Reviews for Good Men
Fire Tempest chapter 1 . 6/1
Well written, emotionally stirring. Thank you.
Machaon's Apprentice chapter 1 . 2/22
Great story !
Wise-wren-owl chapter 1 . 1/1
Reading this made me so happy.
MattKennedy chapter 1 . 12/25/2015
Awesome one-shot. Love the feels between Anakin and Obi-wan. :D
Feanariel chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
A touching story, although I suppose it is something of a Qui-Gon character assassination. Still, I wish Anakin and Obi-Wan had been able to have a heart-to-heart like this. And I like how Anakin figured out that Palpatine was Darth Sidious at the end.

This exchange made me smile:
"Are you encouraging this?"
"As the child is already on its way, I see no chance of discouraging it" :)
lil'storm chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
For the love of the force! Don't I wish that this was what happened in the real movies! Anyway, it's a truly inspiring piece, mauldin, but absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :)
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
This is what should have happened. Thank you for writing this.
Werde Spinner chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
I. CRIED. ACTUAL. TEARS. This masterfully crafted conversation is all I've ever asked for. THANK YOU.
mana chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
that was awesome it changed my perception of everything in the books and it just hit best recent fic
fringeperson chapter 1 . 5/13/2014
Thank you for writing this. Thank you.
MADStar529 chapter 1 . 3/8/2014
Much better ending. Loved it.
Zexs chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
The sad thing is this could have easly become canon with just one conversation
Firebirdie chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Oh my god, Anakin and Obi-Wan actually having a conversation about their issues and secrets that doesn't end in a pointless shouting match? AWESOME. Sappy this may be, but it's the good kind of sap. The kind that provides a sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe, these characters might not be quite as hopelessly doomed to tragedy as expected. (By which I mean: yay, fix-it! :D)

Nice insight into the differences between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as Masters. Qui-Gon's selective affections are often glossed over; Obi-Wan's difficulties connecting to Anakin make so much more sense in this light.

Well done. :)
miarath chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
Wow! This was really touching.
Love it very much.
misakigirl chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
I really liked your characterization, especially Anakin's. It shines throughout the movies that, while Obi-Wan did love Anakin, he just never knew how to express them and Anakin never say them. Besides their different backgrounds, IMO, Obi-Wan's and Anakin's personalities are too different to show their feelings in the same way.

But, returning to Anakin, I agree with you in that he put Qui-Gon in a pedestal and sometimes wished that Qui-Gon had been his master. He's really naive and, at age 9 and just been freed, he would have never thought about the repercussions of Qui-Gon taking him as a padawan, while he would have been left with the impression that Obi-Wan only trained him because of this promise to Qui-Gon, never pausing to analyze their changing relationship or the fact that a promise could have changed into a more brotherly or fatherly affection.