Reviews for Missing Pieces
aniseed flower chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Ohhh i liked that! Thanks for writing it.
mistrali chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
My heart breaks for Assefa/Frostpine here. I like the way you establish his sheer anger, frustration and emptiness, and that hint of what he might've done is reminiscent of your dark-fic.
Sweet Sassy Sarah chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
It sucks so much that Frostpine had his magic basically stolen from him because his parents were greedy. I hate that part of canon, but it makes Frostpine such a deep character, and he's got a link, in a way, to the Circle, and I think that is amazing and you did so well with your characterization of him. Frostpine and the other dedicates are all difficult to write, especially if you're looking at them before they enter Winding Circle, but you did a great job with this!
venusmelody chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Oh, *ouch*

Assefa's pain and his *disdain* for his family, mixed in with his anger, is hard to read. I think you gave it the justice it deserved. The part where he returns to the forge, something that's only briefly mentioned in the books, is written VERY well, and it's particularly affecting. It really is the emotional climax of the fic. I particularly liked the repetition of how much Assefa has sacrificed to that point, while his family gained and told him nothing.

(Though I console myself knowing he does keep in touch with his youngest sister.)
Queen of Tortall chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Ah, very nice! This is the first time I've read Frostpine as a teenager, I think, and you've captured his emotions very well. I particularly liked the last line: "...Assefa rides on his long road home, looking ahead for the missing pieces of himself."
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Excellent writing. I thought this really managed to get into Frostpines head.