fact, the slashy ending of this story is actually quite cute.)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
That was amazing. Thank you.
Mistress of Solitude chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I love how this ended.
yarr chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Sorry if my review is a mixed bag of jumbled thoughts. I can't accurately word my immense appreciation for your stories. Instead of writing a review, I should send you a big box of homemade chocolate chip pecan cookies instead. :)

The particular scene in which Kirk invited Spock to shore leave in the Fretanian Mountains was a gem to read. Loved the imagery of the two of them watching the clouds together-so touching!

Excellent contrast between Spock's peaceful reflections of his time spent with Kirk and his violent struggle for survival on the planet.

I appreciate your motif that portrayed Spock torn between his Vulcan logic and the human need to cling to life and closeness. I'm glad Spock realized his deep affection for Kirk when he recognized Sulu's affection for Chekov.

Your detailed description of the off-shore planet was a treat to read. The isolation and darkness of the planet was clearly expressed. It made Spock and Sulu's predicament that much more desperate and believable.

Bones... Ah... Bones. You capture his mannerisms and dialogue so perfectly!

And the end? Kirk's confession and /the kiss/-oh my gosh. The feels! Such a warm, fuzzy and perfect ending. I’m a sucker for picture-perfect happy endings like this. Wonderful job with this fic. Maybe you could write a short follow-up so Sulu and Chekov can get some closure? :) I’d like to see a happy ending for the two of them as well. Again, another wonderful read. Thank you for all of the hard work, talent, and love that you put into your writing.
AllTheSnakes chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Wow. That's a beautifull and amazingly well-written story. Congratulations.
IchikoKitsuneKoumori chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
_
celebensis chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Often I will muddle through a fic late at night when I'm about to fall asleep to get through it, but with this I had to put it down, because I felt it was too much a shame to not read it with intent focus. I'm just not even sure what aspect of your writing in particular I so enjoy, but I DO so enjoy it!
KitElizaKing chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Wonderful, wonderful story. So well thought out and beautifully written that it was a joy to read it. You did a very good job of bringing your characters to life in a way that was very true to 'life', and I appreciated that very much. Thank you for writing such a great tale. I have to say I am very impressed by it.