Reviews for The Road Paved in Concepts
Author chapter 57 . 1/30
Oh I get you now. Even though Lyra isn't Valerie it would still matter to me if things add up to everyone. If you were to email 'louisstarsky gmail' then I would be happy to explain more. But to sum things up a bit here, everyone in Louis's original world is still alive instead of Locke. So this fact would conflict with what was being said by both Lyra and Yukari, as returning would allow him to communicate with the real Valerie. Lyra's identity is a bit more abstract in comparison. Send an e-mail my way, and I'll shed some light on that, since it will be a little while before I continue the story.
BonbonCrystal chapter 58 . 1/29
I guess I wasn't clear, I was trying to say that Lyra was Valerie in the original world, but if she has no relation then I guess it doesn't matter.
The NHK Ambassador chapter 58 . 1/29
Louis has a younger sister named Valerie and an older sister named Delilah, who has not had an active role in the story. That being said, Lyra has no relation nor connection to either of them. Lyra is a different entity altogether!
BonbonCrystal chapter 58 . 1/28
Lyra is Louis's sister isn't she?
Ninon Beart chapter 58 . 1/22
Congrats on somehow managing to actually TOP the emotional punch precedent set by your previous two super-dramatic season finales!

This was a truly torturous cliffhanger to end on, since what Louis believes that he wants obviously won't result in a happy ending for all parties involved...And yet, I am seriously stoked to see if another, well "Other" third option presents itself somewhere down this Road.

After all, an absolute "Certainty" can always be defeated by a sudden "Miracle", and one needn't be a...Witch or something to divine that conclusion. Hehehe...
Ninon Beart chapter 57 . 12/23/2016
The four chapter lead-up to the final bout between Starsky and Drosseldoofus was absolutely fantastic, giving off a very videogamey vibe reminiscent of all those ridiculously puzzle-prone RPG endgame dungeons, and I found the story exposition computer monitors to be a pretty clever touch as well!

The decisive duel itself was an appropriately epic, action-packed affair, and I must admit that Drosselmeyer himself proved to be a pretty...Wily opponent, but at least he wasn't a slimy green space alien or anything of the sort. *shrug*

...Or a load-bearing boss.

In any case, hype level for the current season conclusion was probably off the charts for most of your loyal readers, yet I truly believe that you pulled no punches and MORE than delivered...A total fanfic knockout! Hehehe...

I'd say that Concept Road strikes a perfect balance between lighthearted silliness and plotline-related drama! *happy clap*
19 Infidels chapter 55 . 12/8/2016
To be honest I've thought all the battles have been pretty good.
Ninon Beart chapter 55 . 12/7/2016
My personal opinion on the most memorable of battles, huh?

Hmmm...I'd say the conclusive clashes that brought a close to the conflicts of the previous two seasons fit the bill perfectly.

Of course, I am referring to...

Louis and Mami vs Ran Yakumo...And the timely emergence of "smiling" Patchouli.

Together with...

Louis and Lyra vs Youmu Konpaku...And the background emergence of "angry/worried" Patchouli! Hehehe...

Fanficwise, emotional punches are the best brand of blows...And you certainly have thrown out plenty of them throughout the course of this storyline!

The first season finale proved to be a solid hit with plenty of "emotional punch," but the second season milestone ended on an especially serious shot to the dramatic kidneys that definitely had me reeling!
Ninon Beart chapter 53 . 10/1/2016
Personally, I feel that Concept Road's multiple choice plot points are, and continue to be a mini stroke of storytelling genius!

...I always tend to wonder what might have happened if Louis had tried one of the alternative options, since several of them from previous chapters are "What-Ifs" that could very well make fascinating fuel for an omake or two (or more!).

In any case, the quiz show showdown was pretty fun to read through and definitely the highlight of this current chapter.

It sure seems like the story is moving towards its "violent destiny"...Or maybe I've just been playing too much King of Fighters lately. Eheheh...
Jack Hunter chapter 53 . 10/1/2016
This is going really great. Keep it up. And please make a sequel if you do end this one.
ARSLOTHES chapter 51 . 8/16/2016
looking forward to when this is updated again
Jack Hunter chapter 19 . 6/27/2016
You should get the RWBY dimension done sometime. And I also just thought of recommending Elsword as well.
Ninon Beart chapter 51 . 6/27/2016
Reader mileage may vary, of course, but I personally feel that crossover character development is Concept Road's strongest point.

This latest chapter completely obliterates my only actual fanfic-related quibble, which was more interaction among the various contracts, rather than just with Starsky himself.

And when all is said and done, and Drosselmeyer has been squished into bean paste, perhaps Louis ought to throw a great big victory bash for this Maiden horde, since the mental image of all these mages, warriors, and anthropomorphic animals wandering the halls of the Scarlet Devil Mansion is a fanfic opportunity too good to pass up. Hehehe...
Jack Hunter chapter 52 . 6/27/2016
I'm still glad to hear from Teto again. It had been way too long since we last heard from her.
19 Infidels chapter 50 . 5/19/2016
Louis and Patchouli should kiss at some point.