Reviews for Because We Knew You
Broadway's Next Baby chapter 1 . 8/14
Somehow, despite adoring Bare (I may love it even more than Rent- crazy, I know) and your fanfics being something I read when you post them, I'd never come across this fic! I like the idea of Jason and Ivy's child bringing those left behind by Jason's suicide together, it makes for a much happier ending. For me personally, it depends on the day what I think happens, but most of the time, I don't headcanon things going so well, although I do think that grief brings Peter closer to Nadia and Ivy (and the two of them closer as well). I sort of take Matt out of the picture most of the time.
Some days, I think that Peter is able to grow from Jason's death and becomes the fabulously gay human being he probably would have been if he didn't have to be closeted. He dotes on Ivy's child and spoils them beyond belief, because it's the last piece of Jason the world has left. Maybe he finds love even stronger than his love for Jason, maybe not, but all in all, he's happy.
Other days, though, I feel that Peter is just left destroyed after Jason's death and doesn't know quite what to do with himself. He becomes depressed and never gets over Jason. Your partner committing suicide is probably never something that is easy to live through, particularly when you're so young and so in love. He possibly kills himself later on. It's not a happy ending, but it's quite possible and what I think is the more likely outcome.
Whatever their ending is, though, great story! Please write more Barefic if you get inspiration, the world needs more of it.
HundredsofStories chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
I've just recently broken into the depressingly beautiful musical known as Bare and anything Post-Bare or Pre-Bare or just Bare in general strikes a chord with me. I feel like you understood Peter very well and wrote him in a very relatable and interesting way. The ending line really punctuated the message you were trying to get across, that there isn't always sadness in death, and I just loved this story so much. Very well written. Anyways, I have a few fanfics of my own on here that I think you would like even if one of them is a horribly depressing Post-Bare fanfic. Anyways, please check them out at my profile: u/4376817/HundredsofStories
Thank you for writing this. Great story.
ChandlerBourdette chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
FEELS, SO MANY DAMN FEELS!
pleaseforgetthisaccount chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
This is very deep, very good story! I wish you had included something about Lucas and more about Matt, but you did a lovely job. Better than some of the other post-story five!
flowersforalgernon chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Chills.
nodaybuttodayJ94 chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Is this that musical you told me to watch? Ohh I'm intrigued.