Reviews for When Angels Deserve To Die
LilyBolt chapter 7 . 10/22/2013
I had forgotten to mention in my last review...

The idea you had that a piece of Lucifer had been entwined in Sam driving him mad, and that Castiel took that on when he took Sam's crazy was pure genius. :D What a creative twist on that part of the show! You took a loosely explored, mostly brushed over, piece of the show's story and expanded it into this incredible idea. And the intricate 'verse you've created from that idea is nothing short of astounding. Again, great job! :D
LilyBolt chapter 7 . 10/22/2013
OMG cliffhanger! I really should have seen that coming, shouldn't I? I mean I've read enough of your stories to know you LOVE a good cliffhanger. And yet somehow, they always get me. lol However, I should like to focus on this chapter's other components as well. First, I will start with this line:

"The thought of his angel weeping tore at Dean's heart. Weeping angels stood vigil over quite graves; they shouldn't lie broken at his feet."

I don't think I can describe how much I loved that line. It grabbed me with the depth it carried and what it spoke of Dean's feelings toward Castiel in that instant. True, throughout the rest of the chapter Dean shows that he hasn't exactly forgiven Cas, but little moments like that thought show equally that he cares. He will eventually reach a place of forgiveness because some part of him that he doesn't even realize yet exists already /has/ forgiven him. It's the part that breaks when Castiel cries. And you captured that with a poetic moment of word-gold. :D

Speaking of Dean's feelings through out the chapter... The speech he gave to sleeping Cas was so wonderfully written! It was very believable that Dean would finally open up while under the impression that there was nobody awake enough to know he was doing so. And the things he said made sense. He didn't have some cliche moment of "I guess I forgive you after all because you're such a special friend", but instead had a very honest moment where his feelings were very realistic for the situation. It is true that Dean can't hate Castiel at this point, but he certainly can't just forget everything that happened either. There is a probably pretty rocky path ahead for them, absolutely. But the fact that the path is there to walk is what really counts. :)

I also liked that Sam overheard that conversation and was pleased to know Dean was finally coping with his feelings. I noticed that at various points throughout this story you had Sam try and get Dean to open up, but Dean continued to brush him off. Sam being relieved to hear Dean finally let out some of that emotion in a way that didn't involve violence or alcoholism was very true to Sam's character, and was especially consistent with Sam's feelings throughout this story.

I felt my heart break for Sam and Dean as I realized Bobby wasn't back yet. Those poor boys... Dean's words:

"But at the back of his mind Dean told himself that saving the world always came at a cost, and this time it was Bobby."

It is very 'Dean' to hope a little but never really hope a lot, because in his experience the world is a dark and unforgiving place. Good deeds are rewarded with pain, not praise. :'(

I also thought you did a genuinely excellent job going over Sam's conflicted thoughts in a continuous train during the time he watched over Cas. You showed he understood why watching Cas took such a toll on Dean, because doing so left the watcher with little but their own mostly dark and confusing thoughts to keep them company. And his thought process made sense. It felt like a natural train of his feelings on the matter at hand. :)

Honestly, you never cease to amaze me with how talented you are at story telling. Every chapter is enthralling in its own way, and each story unique. The emotional content and the focus on the relationships between characters is natural enough to make the reader relate, and yet well developed for each character as their own distinct entity, never generic. You are a master writer and though I have said this multiple times, I will say it again: I sincerely hope you do write that book you were telling me about. Some people just have a gift for writing, and I don't doubt for an instant you are one of them. :D

I look forward to reading the next installment in this 'verse soon! (I had today off and could therefore read to my heart's content, but this weekend I have midterms to worry about, so I may have to wait a few days unfortunately. :P lol) Keep up the awesome work! :)
LilyBolt chapter 6 . 10/22/2013
I have no words at all to describe the absolutely spectacularly tragic chapter I just read. First, Crowley's solution is so unique and although I don't trust him in the slightest, because really, who ever could? ...I still think that Dean made a better call than to let Castiel rot as a shadow of Lucifer. But my goodness, I /felt/ for Castiel as he got his grace ripped out. The way you wrote that whole moment! This line in particular stood out to me:

"He felt eons ebb and flow int he span of seconds. The passing of time in heaven, on earth, and down in the depths of hell clashed within him. He lived and suffered as intensely as he could in the endless instants."

