Reviews for Pharyss
winterprincess chapter 81 . 1/13
Hi! Have you ever thought about publishing?
I started this story last October and have been reading the story when ever I had time. Over breaks I would grab my tablet and curl up in bed reading each chapter. This story took hold of me and consumed my thoughts so much so that I created the term "Stuck in Phayrss", because I thought about it long after I finished a reading a chapter or two. The idea of the Pharyss celebration is what peaked my interest at first. Ebony's voice was a great narration at explaining Pharyss and the things in it. Ebony was very relatable, but not that "Oh I am tomboy" manner. Each and very character you introduced felt real and well rounded. Even the minor characters felt like actual people. The characterization and world building were two of my main favorite things about this story.
Now, from the start I was partial to Kol. I liked Christain just fine; thought he was charming and kind... that is until Kol was introduced. I loved his mischeviousness and want for adventure! Christain paled in comparision. The only issue was that Ebony only had eyes for Christain and Kol never showed any signs of having feelings for her. I thought they could be nothing more than friends (though secretly I wished that was not the case). Christains behavior also became odd and confusing. I didn't know what to think of him and Kol and Ebony were still friends. Needless to say, your foreshadowing of Christain's true character had always shown, but it was subtle enough to doubt whether he was kind or a complete jerk. Kol's history was very interesting and only made me like him more. Some of my chapters were the ones after Ebony escaped Garen. I honestly thought I could never like Victoria or Giselle. But Victoria's character change was done beautifully! I am so glad that she and Ebony will have a chance to build a better relationship. Giselle on the otherhand... I hope she sufferes for all of the chaos and agony she caused. There were so many side characters I loved too! Like Dewey (Paislee and him are perfect for each other), his mother, Pandia, Curtis and Clover and many many more. Each adds to the charm of Pharyss.
I absolutly adored the small details that you included. Such as the reoccuring older couple, the storm from the picnic and when Ebony learned the truth about Kol, the food at the banquet in chapter 70, and etc. They enhanced the story so much and is another reason as to why it is so special.
The ending was done spectacularly! I was on pins and needles until Kol finally showed up. Although a good ending always leaves the reader with questions. I wanted to see Mekt through Ebony's eyes, meet Kol's sister, laugh some more at Curtis and Clover's antics, and much much much more! I feel as though the world of Pharyss is real and I am so sad to be leaving. You did a wonderful job of bringing your ideas to life. You are an awesome writer! This is by far my favorite "fanfiction" ever! I wish I could keep it on my book shelf.
Goodbye Phayrss!
RandomFTfan0204 chapter 50 . 1/8
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO WANTS KOL WITH EBONY?! Because I think they would look so cute together! X3
So Sorry From The Sea chapter 42 . 12/30/2014
I can't tell if I am on Team Kol or Team Christian.
spartyk chapter 44 . 11/28/2014
Nooo I can't believe she stood up Kol :( I was looking forward to seeing another day spent with him. But still loving the story so far and hoping that maybe her and Kol will have some time together at the next ball!
spartyk chapter 16 . 11/26/2014
Love it so far. Although I'm just not sure if I really trust Christian. Idk if it's the writer in me or the pessimistic but I'm just waiting for him to secretly be a huge jerk. Also wondering if we'll see more of that pickpocket. Wish I didn't have to stop reading to prepare for all this holiday stuff
Guest chapter 81 . 11/24/2014
This is THE BEST THING I HAVE READ on Fanfiction . Your story is so descriptive and the world of Pharyss is simply magical. I want to write fanfiction about the perfection that is Ebony and Kol. I want to read more about this wonderful world you have created. This is truly better writing than a few novels I have read. Take a bow, you deserve the applause of a thousand million for this story .
Anii Ayers chapter 81 . 8/26/2014
That was an amazing story! I would love to see it turn into a real book someday, you'd deserve it, author! Can I just say, this was the first story in the Fairy Tale area that I have read, and I think it is already my favourite!
Guest chapter 9 . 5/10/2014
It's a mildly diverting story, but I fear there's a contradiction in Ebony's character. In words you portray her as a kind, not-selfish, not-vapid, not-stuck-up (etc.) person, but some of her actions seem rather like her sisters'. Well, perhaps not her actions -she doesn't yell at shop-keepers, after all- but her desires and motivations. You originally portrayed her as a more solid, mature, down-to-earth person, but now she's acting rather like a teenage fan girl.
ookamifemale001 chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Hey, I absolutely love this! It is fantastic! I can honestly say this is one of the best fanfics I have ever read. And, I've read ALOT. Please, please, PLEASE I encourage you to send this to a publishing company to see if they will make it into a novel. It is genius. Best of luck to you and, if you do, let me know.
Much love
Ookamifemale001
Night Empress of the Moon chapter 81 . 1/10/2014
This is an AMAZING story and a great fresh retelling of a classic tale. Well Done!
Mystic.Luna1997 chapter 81 . 12/31/2013
Firstly i'd like to congratulate you such an outstanding story, seriously though you have talent because that story is publish-worthy, not to mention off the hook. Mani was holding on to my seat at all the expertly placed turns in the plot. All in all I love this story and I am also really happy you got to finish it because I was reading it when it only had about 18 chapters. Keep up the great work , if you're planning to make a career in creative writing you would denifinitely make it! :D
Gigigue chapter 81 . 12/28/2013
Oh man, I feel like crying right now! (Partially 'cause I should be sleeping, but that's beside the point.) This was the most perfect ending possible. So happy! But of course, now it's time to leave all the characters, which is the problem with stand-alone novels. :P Thank you so much for writing this. This is literally one of if not the best story I've errand on FanFiction ever. And, with some edits and refinement, this could be published. So so good. I will be sure to read your next story starting tomorrow. Thanks again for giving me this awesome adventure to experience! (And sorry for completely taking over your first page of reviews... I get a little overzealous sometimes.)
Gigigue chapter 78 . 12/28/2013
Best. Chapter. Ever. Kol figured it out! They can be together! And now they're both injured, possibly dead. The irony of it all. I really hope Andrew gets to know the real Kol soon, because he really is a wonderful guy. Ebb loves them both so much, and it'd be horrible if they didn't get along...
Gigigue chapter 75 . 12/28/2013
Yes! Finally the mockery comes into play... I love that Kol actually gets it. Every time he could have been deceived by something (spell, mockery), he sees right through it. He's officially the smartest character ever. He still hasn't found out about Andrew though, and I'm dying for him to figure it out. And I can't believe this crazy ride is almost over. Only two more reviews from me!
Gigigue chapter 70 . 12/28/2013
Oh my. So much to talk about. Thank you Kol for breaking the engagement with Paislee! They'll both be so much happier, especially since now Paislee can hook up with Dewey. :) I completely support that couple. And ooh, the tension really racked up when Andrew came into play! So much jealousy on Kol's part. I can't wait to see his face when he finds out the truth. Despite all this, I kind of hoped that Addie and Bert were simply best friends and not a couple. I don't like reading that kind of stuff.