The way you focused on the multiple lives flashing before his eyes, all on different time-lines, and maddeningly painful in all three forms...It was worded in a powerful way that so clearly conveyed the sense of confused agony Cas was subjected to. I could imagine his intense discomfort so clearly as I read it, and it made it so difficult to go through with him. You invoke such emotion with the words you choose. This was yet another truly amazing chapter! I'm moving onto the final chapter next, and my God I can't wait. :D
LilyBolt chapter 5 . 10/22/2013
AHHH! I feel like I just narrowly escaped being run over by a semi, that's how exhilarating this chapter was to read! That whole sequence in Stull Cemetery kept me on the edge of my seat, literally! I was happy you didn't do a repeat of The "Sam beats Lucifer because Dean is there to show he cares" thing. It would have been sweet to have Dean pull Cas back to Earth, but it also would have been such a parallel of that moment, it would have detracted from the awesome. Instead, you made me think that might happen, and then spun it around and made my stomach drop out when I suddenly though Dean actually /might/ not succeed. I genuinely feared for a moment that Dean would end up in the cage and Lucifer would win that round. And that's coming from someone who already read "The Hunter and the Hunted", so I knew it couldn't end there. And yet you wrote it so well I lost my sense of reason and actually believed it was possible. :0 I'm so excited to read the next chapter, and especially to find out what Crowley has to say. Kudos for introducing him with a simple, "Hello boys." It said everything about who was speaking, without naming him at all. You are so good at making perfect moments like that for these characters... ;) Anyway, on I get to chapter 6! :D
LilyBolt chapter 4 . 10/22/2013
Holy crap this just keeps getting better and better! (Or worse and worse, depending on how you look at it. lol) I loved Sam's moment of realization that Lucifer was in control of Castiel. The second he realized gave me a shiver right down my spine. It was so well written that I felt I was there with him experiencing it as he did. :0 And then the way you write Casifer... You toy with Castiel's habits to make the situation all the more unnerving. His head tilt, his expressions, even emphasizing Lucifer still has Castiel's gravely voice... It's so awesome! (And the voice thing /is/ creepy because Castiel's voice, you must admit, would be freaking terrifying if it belonged to Satan and not socially awkward well-intentioned Castiel.) I also totally was suspicious of the new coordinates that "Frank" sent them, but I wasn't expecting it to go down like it did. It totally caught me off guard, but in a good way! You gave hints, and I was sure Lucifer was planning something... But it all came to a head in such a moment of pure awesome, I am still kind of stunned. And also now completely in need of reading chapter 5. So on I get! ;)
LilyBolt chapter 3 . 10/22/2013
OMG this chapter was AMAZING! I would add more exclamation points, but I think you catch my drift. lol The battle was so intense, and the thoughts from Castiel's POV as he was dying and trying to save Dean at the same time were brilliant. I really really love the way you capture action in such a believable way. It's always fast paced but with enough detail to still make perfect sense. Writing a fight sequence is tough, especially one from several points of view like you did here. But you handle it like an expert. I am never confused, and I am ALWAYS engaged. :D Oh, and then there's the little matter of "holy crap, Lucifer is in control of Cas now". It's such a tiny thing. lol Seriously though, I'm sorry to cut this particular review short, but I simply MUST go onto the next chapter now so I know what happens next. It cannot wait. :0
LilyBolt chapter 2 . 10/22/2013
This chapter was really interesting! I absolutely loved the way you had Castiel sort of become Lucifer for a moment, and the way you had him use his 'angel mojo' to nearly burn Bobby away... The whole scene was incredibly creepy! I could just picture innocent Cas's face turned oddly cold and vicious as he watched Bobby nearly burn up. Ugh! It gave my goose bumps! And the scene between Cas and Dean in the bathroom as Dean tried to clean his head wound... I thought it was GREAT that you had Lucifer leave them alone because he didn't /need/ to torture Cas at that point. Cas and Dean 'torture each other in ways Lucifer never could'. Brilliant! This was yet another awesome chapter. I'm very excited to see where this particular story leads to. ;)

P.S. Favorite line you ask? This:

"Sam gave him a sad smile as they continued with their talking and feelings crap."

Hahaha! It was the perfect call-back to Dean's quote. Yet it had an underlying hint of sadness to it at the same time. Just a great use of those words! :)
LilyBolt chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
So this was awesome! I like that it did pick up right after "Four Men In A Car (To Say Nothing Of The Devil)". (Which is my favorite title you've come up with yet, by the way. lol) The conflicted emotions in Dean are so well written. You tend to demonstrate it more through his actions than his words, and that works out best. For example, I enjoy the way you had him walk away from Castiel when Cas confessed to having killed Balthazar. He didn't get mad or shout at Cas. He just got some much needed space between he and the angel. It's undeniable that he still cares about his friend, but he is clearly also still upset by the magnitude of Castiel's betrayal. And even when he /does/ convey this through words, it's most often indirectly. It's mainly demonstrated in his tone and his timing, not the actual words he says. I really love that! :D

Oh, and Bobby is still great. lol Especially that line "You got a rolodex full of angel head doctors? No? Then dial Heaven's 911, or we carry hauling his crazy ass from state to state watching him get worse. It's your choice." I could completely hear Bobby saying that. His sarcastic gruffness, combined with the sincerity of his argument. It's impressive!

(PS. I will be reviewing each chapter, but please don't feel obligated to reply to each review. That would be a lot of replying, and I know how tedious it would get for you. I trust you're getting these, so no worries. lol) ;)
Wicked R chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
eerie!
Wolfnight2012 chapter 7 . 10/21/2012
This is a fantastic story!
I love crazy Cas, and how you interpret Dean.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, and am glad you did not end with such a cliff-hanger! )
MaverikFlame chapter 7 . 9/29/2012
GAH. That's a rather evil ending, but I see you continue the story in another fic. Phew.

Anyways, it can be hard to find well-written pieces on here sometimes, but this story definitely falls into that category. I love your interpretation of the characters and your version of how Castiel deals with Sam's madness. Just wonderful!

Off to the next fic now!
Guest chapter 7 . 9/6/2012
more!please
EsScaper chapter 7 . 9/4/2012
This is a EXCELLENT piece! Your characters are spot on and you storyline is fantastic! Lucifer taking over Cas broke my heart. I could just see his poor beloved wings tainted and diseased...SO SAD! Having Crowley pop in to take the spoiler grace as insurance is perfect for his character LOVED IT! just don't. Let Cas die from his fall...though it was very poetic and quite beautiful...in a totally tragic way. A sequal would be everso welcome!

Thanks for letting me reap the benefits of your awesome talent! Your "crazy Cas" was perfect! Just enough. Totally believable.
LOVED THIS!

Esc.
the-poette chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
There has to be a sequel...please tell me there is. This whole thing was so well crafted. i haven't been this moved/invested in a story for a long time. thnx for that, but u owe me tissues.
Lostpharoah chapter 7 . 8/31/2012
I'm just in love with this story. It's so heart wrenching, so beautiful, so sad, I just love the characterization. So please keep going soon!